ISN News Flash

7 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Thu. May 3, 3049: Celebration planning underway for the Ninth of May to honor the rise of Emma Centrella to the Magestrix nine years ago.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Periphery state. For sure. :D

Also, probably one close to the Confederation. :ph34r:

#3 theshield2004

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

I will mark my calander for may ninth! Maybe it's a message in disguise...

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

You may be interested in our previous coverage of the Magistracy.

Posted Image

Emma Centrella is the current Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus following the coup she led to depose her mother on May 8th, 3040. After assuming the throne, she directed her efforts towards reviving the Canopian economy. First starting to expand their existing traditional trades, she relaxed restrictions on many industries ranging from gambling and pleasure circuses to medical science, which had the effect of making the Magistracy second to none in the Inner Sphere in several fields. By 3048 the economy had not only recovered from its recession but had a banner year for profits.

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

not a bad bunch to work fo,r if that was an option

#6 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well, the Magestracy is gender biased against males, with it being very dificult to hold senior positions if you're a man (Except perhaps in the PBIs)., the senoir executive position (the Magestrix) can only be held by a female (it's in the constitution.)

People always go "heh heh, PLEASURE CIRCUSES! OMG, nekked wimmens!!!"

It's a bit more complex than that...I think it's odd that in a nation biased towards feminine rights and leadership, one of the biggest sources of of income they have is on their backs, in the aforementioned pleasure circuses. I'm a dude, but I think this is a bit wrong, a bit..."really?!!"

I'll blaim the '80s, and some TT gamemakers maybe having some relationship issues, along with a stack of crumbling Hustler magazines under the bed in their mom's basement.

Edited by verybad, 03 May 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#7 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postverybad, on 03 May 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Well, the Magestracy is gender biased against males, with it being very dificult to hold senior positions if you're a man (Except perhaps in the PBIs)., the senoir executive position (the Magestrix) can only be held by a female (it's in the constitution.)

People always go "heh heh, PLEASURE CIRCUSES! OMG, nekked wimmens!!!"

It's a bit more complex than that...I think it's odd that in a nation biased towards feminine rights and leadership, one of the biggest sources of of income they have is on their backs, in the aforementioned pleasure circuses. I'm a dude, but I think this is a bit wrong, a bit..."really?!!"

I'll blaim the '80s, and some TT gamemakers maybe having some relationship issues, along with a stack of crumbling Hustler magazines under the bed in their mom's basement.

Uh... remember television from the early 80's? Love Boat and Fantasy Island were still around trolling basic sensibilities. I prefer to blame them whenever I get the chance...now back to the "Dukes of Hazzard" (yeeeeeehaaaaawww!) followed by the "A-Team".

#8 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

I did include the 80s in my post...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users