Opinion on Melee Weapons

26 replies to this topic

#21 Sychodemus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 07 May 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Why to create a complete new mech at all? I think the 5K Grand Dragon should be a good start

It's because of his campaign's premise:

A young, inexperienced mech pilot has a prototype design that enemy agents want to capture. Cue on-the-run story arc. It's a pretty standard anime story but if done right can be fun.

To the OP:
2 PPC + 3 ML and a run (20+9+2 =31) - 24 = 9 heat
followed by:
1 PPC + 4 ML and a run (10+12+2 =24) - 24 = 0 heat
1 PPC + 3 ML and a 5MP jump = (10+9+5 =24) - 24 = 0 heat

The design as written is pretty optimal for TSM (Hatchet.)

Good luck in your game and have fun.

#22 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

It's a kind of romantic to create a new mech for your girlfriend...i did the same resulting in a Ferro Lammelor madness...able to run 10 thanks to MASC or jump about 210 - actual i'm still at modeling it...(for 2 years)

But the descision was: i gave her all tro and she pointed at a design that she liked from the look -> the Phoenix Hawk -> it last some game but last time we played she was really good in hit & run

The szenario isn't that bad...it is actual in the novels...playing Brewster Defiance on Hesperus

#23 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the support guys. Thanks for seeing what the mech could do as well. I was looking forwards to seeing other options too and would welcome any other builds as building completely custom mechs is entertainment for me, a fun thought exercise :)

The main reason I am going with this campaign is because it's just she and I, nobody else to play BattleTech/Mechwarrior with in the area so I had to come up with a good story that works well for one mech leaving me able to pilot the npc mech's without having to worry about support npc mech's for her.

When she played BattleTech before (On a MUSH) they always stuck her in an Atlas because she was playing via satellite and real time controls as were used on the game had her walking lighter mechs off cliffs on accident, so she's enjoying playing something faster.

#24 Judah Enderton

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hey, Chris, I like the concept of the story and the mech, but if I make make a suggestion, I'd drop one of the mediums and a ton and a half of armor (or heat sinks) and swap them out for a small laser and a medium pulse. I think your design accounts for its own heat very well, but if your girl starts getting hit with flamers, Infernos, and such, the multiples of five and three on weapon heat might make it hard to reach and maintain required heat levels. Having weapons that can generate 4,3, and 2 heat (especially if you can squeeze in 2 or more of the smaller ones) makes it hard for your enemy to shut her down since she'll have some heat flexibility. I once mad a Hatchetman with TSM that had an ER PPC, one ER Medium, one Standard medium, one Medium pulse and three ER Smalls, and it was pretty easy to manage heat at all levels, regardless of what I or my opponents were doing. Then again, your design allows her to fire 2 PPCs every turn if needed, so the numbers are a bit different, but a few tweaks might make it more flexible.

Edited by Judah Enderton, 01 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#25 Orsus Z

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColumbia, Missouri

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

5 ERML + 4 ERSL + 6 jump jets + 13 DHS + TSM + Hatchet = perfection

(oh, wait, that's the formula for the Ti Ts'ang-9H. It's still accurate, though.)

#26 anubisodoom

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

but remember the incredbile sense of satisfaction when rolling the perfect double crit to the cockpit with the hatchet she does this once she is yours forever. good luck

#27 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

So how did the campaign go, Chris? After seeing this thread brought back from the grave, I'm interested to hear how it turned out. Maybe a general overview in the fiction section? ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users