Capellans UNITE!

40 replies to this topic

#1 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

We need to put some serious work into coming up with an organized game plan for making fun of our enemies.

I won't do us any good to throw insults about willy-nilly, like blind fire LRMS.

We need to focus our attention on just a few of their insecurities in order to really make them sting.

They don't have to be based on Canon facts, but i suppose that helps.

For example, i've been sticking to making fun of Steiners for placing politics before strategy, and being cowardly. Davions i make fun of for being Fan-Boys with an obsession with Big Autocannons that is an obvious form of envy (the one that can't be talked about on these forums).

To that end, i'm making this Topic to collect suggestions. Later on, i'll see about putting the collected suggestions up for a vote.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

I don't think that is a good idea. Any house has some points where they can be attacked and it is all good and fun to do it as a little friendly mockery. But to organize it just screams "grief" to me.

#3 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

You Sir, have no soul.

This post is meant to be taken fairly tongue-in-cheek.

No serious effort is ever going to be put into making an organized insult campaign.

This is really more of an attempt to gather all the clever ideas for "friendly mockery" into one place for the enjoyment of all.

The fact that the first reply i had to make to this post is a disclaimer fills me with a sense of dread.

No fictional characters of a fictional universe were injured in the making of this post. Any comments made in reference to their fictional habits, fictional family trees, fictional countries of origin or fictional choices in fiction material are purely fictional and made for the generation of additional fiction about fiction, and as such should not be attempted by non-fictional characters in non-fiction sections. For further clarification on this, ask a turtle.

Edited by Beazle, 04 June 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

I am no going to respond... for obvious reasons. :)

#5 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostBeazle, on 04 June 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

You Sir, have no soul.

Obviously, as I am an educated capellan, I don't believe in such nonsense like supernatural beings that created all life on earth or whatever. And as such I am often called soulless. I am also called soulless when I show no mercy to my enemies, but only when I'm not fast enough on killing them.

I still don't believe that to be good idea. Even if no ill intend is meant. It could lead to bad things. What if we start to use one aspect over and over again, because of your vote idea? We ourself would become the joke of the universe. Not to mention, that our enemies could have spies here :) and could prepare a countermessure. We would fail horribly! Remember our history and learn from it.

No, my friend! Better to let it be, like it has always been, then to change it into something that could backfire on us.

#6 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 June 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Obviously, as I am an educated capellan, I don't believe in such nonsense like supernatural beings that created all life on earth or whatever.

That barrs you from a place within House Kamata. :)

#7 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 June 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Obviously, as I am an educated capellan, I don't believe in such nonsense like supernatural beings that created all life on earth or whatever. And as such I am often called soulless. I am also called soulless when I show no mercy to my enemies, but only when I'm not fast enough on killing them.

I still don't believe that to be good idea. Even if no ill intend is meant. It could lead to bad things. What if we start to use one aspect over and over again, because of your vote idea? We ourself would become the joke of the universe. Not to mention, that our enemies could have spies here :) and could prepare a countermessure. We would fail horribly! Remember our history and learn from it.

No, my friend! Better to let it be, like it has always been, then to change it into something that could backfire on us.

Don't call me friend. My friends have a sense of humor, and I'm starting to get the feeling that yours was lost in the 4SS.

Your either reading waaaay to much into this, or your taking "in character" waaaay to far.

Loosen up.

you mean to say you've never once thought of something funny to call one of the other houses?

I live in a world that has gotten to sensitive to everything. Jokes have practically become illegal.

I will, however, be DAMNED if i'm going to "let it be" and give up on making sport with people of something as inconsequential as their choice of video-game faction allegiance.

You Sir, are invited to take your commentary elsewhere if you do not wish to partake of the festivities.

#8 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Why would we need to come up with insults? The Federated Suns do it to themselves or give us fodder to work with :)

#9 Meldarth Sunphot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

*Writes down names and addes to the list* ready to loose have your Territory to us :)

#10 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostMeldarth Sunphot, on 04 June 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

*Writes down names and addes to the list* ready to loose have your Territory to us :)

Do you like Raven, Catapult and Cataphract?

Enjoy the last time you'll see them. It won't end up good for your crappy Commando, or too slow Atlas. :)

#11 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Beazle, please go look for some of my posts in this forum. I am making fun of the other houses where ever I go and I am one of the biggest defenders against the kind of jokes we talk about here if they are aimed at us capellans. It's all in the sense of some little roleplaying the house I chose to represent a long time ago. Don't take anything I say to serious unless I tell you to. For me this is all fun and joy and a big game. Please read over my second post again and put just a little bit of roleplay into it while doing so. I am not attacking your idea of making fun of the other houses, I am only attacking the idea to organize it.

This post was serious!

#12 Space Coyote

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Gentlemen, please we have enough to worry about with half our worlds gobbled up by the Fed Suns! Last thing we need is anger about whose "Steiner Stinks" jokes are better. When we are too afraid to taunt our adversaries we have already lost!

#13 hydrix

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMech cockpit

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

All those who proclaim themselves or prove themselves an enamy is fair game for jokes and mockery.

Those who face us in battle stink first, and rot* a day later.

(or Rust if we want to keep it more civil)

View PostSpace Coyote, on 04 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

"Steiner Stinks" jokes

#14 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostBeazle, on 04 June 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Don't call me friend. My friends have a sense of humor, and I'm starting to get the feeling that yours was lost in the 4SS.

Your either reading waaaay to much into this, or your taking "in character" waaaay to far.

Loosen up.

you mean to say you've never once thought of something funny to call one of the other houses?

I live in a world that has gotten to sensitive to everything. Jokes have practically become illegal.

I will, however, be DAMNED if i'm going to "let it be" and give up on making sport with people of something as inconsequential as their choice of video-game faction allegiance.

You Sir, are invited to take your commentary elsewhere if you do not wish to partake of the festivities.

You said in the first line of your post we need to put in "serious" work to make fun of our enemies. Why not just say, 'hey guys, how about a joke thread?' Poor choice of words at least.

#15 HustlerOne

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 06 June 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Why not just say, 'hey guys, how about a joke thread?'

No need, there's 4 pages of them over in the Davion Sub Forum. Zing!

#16 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostHustlerOne, on 07 June 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

No need, there's 4 pages of them over in the Davion Sub Forum. Zing!

Har Har!

How many Davions does it take to screw in a light bulb? 3 million and 1. 3 million to start a war of imperial aggression against an peaceful nation, and 1 to flip through the Tikonov Yellow Pages for a decent electrician.

Seriously though, i give that it might have been a bad choice of wording (yes i said "serious", but i also said "fun" in the same sentence. It's like working hard at partying.), but this forum has gotten pretty stuffy.

I understand the concept of RPing, but there needs to be more to it than just going on and on about the 4SSW. Lets get some lively discussions going about something else for a change. If you don't like my idea of poking fun at other houses, then fire up something good, and i'll happily join in.

FYI, i don't take ANYTHING short of real life gunfire TOO seriously, and even that doesn't make me angry. If my wording gave the impression otherwise, then i apologize for that. (the soul bit was more along the lines of an artistic one than a spiritual one)

I spent a lot of years around people with REALLY thick skin, and since then i've been told that i can be a bit "abrasive" without meaning too.

Of course, all the people who said that were pinko, nancy-boy dolphin humpers, but they are people too. (i guess. )

#17 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

When the states of Wu and Yue were at war with each other, Wu sent out three thousand criminals to give an appearance of disorder so as to lure Yue. Some of the criminals ran, some of them gave up; the Yue army fought with them, only to be defeated by the army of Wu.

#18 Mr Peabody

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostBeazle, on 04 June 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Don't call me friend.

I'm not your friend, budday!

#19 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:11 AM