Take The Ams Slot And Make It A Multiport For Ams/narc/tag

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Take the existing AMS port and make it a multi port where a user can put a single TAG or NARC or AMS slot in it.

A lot of mechs in this game have an extremely limited hard point selection for weapons in comparison to a lot of chasis. Taking a laser spot for TAG or a missile slot for NARC greatly encourages people NOT to use TAG or NARC in the game.

#2 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostRhent, on 19 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Take the existing AMS port and make it a multi port where a user can put a single TAG or NARC or AMS slot in it.

A lot of mechs in this game have an extremely limited hard point selection for weapons in comparison to a lot of chasis. Taking a laser spot for TAG or a missile slot for NARC greatly encourages people NOT to use TAG or NARC in the game.

How does it encourage people to not use them? You must be talking about single players entering matches solo.

Teams use Tag all the time.

Taking the ams slot and opening it up means I can keep max Damage on my (insert mech type here) and a TAG.

People will have issues with that, as they rightly should. If you want to see people use targeting assists, then I suggest join a clan and watch how easily people adjust builds for the better of the drop group.

EDIT

Keep in mind that by using a TAG you're choosing to sacrifice Damage. Opening the AMS slot up increases the possible damage output of a lot of mechs.

Edited by Krellek, 19 November 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#3 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostRhent, on 19 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

How about we leave Omni weapon slots for when Omni-Mechs are introduced, and stick with the current unflawed plan.

As always, those willing to think in team terms will still mount AMS, NARC will still be ignored for its uselessness (not because of the slots it takes), and the DPS/KDR-mongers will still build solely for their own gain.

As for the "extremely limited hard points," guess what- that's to force the kind of decision you're trying to take away with the "Omni AMS Slot."

Yeah, I think we're fine as things are.

#4 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

i feel strongly encouraged ot fit a TAG into my Jenner, when playing with my friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users