Breakdown of ranking and such

7 replies to this topic

#1 Rycros

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Maybe someone can help me with something ive been slightly confused with/pondering about

Is the game itself going to take care of units within each faction? or is that something we have to do on our own? or will we even have to, seeing that ranks are being awarded, although theyre a vanity item from what im understanding.

also, if its all seperate units within FRR, then i feel like theres going to be a bit of cohesion loss, but at the same time, this game is going to be a lot bigger no doubt, than what im imagining, and the random pubbies that come in all the time are going to throw things off (at least in my mind)

so.. in short, i guess im not sure what im asking, does anyone know how this is going to play out? or have anything to offer to help me understand? ;)

#2 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

MWO will have Faction Units which are not player controlled. You join a faction and each battle you fight for that faction gains you Loyalty Points. As you gain Loyalty Points, you gain "Rank" as well as unlock different Faction Units that you can enter (some are more "prestigious" than others). So, essentially, your "Rank" and your Faction Unit are all fluff. As far as we know, they give you little more than a title in front of your name and different skins for your mechs.

If you want "Rank" to mean anything, you need to join a Mercenary Unit, as those are the only things that will be player-run and they can make "Rank" mean whatever they'd like it to.

#3 Blue Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 322 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Actually Dihm I seem to remember reading some place in a dev post that the higher ranked players in a faction (like the FRR) will be able to vote on the factions course of action ie: what planet to attack next. So in this way rank has some meaning.

@ Rycros from what I read factions (FRR) players wont be split up into units you might get badges or whatever as an aesthetic but you will fight alongside all and any FRR player.

#4 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

It was never explained what was meant by very high level faction players being able to have SOME influence. There was never any mention on voting on the course of action. We're in the dark as far as what their plans are, but they've made it crystal clear that players will not run canon units or the Factions themselves.

#5 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostDihm, on 29 May 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

It was never explained what was meant by very high level faction players being able to have SOME influence. There was never any mention on voting on the course of action. We're in the dark as far as what their plans are, but they've made it crystal clear that players will not run canon units or the Factions themselves.

This is spot on what they said.

#6 Rycros

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

hrmm. so if i want a chain of command, within FRR id have to create a merc unit inside it? or would it have to be completely seperate from the game?

i guess an easy analogy would be.. take WoW for example. say FRR is the horde, and the battlegrounds is pretty much all our mech matches. would i be limited to just being in the horde with everyone else, or would i be able to create a guild within the horde, for specialized (more or less) rank structure and chain of command?

sorry if that sounds confusing, its early :D

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

You can make a mercenary company and then exclusively take FRR contracts, that way you get to create a stable chain of command inside your merc unit.

#8 Rycros

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

hmm. alright B) i guess thats the game plan then :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users