6 replies to this topic

#1 Garrond

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Since I already have an all SSRM Cat-A1 and a 2x SSRM2 Jenner-D, I really dont want another mech with guided missiles. I know that SRMs are by far not the best choice but still - I want to give it a try.

So here's my Jenner-K with 1 missile hardpoint and 2 free slots. But what to take?
SRM4? SRM6? SRM4 + Artemis?
Whats your choice and why?

Edited by Garrond, 19 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#2 Garrond

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Additional Info: I can easily afford Artmeis. Question is if the extra precision is worth the slot and ton. Are would I be better of having 6 instead of 4 missiles?

Edited by Garrond, 19 November 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#3 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

I am curious about this too, never really looked into the artemis price though.

#4 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostGarrond, on 19 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Since I already have an all SSRM Cat-A1 and a 2x SSRM2 Jenner-D, I really dont want another mech with guided missiles. I know that SRMs are by far not the best choice but still - I want to give it a try.

So here's my Jenner-K with 1 missile hardpoint and 2 free slots. But what to take?
SRM4? SRM6? SRM4 + Artemis?
Whats your choice and why?

There isn't enough room in the CT for an SRM 6 with Artemis. Artemis adds extra slots to each launcher, and extra tonnage to each launcher (and I think ammo as well). I thought about trying it with an SRM 4, but I'm not sure 4 missiles is enough to warrant the expense honestly.

#5 Toastersupreme

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I poked around with this a bit SRM 4+ artemis and did not see much gains. They don't separate as much in flight but become too erratic to hit something at >40m. In fact the only way I could use SRM's was at point blank, like shadowing an atlas and in that case the SRM 6 is better, or two SRM 4's on the D variant. LRM 5's + artemis is fun but a waste since anyone with anti-missile usually eliminates 4 of the 5. Over all the Streak SRM 2's provided the most utility, but perhaps I need to play around a bit more with SRM's.

#6 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I use two srm4s in my jenner and it gives me nice close in damage. An SRM6 will chain fire the missiles in a sets of 4 then 2. Honestly though two streaks is the best all round missile set up for a jenner.

#7 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I've run all four SRM setups (SRM-4, SRM-6, SRM-4+Artemis, dual SRM-4) and I was successful with all of them. It's fairly easy to hit fast targets at least 60-75% of the time (and slow targets 100% of the time) once you learn the lead times and get away from the easy-mode computer guidance of Streaks. I never liked Streaks to begin with, as I usually keep one target locked for friendly LRMs and shoot a different target to get my own kills.

I found the SRM-6 setup especially challenging, as it does as Dirus said -- fire one salvo of four missiles then a second salvo of two missiles. Using that build helped me immensely with learning lead times, and I could usually get both salvos to hit.

The SRM-4+Artemis setup is really useful when you find yourself taking more long-range SRM shots. I do more often now just because I can hit from the same range with medium lasers. When I used small lasers (before DHS) I usually didn't take long-range SRM shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users