#21 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostJoat, on 21 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

wall-o-text

A burger isn't a piece of software, but alright, let's try going along with this metaphor.

I'm sorry if that's been your experience. My experience has been similar to to sitting down at a gourmet restaurant, order a burger, and getting the privilege to actively participate in its creation. So, not only do I get to converse with my fellow patrons, but I get to nibble complementary corn chips that turn into complementary fries, enjoy a nice glace of ice wat-oh look, my water got upgraded to a coke, how delightful-and comment on and offer suggestions about my burger as the chef sends out complementary samples for me to try and comment on.

Sure, a sample gets sent out too early sometimes, or I might get someone else's sample every once in a while, but on the whole, I know that the chef is doing his best, is well qualified for the job he is doing, and making a thousand other burgers at once, not to mention the salads, fries, corn chips, and kitchen maintenance that he has to either do himself or at least oversee.

#22 SouthernRex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostJoat, on 21 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

really you spent that much money on small chunk of metal....haha I got a bridge for sale.... :)
my video is not the issue.I got more card than I need to run this game.....

No, your video card is bad.

#23 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostJoat, on 21 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

I dont know what to say here.....after playing about 20 matches betweekn last night after work and this morning + reading a few threads here on the forums

the good. - we got a new mech.It has a GIANT head and should be easy to kill...we will see.I have not faced to many of them yet.The new mechs do seem to have a few fun builds im looking forward to trying out
Dont realy notice much good other than that....

the bad - whatever PGI did seemed to start causing even more people lag.I personaly feel all your pains here as I been here for some time now and I went from being to barly play,to finding an awsome custom config file and rocking this game hard for a week....then a patch and they shut down the user config files....understandable it was a closed beta....I broke down and spent 120$ on a new video card and smooth as butter again.Now all kinds od chop again???My CPU is not crap and meets min specs but I can use a new oneThis is not confirmed info but from what I know they have it set so the CPU is doing more work than the GPU.if this is the case....why?

my biggest grip of all ....the matchmaker and PGI allowing people to exploit a bad game machanic..IE teams pug popping....but joat you can join a team and pad your stats by picking on groups of 5-8 players that dont care if they win or lose or even try to work together....If pugs faced pugs bolth teams would be filled with people who dont care if they win or lose or dont try to work together and it would be more of a brawl and fun....I dont care if people want to team up and play with there friends but they should only face ofther teams of people teamed up. Hey PGI here is a tip.....if the new players cant EVER get anything done cause they spend most of there time faceing teams of people working together so the team they are on get walked over.....over and over again...they will say screw this game there is no point and move on....yes core players will keep paying your $$$ car payments for you but you lose out on so much more money in the long run....just saying

net code - other players input on this would be helpfull....as for me I have mixed feelings.It dos seem to me there are times I truly KNOW I should of scraped the mech I was facing but I ended up dead instead.I do know how to add.....and I am going by an old weapons chart.....that being said even by the old chart and the amount of times I hit a mech in one match I should have rubbeled him 3 times.....Ill even say 2 and the 3rd was a maby....yet I get killed.Yes I know about hitboxes and left right center arm leg.....etc.etc... just asume for a second I know how to play the game and coment from there.......

Light mechs being the end all be all - oka PGI has made it a LITTLE harder to be a light mech pilot but in NO world should a 100 ton mech fear the 25 ton.......it is that simple.bigger may not always be better but really....18wheeler vs VW bug size and mass people...thats right they turned off knock downs cause it was not working right....ya so the matchmaker is not working right...turn off teaming up till thats working right.....???

oh ya where is our button for our premium accounts.....us founders are having our premium time tick away while we should still be in closed beta (IMO) while the BETA tag is attached to this game...alpha,beta,closed,or open our PAID time should not be taken from us.I truly hope the button is comming and/or getting reset at live launch/open beta tag being removed

I know alot of my posts seem to point out the bad.....
I really want this game to be a good game and to be frank.....I paid for my right to B&M
Mods I was nice this time...level headed...I did not write this one angry so easy with the thread lock HAHA
im not going to bash anything you said as its normally not my style but i do want to add that PGI did at one point (and they may have removed it since) but at one point all weapons degraded throughout a match as they took damage. Meaning that if im hitting a mech with my 4 medium lasers at 5 damage each but i take damage to those medium lasers or the sections they are in, those lasers start to do less damage as they themselves are not at 100%. By the time you get to that mech that you feel you are pounding on and should have killed 3 times over... your weapons themselves may have taken enough damage to where now your 4 medium lasers are doing 2 at 3 damage each and 2 at 2 damage each. The Devs said that weapons would do this to represent them needing to be fixed or up kept. Now again, i dont know if they have fully integrated this mechanic yet but that was the plan and could be why at times it feels like we are laying into someone and he's just not dying.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 25 November 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#24 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Everything you brought up has been brought up before. Many, many, many, many, many, many, many, manymore manys, many times. PGI has even been gracious enough to delete many of those posts. While my gaming system is getting some warrenty work done I am am taking a WOW vacation from BETA, hopefully when I get back to playing MWO PGI will finally have fixed some of those issues. I'm not counting on it though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users