Auto-Logout?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Chacotay

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

This may seem like a simple and perhaps stupid problem, but my profile seems to log out every 5-10 minutes... enough so that between playing games, I often have to log back in. After 20 or 30 minutes of inactivity, it's almost certain that it's somehow logged me out.

I'm currently using Chrome, and I have no problem staying logged in on other websites, so I doubt it's a cookies or cache issue... could it be some kind of auto-timeout? If so, it seems set to a rather low value.

#2 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

this website has an auto log out after only about 10 minutes of 0 activity, its there to protect your account information.

#3 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Yep I have the same issue. It's really annoying having to login every time. There should be a checkbox for "remember me".

They should have an option to encrypt your session to your current IP so the session can't be hijacked.

Edited by EnigmaNL, 20 November 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#4 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

they had the remember me thing, BUT, they lost it when they transitioned into OPEN BETA and THESE forum settings

#5 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

they had the remember me thing, BUT, they lost it when they transitioned into OPEN BETA and THESE forum settings

I know that, I was there.

It still doesn't make sense, remember me options can be secure if implemented properly (many sites do it properly) so that's no excuse.

Either they are lazy and don't feel the need to put in a proper and secure remember function or they forgot about it.

#6 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I THINK I saw them say they are looking into fixing the remember me thing, but, not sure where I saw it

#7 Chacotay

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Cool, so they had it and changed it... I'm sure they'll fix it up later :unsure: Was at best a minor annoyance, although it would be nice if it stayed logged in.

Also, a bit off-topic, but notifications don't show replies to my threads? Unsure if they're meant to.

#8 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

IF you have it set under notifications in your profile, you should see notifications, but, then again, there are a ton of bugs with the website, and more with the game, be happy anything works lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users