Hello

6 replies to this topic

#1 ggrimm

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Umm, so i am a newb/noob, whatever, played only mechwarrior4:mercenaries, dont know how many years ago that was(im full 22).

So after couple of days of playing MWO my stats are:

24 / 94
Kills / Death

51 wins/ 83 losses

average dmg inflicted is - ~200

Is that ok for a latency of 280? :/

#2 Grotoiler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Welcome!

I'm also a fairly new player (got in at the end of closed beta), and my stats are more or less the same:

26 / 76
Kills / Death

36 wins/ 68 losses
my latency is averaging at 370....

Are you running your own mech yet? or just trial?

Once again, welcome!

#3 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Heyhey ggrim,

actually as someone already did say it doesn't matter what K/D or dmg-ratio you have because you could support the team very well even if you never get a kill-shot.

So best you take a look at your average XP per match because MWO isn't only about destroying your opponents but also about supporting your team and so on. :unsure:

So if you have quiet a high average XP but a low K/D ratio it's all ok.

The only thing I can tell you is that you will do bette as soon as you get into a premade group which is communicating e.g. with TS or some other software. :ph34r:

cheers

#4 ggrimm

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Oh, atm im using hunchback 4J, i think i bought not really what i wanted as it is more of a support chassis i think. But anyway, gonna love hunchback, so versatile(at least from my understanding), already tried out so many setups, except ballistics ofc. Thx for fast reply, your latency is considerably higher than mine, i wish game had more/better servers and netcode. But still i think its bearable to an extent, when facing med/slow speed enemies. Jenners etc are very troublesome tho :|

#5 ggrimm

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thx Nash and yes this game is so team dependent, im not ********, i just sometimes wish mechs were easier to kill, focus fire is a neccesity, it would be ok to focus fire an Atlas etc, but its needed to kill basically any mech fast :/ just incase, i do know that to kill someone fast, ideally, you need to concentrate on 1,2 weak/weakened sectors of armor.

Avg. XP Per Match

#6 Anastasius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Welcome sir. As a solo player it will be more difficult to win/improve your stats.

If you want to get more involved with the game I would reccomend looking for a merc unit or house unit to team up with.

You will need to be able to use a voice coms program like Teamspeak3 or Ventrillo.

I solo play as well as work with friends and when I am running as a team we do alot better.

The 4J hunchback is a good choice for a first mech. You can customize it to be a long range support mech or a short range brawler by swapping out the lrms w/ srms.

#7 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostAnastasius, on 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Welcome sir. As a solo player it will be more difficult to win/improve your stats.

If you want to get more involved with the game I would reccomend looking for a merc unit or house unit to team up with.

You will need to be able to use a voice coms program like Teamspeak3 or Ventrillo.

I solo play as well as work with friends and when I am running as a team we do alot better.

The 4J hunchback is a good choice for a first mech. You can customize it to be a long range support mech or a short range brawler by swapping out the lrms w/ srms.

/signed.

You just need a mic, everything else is for free.
Many players hesitate to use voip because of <enter random excuse / reasoning here>, but once you did it and found a sympathique group you will never miss it again.

It is just more fun to play, especially in competetive multiplayer games.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users