[Build] "heavy Machinegun" Atlas

1 reply to this topic

#1 Beardsmite

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Have you ever wished that you could just hold down the button? Then this is a build you might enjoy!

Atlas AS7-D or AS7-D-DC
  • Right Torso: 2x UAC5
  • Left Arm: AMS
  • Fill the remaining weight with UAC5 ammo - you will end up with 500-600 rounds! (add CASE as appropriate, and some AMS ammo as well)
  • You do not need any heatsinks beyond engine sinks (DHS is ideal but single sinks will probably suffice)
Tactics:
This is not a well balanced build, but it is a fun build that can contribute to the team when played appropriately.
  • You have a huge amount of ammo - don't be afraid to send a stream of shots downrange even if you have only a slim chance of hitting. You are a machine gunner in the traditional sense. "Spray and pray!" ;)
  • You are not a frontline fighter with this setup! Medium to short range fights will be very dangerous for you since all of your firepower is in one easily targeted spot. Avoid brawling since more balanced configurations will generally take advantage of this and win. Laser heavy mechs are the exception to this - your constant barrage of fire should hopefully shake them around enough that they cannot focus their lasers on you well.
  • Your rain of doom comes out of your right torso. Keep this in mind when moving and engaging - it means that if you engage from this side you can fire sooner, and potentially fire around or above close obstacles.
  • Hold down the button when firing the UAC5s to double-fire - they will jam but this can mostly be ignored now that they automatically unjam in a few seconds
  • Protect your precious right torso - twist and eat missile barrages on your other side if possible.
Any feedback or tips on improvements are welcome.

Edited by Beardsmite, 21 November 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#2 parman01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Totally like! Dual UAC-5 setup is beast.

I run something similar in my AS7-D. I just added quad ML and two SSRMs for more balance at cost of far less UAC ammo (175 rounds....not sure how many tons it is).

Pros:
-It is great assault mechs counter. In 1v1 it crushes almost every assault and some of the slower heavies. (i've been also on the other side of barrel of this build - it IS painful)

Cons:
-With all lag and random fire delay UAC-5's are really hard to aim - shooting fast brawling mediums takes great skill and surely a portion of luck.

-You have to face the enemy all the time exposing your torso and - the worst - your gun!

ProTip:
- Set each UAC to different weapon group and press the other one half a second later then first one. This makes UAC's to kind of "chainfire" producing more constant stream of rounds (not sure how it is now but pre-patch standard chainfire didn't double-fired the weapons).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users