Lb10-X

31 replies to this topic

#1 MacAddict4Life

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Is anybody using it? What's it good for? Should I be using something else instead?

#2 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

If you want to take the enemy down fast, you have to aim for its weak spots, for example the cockpit or the side torso.
With an AC/10 you can deal 10 points of damage to one section from 540 meters away.
LB 10-X fires 10 pellets - each does 1 damage. It`s almost impossible to put all that damage into one section, unless you press the muzzle against the enemy.

Edited by Kmieciu, 22 November 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#3 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

On my Centurion (aka ScoutHunter) the LBX/10 does wonders. ;)

#4 ragbasti

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

yeah, the LX-B is an absolute charm.
Most people who state that it is uunderpowered simply don't get the idea of what it's for:

The LB-X is a close range, shotgun-type weapon that spreads the damage out over a wholemech instead of concentrating it, basically peeling the armor off like on an orange. Also, when the enemy is critical and you hit that area, each pellet has a chance to crit, so there is a potential of doing more than 10 damage.
Also it's great to get rid of scouts as it is quite easy to hit their legs with it and still get some damage into the torso for finishing off when the leg is gone.

I played a Centurion A with an LB-X 10 + 3 Streak SRMs prior to artemis as my scout hunter and it was amazing (and still is!).
However now, I have switched to only using SRM6+Artemis (3 in my Cent-A @ 90 KPH and 2 in my Cent-D @ 111 KPH) in my scout hunters because I it feels like scouts drop alot faster due to the astonishing SRM6 damage, also you can peel an Atlas back armor in like 2-3 shots ;)

#5 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

An LB-X10 is an SRM6 that takes 4 spaces more, is 7 tons heavier and does 5 damage less!
In other words it is complete junk.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 22 November 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#6 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 22 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

An LB-X10 is an SRM6 that takes 4 spaces more, is 7 tons heavier and does 5 damage less!

So... you never met an Atlas-DDC using 2 LBX10 and 3 SRM6+Artemis? I really wouldn't call that "Complete Junk", but an evil close combat build. Shotgun Supreme ;)

#7 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostGreers, on 22 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

So... you never met an Atlas-DDC using 2 LBX10 and 3 SRM6+Artemis? I really wouldn't call that "Complete Junk", but an evil close combat build. Shotgun Supreme ;)

The Chunker Atlas is serious fun.

#8 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostGreers, on 22 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Yes, I used that build many times, but found switching those 2LBX10 out for combinations of UAC5, Gauss and/or Med lasers makes it much more effective. While you are just scratching the paint of the target with the shotgun effect and hoping for lucky random hit locations, the enemy is directly penetrating your core much faster with direct fire Gauss, lasers, etc.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 22 November 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#9 PL Harpoon

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

The LBX-10 is a completely different type of shotgun than SRM-6. SRM fires only 6 projectiles that don't follow straight path and can easily miss their target. LBX-10 fires 10 rounds, which means that you can easily hit a running jenner with lagshield, they follow a straight path and travel at much faster rate.

#10 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostMacAddict4Life, on 21 November 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Is anybody using it? What's it good for? Should I be using something else instead?

like war, it is good for absolutely nothing

#11 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostPL Harpoon, on 22 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

The LBX-10 is a completely different type of shotgun than SRM-6. SRM fires only 6 projectiles that don't follow straight path and can easily miss their target. LBX-10 fires 10 rounds, which means that you can easily hit a running jenner with lagshield, they follow a straight path and travel at much faster rate.

That may be an advantage, but is it really worth 5 damage less, 8 tons and 4 spaces more!
1 single LBX10 weighs more than 3 SRM6s!

#12 Aesaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 22 November 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

like war, it is good for absolutely nothing

Not a single part of this post is true.

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 22 November 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

That may be an advantage, but is it really worth 5 damage less, 8 tons and 4 spaces more!
1 single LBX10 weighs more than 3 SRM6s!
Also produces significantly less heat than 3 SRM6s.

Edited by Aesaar, 22 November 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#13 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

In my founders Atlas, I've had the most success pairing two LbX10's with 2x srm 4's and waiting until I'm in sub 270 range to unleash both. Typically, my fights end up very short range so there is just no escaping all that fire power. As stated it is a shot gun. A shot gun blast is very devastating when very close as there is limited spread.

I've also taken out many light mechs harassing me. Taking all those pellets close range breaks things for them.

Edited by Widow Maker, 22 November 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#14 Fiest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 22 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Other than having half the heat per shot, less cooldown between each shot, less spread per shot, nearly twice the range (excluding falloff), and can't be intercepted by ams.
Less meaningful stats follow meaning it does more dps while producing less heat when fired constantly (which you would need to counter by adding more heat sinks - which add to the effective critspace/weight of the srms)

Add to the potential of slug ammo for actual long range shooting and I think the lbx10 has a good niche.

#15 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostPL Harpoon, on 22 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

It`s true! You can easily hit that Jenner with about half those pellets, so it`s about 5 point of damage spread across whole mech.
While the Jenner does 20 pinpoint damage to your center torso using 4 medium lasers...

#16 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

still, the spread is too wide open, I'd love to use this gun, but it costs a lot, weights only 1 ton less than the AC10 that I find superior, you can use it better at medium and as well as brawling.

Atm it may help to chase down elusive and lagshielded targets, but as soon as netcode will be fixed (are we ever going to see it fixed btw?) and ramming reintroduced, the LBX will only be useful to CQB, where I've found multiple SRM (mostly vanilla SRM4 or Artemised SRM6) to be the "real" shotgun.

#17 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostAesaar, on 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Not a single part of this post is true.

Also produces significantly less heat than 3 SRM6s.

jackie chan and chris tucker disagree

#18 monty slick

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

It's personal preference. Personally, 2x LB-10X + 2x MedP, fired together in 3sec cycle makes my dance partners crumple.

#19 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

its a very good sidearm and i love to use it additionally to my other mainweapons... the spread damage helps softening the enemy mech, you have a good chance to strafe-shoot a bypassing light mech, and on very close range it can hurt an assault pretty well (atlas arm+sidetorso f.e.) ...i for my part won´t wanna miss it as a nice addition to my lasers/ ac´s w.e.

#20 Urza Mechwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Santa Catarina

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

In table top LBX gives a bonus to hit that increases MASSIVELy its usefulness. Here it lack that huge bonus. IT is ton by ton inferior to AC/10 as of now.

My prefered idea to achieve the desired effect would be. MASSIVELY increase its spread to liek ti was in Beta and maek each pellet do 2 points of damage. IT becoems great against light runners but still not very efficient against an atlas.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users