4 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Two Issues:

1) have 4 mechs, 1 assault, 2 heavies & 1 medium. I keep playing them to see which is my favorite & devote some skill enhancement time with it. But I like them all equally. Can't decide...lol (ya know, like high school dating). Anyone else can't pick a fave?

2) why are some mechs listed higher on stat list with get more XP if I did more damage, have more kills and assists? ;)

Edited by Chillbill, 21 November 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

1) Hmm...ever thought about cloning yourself?

2) I guess thats face-related. Or something.

#3 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

jeez,, it's t.h.e.r.a.p.i.st and they blocked r.a.p.i.s etc

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostChillbill, on 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

2) why are some mechs listed higher on stat list with get more XP if I did more damage, have more kills and assists? ;)

Because damage/kills/assists aren't all that gain you exp. Spotting bonuses, capture and component destruction are exp as well, and assists get you exp based on how much damage you dealt before the 'Mech went down. If I blow most of the parts off a target and you just get the kill shot, I still get a huge chunk of assist exp. If I barely nicked it, I may only get exp in the single digits for an assist.

#5 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostChillbill, on 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

jeez,, it's t.h.e.r.a.p.i.st and they blocked r.a.p.i.s etc

Arrested Development joke incoming...

Anyway, I would decide based on what role you like to fill, and which mech will work best for that role. For example, if you like being a slow brawler best, the assault (presumably an atlas) will probably be your go-to. However, if you like having more speed and brawling, a heavy or medium chassis would be a better choice. It's hard to tell without knowing which mechs you have.

However, if you don't like acting as any particular role (and some would argue this is not necessary in the first place) I would just continue playing as each mech, because why limit yourself if you enjoy many different chassis and weight classes?

Another possible way to narrow down your decision would be to look at the other variants of each mech to see which ones you think you could run effectively. This isn't as important as you can also just transfer XP from your 1 or 2 favorite variants, but if you want to avoid using MC, that could be a deciding factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users