TRO 2750 Mechs

19 replies to this topic

#1 Stinger

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

I know that most people have been focusing on the TRO 3025 Mechs, but what happened to the TRO 2750 mechs? I know that by 3048, because of the Gray Death memory core, many of these designs, correct me if I am wrong, made it back into production. Either way, the Com Guards used these mechs for sure. Do you think that they will make it into MWO?

http://www.sarna.net...l_Readout:_2750

Edited by Stinger, 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#2 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Many of those also end up "downteched" in various ways and continue production/operation into the later era, too. While not as effective as the League-era machines, they're still pretty darn fightable.

The Flashman is produced by Steiner, for example. TRO 3039 shows off many of these, including and up to the King Crab and it's dual AC/20 lovins. And I'd be happy to see, oh....the Lancelot as well. It's like a quasi-Rifleman/

#3 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

A lot of those mechs are still around with SL era loadouts, but Comstar is hogging most of them.

#4 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

View Poststormwolf, on 03 November 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

A lot of those mechs are still around with SL era loadouts, but Comstar is hogging most of them.

Exactly right. This is why the 2750 mechs might not make it into the game: there are so few of them outside of ComStar. Now the 3025 mechs, like you mentioned, have been in production for centuries in the great houses. I hope that these are the mechs that mech it into the game first.

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostMarauder3D, on 03 November 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

Exactly right. This is why the 2750 mechs might not make it into the game: there are so few of them outside of ComStar. Now the 3025 mechs, like you mentioned, have been in production for centuries in the great houses. I hope that these are the mechs that mech it into the game first.

You do know that some 2750-era designs actually stay in regular production all the way through to 3049, where the game will be starting. Right? The Flashman I mentioned stops being produced in it's high-tech version in 2796, but the low-tech version built at Hesperus II keeps getting pumped out for centuries afterwards, never going extinct.

#6 Stinger

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Also, a lot of people forget that this is 3048, not 3025, not 3039. Most of the IS mechs mentioned are most likely the loadouts from TRO 3050. I mean, at least we are going to have some UAC5s and medium pulse lasers. Almost every IS mech in TRO 3050 has the Star League tech in them, so why not some of the star league mechs? Also, what about the various designs from TRO 3050 for IS mechs? No one on these forums mention them either....

#7 Bianca Flowers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

in 3049? they exist, but are RARE. We'll probly start with stock 3025 designs, with options to modify them into variants and updated models (like a LCT-1V to LCT-1S to LCT-3S)

#8 Sartris

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Some are more common that others. The Kuritans get a giant pile from ComStar during the War of 3039. The Guillotine and Hermes are in FWLM formations.

#9 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think that these would make excellent for-purchase designs. Probably wiser to keep them as the 3025 downgrades, though - Like TPTB said, this isn't pay-to-win.

But if there were somehow a way in the game to hunt for and stumble across "Starleague Caches" and even fight over them, that would be amazing. Finding Caches filled with old Royal variants of existing designs, or Star league vintage Thugs and Crabs would be spectacular. Heck, even if the cache just hid a bunch of old Ultra AC5s or Swarm LRM reloads, it would be awesome.

#10 DoubleD

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDixie, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I am all for seeing this designs, even in a low-tech incarnation. The Lancelot is one of my favorite designs, old or new.

And who could turn down a King Crab in any of it's variations?

#11 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

I could, I love the doube Gauss Rifle variant but the dual AC/20's are just too short ranged with only a LRM15 (IIRC) to hit anything beyond 270m.

#12 DamoclesGuard

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationStillwater, Oklahoma

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm assuming that we will probably start of with mostly 3025 era/ Level 1 tech, mechs. With a few Level 2 tech items like UAC/5's and such.
Though the IS was starting to return to SL tech lvls in 3049 thanks to the Grey Death Core Discovery among others. Most of this was very rare, the stuff that was available was fielded as upgrade kits for retrofitting old designs. We'd see UAC/5's, but UAC/2's, 10's, and 20's, still weren't developed till after the clan invasion came, and the IS was able to salvage clan models to base there research off of.

As for the King Crab, I much prefer the Gauss variant over the AC/20 variant as well, but not because of the range discrepancy's between it's AC/20 and LRM's, that I don't mind, what I can't stomach is it having only 5 measly shots for each cannon.

Edited by DamoclesGuard, 04 November 2011 - 01:16 AM.

#13 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

I just want my Highlander.

I'll even settle for the down-graded AC10 version... But Lordy-sakes I want a Gauss Rifle so bad..

Highlander HGN 732. 90 tons, standard movement for an assault, jump jets.

Gauss rifle
LRM 20
SRM 6
2x Medium Lasers.

If there's a way to get the royal variant.. I may just invest however much it takes to get that particular 'mech in my stable...

Highlander HGN 732b (Heatsinks switched to doubles, subtract a heatsink and one ton of SRM ammo to get the following)

Gauss Rifle
LRM 20 w/ Artemis IV (Assuming this upgrade is available)
SRM 6 w/ Artemis IV (Same as above)
3x Medium Lasers.

Ammo dependant, sure. But so versatile and able to put impressive damage-on-target at most any range, and posessing an impressive degree of mobility for a 'mech in it's weight class.

Not to mention it looks downright amazing.. (In my ever so biased opinion...)

All that said, I'd love to see some good old 2750 era 'mechs out there, as I prefer the older designs. Nothing against the newer stuff like the Wolfhound (Such a solid, solid design), just personal preference I suppose.

My thoughts on that end. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#14 DamoclesGuard

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationStillwater, Oklahoma

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

There's this guy I work with that's a old time tabletop BT fan that piloted a Royal variant Highlander in the last game he played in. I normally can't get a word in, when he starts talking about that mech.

I've been trying to get him into the game I'm running now, but he always says he's too busy...

#15 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

I tend to do that to at times.. something about that 'mech just speaks to me.

But I do tend to prefer ballistic weaponry over any other, so that's a feather in the Highlander's cap out the gate.

I think anyone who has a favorite 'mech can and will do that given the opportunity. Just some Highlander pilots are more vocal about it :D

C'est la vie. So long as I get a chance to pilot one, I'll be alright. :)

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#16 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

I want my sentinel...and my flashman....and THUG!
is the THG-10E GONNA HAVE TO MUG A BANSHEE!?

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

I have a soft spot for the Black Knight and would joyfully pilot even a 3025 tech one!

#18 Red Pins

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

...2750/Star League tech is unlikely at first - I imagine the devs will start unveiling it after the Clans make an appearance.

If you're interested in checking whats available in the timeline, I suggest Sarna battletechwiki; search for "tro 2750", click the individual mechs and read the entries.

#19 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

View PostRed Pins, on 15 November 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

...2750/Star League tech is unlikely at first - I imagine the devs will start unveiling it after the Clans make an appearance.

If you're interested in checking whats available in the timeline, I suggest Sarna battletechwiki; search for "tro 2750", click the individual mechs and read the entries.

Might not even have to wait that long-- my guess is that level 2 tech will be available for unlocking and use at release.

#20 Rogal Dorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTennessee USA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

If my Warhammer won't make it in game then I'll gladly look for a Thug or Black Knight, even downgraded versions. After playing MW4:Mercs lately I've been enjoying the Thug especially.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users