ISN News Flash

14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Mon. April 30, 3049: The first aerospace fighter mass-produced with lostech, other companies are now looking to Wakazashi Enterprises' SL-15R (again).

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Kuritan support bomber in the game? <_<

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

And I have to write up the info for this (again). :V

Posted Image

The Slayer is a heavy fighter used by the Draconis Combine which was designed before the fall of the Star League. The Slayer is noted for its impressive endurance and its heavy armor. As a multi-role fighter, the Slayer has the firepower to take on both other fighters and 'Mechs--many pilots make the fatal mistake of associating its compact design with one of a lighter craft. The Slayer also boasts a double capacity fuel tank, allowing it to loiter over the battlefield for extended periods of time.

The Slayer carries enough weaponry to give any other fighter or 'Mech a bad day. With a Zeus 56 Mark IV Autocannon/10 and a Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Laser in the nose, backed up by four more Medium Lasers in the wings, the Slayer can lay down enough fire in one pass to destroy smaller craft. A single Medium Laser faces to the rear to discourage pursuit.

Following an embarrassing series of missteps in the design of three earlier variants to the Slayer from Wakazashi Enterprises, this variant introduced in 3044 simply replaces the older Zeus 56 for a more advanced Imperator Code Red LB 10-X AC and an extra ton of ammunition, a minor change that allowed it to be quickly applied to the production line and as a simple field refit for existing fighters.

#4 Fomorian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 267 posts
  • LocationAshburn Virginia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

So is the ground work being laid for player piloted aerospace fighters and maybe tanks? Or at least part of a mech commanders support package? Answered my own question with the faq sheet. Would like to see the combined arms in the future though <_< just saying.

Edited by Fomorian, 30 April 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostFomorian, on 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

So is the ground work being laid for player piloted aerospace fighters and maybe tanks? Or at least part of a mech commanders support package?

They said mech v. mech only, so maybe just the planes we will see coming in when Kuritan commander calls a bombardment. <_<

#6 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Prolly just as a support package Fomorian. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that people will only use 'mechs in this game and others will be AI/Support.

#7 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

so this was the lostech upgrade?

"SL-15R - Unwilling to mess with the popular design at the A/B/C debacle, this variant introduced in 3044 simply replaces the older Zeus 56 for a more advanced Imperator Code Red LB 10-X AC and an extra ton of ammunition, a minor change that allowed it to be quickly applied to the production line and as a simple field refit for existing fighters."

that doesnt seem very lostech at all to me, thats more IS tech

Edited by Geist Null, 30 April 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#8 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 30 April 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

so this was the lostech upgrade?

"SL-15R - Unwilling to mess with the popular design at the A/B/C debacle, this variant introduced in 3044 simply replaces the older Zeus 56 for a more advanced Imperator Code Red LB 10-X AC and an extra ton of ammunition, a minor change that allowed it to be quickly applied to the production line and as a simple field refit for existing fighters."

that doesnt seem very lostech at all to me, thats more IS tech

It's a LosTech upgrade because of the LB-X series autocannon being added, which was LosTech until the Helm memory core was discovered.

#9 Pvt Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

There are three tiers of Tech in the game, basic (AC 10), lost (IS LBX-10), and clan (Clan Ultra AC 10). You can see a progression of size (tonnage), space (criticals), and power (range and damage) with most weapons, through all three.

Sometimes 'lost tech' is called other names, so that can be confusing, such as the tendency of authors calling Clan tech 'lost tech'. Same with the names for basic or standard tech, as I have heard it called IS Tech as well.

Pretty much I would blame fluff authors who wrote books based on the game with a lack of understanding and using creative license to make it sound mysterious and exotic.

Hope that clears it up.

Edited by Pvt Dancer, 30 April 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#10 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Looking forward to the introduction of Lostech in the game, would be a nice touch if when they make entries like this if they'd include a little pic of the item , just an idea

#11 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

thank you Ghost, i enjoy reading the info you dig up

#12 Tekurukito

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

:ph34r: Love this game I own all old games and extension packs.......When will i be able to play is the new quesion ^_^

And also plz plz plz have nova cat favorite old mech ;)

#13 Wyzak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHartford, Vermont

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

does anybody notice that this fighter plane has more armaments then many mechs - 6 medium lasers and a AC10? Of course at those speed you would need as much hitting power in each shot as you can fit, because it is much harder to aim. But what about the heat dissipation? Just a nit-picky observation I guess.

#14 LaorDeLove

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Where can I buy one?

#15 Max Ursa

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationmanchester UK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostTekurukito, on 30 April 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

:ph34r: Love this game I own all old games and extension packs.......When will i be able to play is the new quesion ^_^

And also plz plz plz have nova cat favorite old mech ;)

answer to first question: no one knows

answer to second question: no clan mechs on launch, only inner sphere as timeline is pre clan invasion

Edited by Max Ursa, 01 May 2012 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users