7 replies to this topic

#1 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Yea, your 100 firepower is not pin point. Damage is gonna spread/ possibly miss all together if your not aiming great with those srm6's.
And for streaks, they spread even more. LRMS same deal.

So in summation, you are tickling mechs all over. You want nasty fire power instead of the support power u got there, go pinpoint - Lazers and clan guass best for that.

Edited by RazarG, 04 December 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#2 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

Mad Dog is a beast.

A word of caution on streaks - they take some considerable getting used to, esp. with the lock and LONG recycle time for clan Streak6s. If you're wanting to have more "push and damage happens" functionality, go with the SRMs ... you may find the cool down on streaks frustrating.

On your Streak Mad Dog - commit. Lose the arm lasers, add more ammo. You want 6 tons minimum, 7 if you can swing it. Heat sinks are good, as your alpha will run hot.

#3 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

my 4 SRM 6 stalker rakes up a lot of kills and it only goes 53 kph with it's longest range weapon being medium lasers.

I think the 6 SRM 6 mad dog will be a beast. I had a few times where those things just ran up to my atlas and nailed it.

Also to people saying 6 SRM 6's will tickle.... there is a max spread of hitting 3 components or 2. With 36 missiles doing 2 damage each. (total = 72)
At least 6 missiles will hit the same area doing 12 damage. This is practically the worst case situation without you missing entirely. It can be possibly to get more then that in an area and under 100 meters you can land nearly every missile on a large mech segment. 72 damage sure will make a direwolf think twice about engaging you up close. (unless it's one of those rare endangered brawler direwolfs)

#4 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Nice thing on the Mad Dog is that you really don't have to commit either way. The mech can pack an insane amount of firepower for a 60-ton chassis. My favorite build is 2xLRM15s (5 tons), 2xSRM6s (3 tons) and 4 ERMLs (16 DHS and full armor). Its essentially a clone of a build I run on my Stalker 3F - only a LOT faster (though obviously not quite as durable). Just focus on unloading the LRMs early in the game and staying right up with your main force near the front lines. Back guys into cover, try to split enemy lances/mechs, and generally spread the indirect fire love at will. Get those tubes emptied... Then follow along in with the push and start lighting up the chewed up mechs to finish stuff off. It works like a champ and it keeps you fresh for when it's time to start brawling.

Edited by Banky, 04 December 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#5 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

I tried a Streak boat Mad Dog out. It was a disaster. Go with a LRM boat Mad Dog, a SRM boat, and a laser or mixed boat for your 3rd variant. That seems to work best, at least for me.

#6 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:57 AM

I hold a firm belief that a grounded heavy is not something brawl-friendly. Doge's situation is exacerbated further by PGI's decision to make it fat, as opposed to its original anemic form. The result is a squishy fat Doge, that, even when fully armored, is better suited for fire support and overwatch than for CQC.

I personally prefer them flavored with lazors/wubs/lurmz for some nice behind-bullet-sponge duty. Sometimes you can throw in a clan ballistic and go spread some shakin', but that's when you should expect to feed your torsos to the PPD Cheesewhales. Such is a 60-tonner's karma. :o

#7 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

Oh, forgot to mention. Don't focus on lurmz big time, current battlefield wisdom is that in an average match you should expect to encounter more ECM Lelbringers than there are tubes on ye olde Splatcat. Shift your emphasis slightly to bigger lazors, and you'll have enough versatility to handle all sorts of Jesus Box tarpitting currently happening in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users