Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries Is Back

22 replies to this topic

#21 The Bountyhunter

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Those were the days...simple league amtches with friends fighting for planetary wins...this MWO game is just lens flare

#22 DeadEye J

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

I just found this and am downloading it as I type. Looks promising enough and one of the comments states this is the MP3.01 version, so should be the community version with all the added mechs.

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 29 June 2014 - 11:35 AM.
Please do not post such sites to the MWO forums, that site does not hold a license for the distribution of the title, they simply assume... and are wrong in doing so.

#23 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

MW2 might have worse graphics, but it had a much better storyline. I'm especially fond of MW2 Mercs, and think that was the best interpretation of what being a Mechwarrior pilot would *really* be like, including having to pay for weapon changes, armor patches, and weapon reloads, and having to buy a new engine before being able to do an engine upgrade (or downgrade).

I have digital copies of the entire MW series (2-3-4 and all their expansions, including everything from Mektek). Shame I'm not allowed to share. I only just moved away from my Win XP laptop a couple months ago, and am still trying to get everything up to speed on my new Alienware with Win 8.1. (I'm seriously considering a "downgrade" to Win 7 Pro, but unfortunately, the computer's 64 bit, so I'm still going to have to figure out the 64 bit issues).

I've found the threads on getting Mechcommander going, though MC2 is still giving me trouble, and I've found the tricks for MW2, though I haven't tried it, yet. (Ironically, MW3 worked first time without any compatibility issues at all, and I almost think it runs better now, than it did on XP). I'm still hunting for tips and tricks on how to get MW4 installed and running (Vengeance and Black Knight, as well, not just Mercs), so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks all! Happy hunting. (And so far, the best option I've found for keeping old games alive is not getting rid of your XP computer when you get a new one).

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users