Clan Wolf Zeta Galaxy "the Black Wolves" [Recruiting 18+]

383 replies to this topic

#1 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image

Greetings, and thank you for your interest in the Black Wolves!

First off, I stress that this is a NON-CANON unit, the Black Wolves are a legacy built and entirely owned by us. No one else can lay claim to what we are, and we have the freedom to make the unit what we want it to be!

Summary:
This unit has been around since the beginning of Mechwarrior Online. Damn, what a ride. We started out as the Black Wolves Mercenary Company, a cover for what we really are: the black ops secret Zeta Galaxy of Clan Wolf. Some may know us from our competition team which placed in the finals of the first Run Hot or Die Tournament. As the Clan Invasion has finally come to MWO, we can now openly identify as Zeta Galaxy, although the B.W.M.C. roots are not to be forgotten, and has been taken up as our identity in all other games.

We have a core of pilots who are very skilled and have a thorough understanding of the game and the Battletech universe. We are tightly-knit and despite being competitive we still have fun with the game. We run both private and public matches, and while we always aim to win we are NOT so hardcore that pilots are ripped apart for making mistakes, although criticisms are made in interest of helping a pilot improve. There are some that have come to fear our "AAARRRRROOOOOOOO" battlecry upon entering a match (and often after hard fights). Although much of our MWO playerbase has been dormant for a number of months, many are surging back after the Clan release. We are coming back with a vengeance, and are welcoming new members to the pack.

Since the Black Wolves formed when MWO began, we have evolved into a multi-game community, involved in a wide spread of games. We are eagerly awaiting Star Citizen's full release, and we have a presence in games such as War Thunder, Warframe, EvE Online, Team Fortress 2, Supreme Commander and whatever else we feel like playing. Members are more than welcome to suggest games to the greater community at any time.

Requirements:
If you are looking for a unit willing to win together and have a blast, here is what we are looking for in pilots:

- Age 18 or older

- Proficient at piloting a wide variety of 'Mechs, with sound tactical sense, situational awareness, and ability to following orders.

- Proficiency at operating as part of a unit, with good teamwork and respect for other pilots of the unit.

- Willingness to improve. This includes being able to take and consider constructive feedback from teammates in both 'Mech builds and battlefield tactics.

- A love of BattleTech! And if you are new and do not understand the lore, having a willingness to learn.

Combat Style:
We are known for being aggressive and lethal on the battlefield. When 'bunching up' occurs in pug matches, we are often the ones to lead a line-breaker charge. Most of us identify with a 'get-up-and-personal' combat style, and some of the best brawler pilots you will meet on the battlefield are in our ranks.

The Black Wolves operate under a Wolf Pack combat doctrine in competitive matches, which is based on two primary pillars:

- Flexibility : Black Wolf pilots are expected to be able to adapt rapidly under combat conditions, and off the field. In competition, battlefield Command and Control (C&C) can become fluid. Wolves are expected to be able to switch fire teams and be able to take orders from anyone at any time, as disconnects and/or combat losses can change who is in overall command. This also includes the ability to switch from a predefined strategy into something new on the fly.

- Lethality : Wolves are expected to master both coordinated fire in squads of any size or composition, and be lethal and efficient individually in single combat. Individual lethality contributes to the effectiveness of the group as a whole, and when combined makes a very potent fire team. Pilots are not expected to take down Assault 'Mechs with Lights, although it is very possible to do and many members of the Wolves have done this several times in single combat. However, pilots are expected to learn how to operate their personal machines to the maximum efficiency they can achieve, while maintaining a level head in combat.

JOINING:
If the above sounds like what you are looking to be a part of, then by all means please apply! We are open to hardened veterans and those looking at BattleTech with fresh eyes alike. All we ask is that you are dedicated to improving yourself, the unit, and the universe of BattleTech. To apply, copy the application form below and fill it out.

Preferred call-sign (If any): [should be a shortened version of your name]
Experience (both TT and MW):
Preferred 'Mech class and roles:
Why you want to join the Wolves [Detail appreciated]:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Questions and concerns:

Example application:

Timezone: EDT [GMT -4]
Preferred call-sign: Alaric
Experience : 11 years playing Mechwarrior 4, occasional TT, mostly MWDA.
Preferred 'Mech class and roles
: Heavy - Assault Classes; Catapult, Stalker, Summoner, Warhawk. Brawling, Attack and Heavy Harassment roles
Why you want to join the Wolves: Because these guys are an awesome crew to play with, and there is no one else I would rather have beside my in those tough line fights.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a longtime fan of all things Battletech, been addicted to it since I was introduced to the universe at a Summer camp when I was 9. Soon after I began collecting minis (I now have well over a thousand) and I still remember finding a MW4: Mercenaries box in a Games Boutique 11 years ago when it released. I have played that game through several times a year ever since. For as much flak as it often gets, MW4 was a damn good game although it did mess several things up a bit. Additionally, about half my bookshelf is taken up by Battletech novels, and I am still looking for more!
Questions and concerns: Why am I not piloting a Battlemech right now?

Commanding Officer - Alaric Wolf Kerensky
Executive Officer - Jorudor
Recruitment Officer - GumbyC2C

http://blackwolves.enjin.com/?welcome

Posted Image

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 19 June 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#2 ChalybsUmbra

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 03 May 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Since Clans are Factions, and not player run (at launch), this would fall under the Faction Unit rules.

Players can earn the privilege to be a member by earning loyalty points and performing certain feats/actions.

So yes they exist, but you probably can't make your cluster, if only initially.

But I'm very interested. I've always been in love with Clan Wolf. But first an important logistical question. What time zone are you and most of your guys in? I'm PST, and I want to try and join a unit that's not too far ahead of me, because I'm usually a late-gamer.

#3 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostChalybsUmbra, on 03 May 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

So yes they exist, but you probably can't make your cluster, if only initially.

But I'm very interested. I've always been in love with Clan Wolf. But first an important logistical question. What time zone are you and most of your guys in? I'm PST, and I want to try and join a unit that's not too far ahead of me, because I'm usually a late-gamer.

Personally I am East, but I have players from all regions of the United States and will even have a few from Australia. I typically play late in my own time zone (usually 2 am, but I have gone all the way to 4 recently) to accommodate playing with people on the Pacific seaboard and in Australia. You will definitively have people on at your time.

Also, thank you for the quote on the Clans. Looks like we will be aiming to join an existing Galaxy when we make the transition to Clan Wolf.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 31 July 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#4 ChalybsUmbra

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Awesome. Sign me up then!

Timezone: PST

Preferred Call-sign: ChalybsUmbra or Chalybs Umbra

Experience: No TT, but I've played MW2, MW3, MW4, all the expansions, some MW4 multiplayer, MC2, and currently playing Assault Tech 1: Battletech for practice. I've also played both MechInsults on the Xbox, not that it matters.

Preferred Mech Class and Roles: Heavy, but some Medium and Assault if needed. I play mostly an offensive game, always attacking and flanking. But if defense is required then I play as a mobile reinforcement or an immediate counterattacking force. Medium/Heavy mechs for attacking, fast and close if possible. Heavy/Assault for defense, with mostly long-range capabilities so I can support an attacking force if possible.

Tell us a little about yourself: Going to UCLA right now, working on a degree for Environmental Science. I have quite a bit of spare time, and will especially over summer. I go to the gym, parkour, and do martial arts as a hobby. I also have a 360, which I've neglected for the past 6 months.

Questions and Concerns: You guys have a website or forum? I'd like to introduce myself to everyone.

#5 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Welcome to the team Chalybs (I am going to need to learn how to pronounce that :P)! I do not have a website up yet, but will probably be getting one up after finals week when I have the time. Will also be looking into getting a TS3 server for us, although that may be held off until closer to release.

Edit: The unit insignia is also on the to-do list

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 04 May 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#6 ChalybsUmbra

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Pronounced: Kal-libs'. It's Latin for steel-shadow. Are you on a quarter system or semester system?

#7 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Semester. My last exam is next Friday, so I will have more time to dedicate very soon.

#8 ChalybsUmbra

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I see. I'm on a quarter system, so I have over a month left 'till summer. When you get a website running you should add it to these lists:

http://mwomercs.com/...merc-corp-page/

http://mwowiki.org/i...line_Units_List

#9 Brendus

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Name: Brendus

Timezone: EST

Preferred call-sign: Scavenger

Experience (both TT and MW): MechWarrior (Super NES), Battletech (Saga Genesis), MechWarrior 2, MechWarrior 3, MechWarrior 4 (all expansions), Mechcwarrior 4 (Arcade Game), Mechcommander 2, MechAssult (XBOX) [not a very good in my opinion], & MechAssault: Phantom War (N-DS), No TT experience.

Preferred 'Mech class and roles:
  • Prefeered Roles; Scout, Recon, LR Fire Support, & Sniper
  • Additional Roles; Omni-Range Fire Support, Harasser, & Close-Range
  • Mech Class; I'm felxiible, any will do really. I will say my favorite Chassis are: Shadow Cat, Catapult, Vulture, Timberwolf/ Madcat, Dire Wolf/ Daishi, Blood Asp, or the Viking (if it even gets into this game, ...drool!!!)

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an artist. I love camping and the outdoors, so if I dissapear for a bit I'm in the woods somewhere. Big time Mech Fan! I've been playing since I was a wee one, I must admit it's been a while since I have played MW4, close to 5 years I think. I'm trying to get my old computer with Win-XP cleaned up so I can play again to work out the rust in the old brain.

Questions and concerns: I'm layed back person and if I want to take a break I'd like to be allowed to deal with RL stuff. I will be in contact if the real world comes callin', I wouldn't just dicth everyone. I see too many people trying to take this game to serious, and it hasn't even started yet. I must say it was annoying to get all of the generic recruitment requests, but I did take time to read all of them. I must say your groups summery and info caught my attention and I would like to apply to this group. So my only question is will we have fun? :)

#10 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Alright! Finals are done, and I now have a lot of spare time. Going to see about getting a webpage this week, and work on the emblem.

@ Brendus:
Sorry for the late reply. First off, HELL YES we are going to have fun. And if you have RL issues that come up that need to be addressed, then by all means take your time and do what you have to do. Life comes first, then games. My vision for this group is to have a blast while still being extremely effective, which is not hard to pull off. Welcome to the Wolves! Anything else you need, feel free to ask.

#11 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Good news! It needs A LOT of tweaking, but we now have a working website!

http://blackwolves.enjin.com/?welcome

#12 Rayne Usho Luzon

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Timezone: Central
Preferred call-sign: Beatnik

Experience (both TT and MW): MW2, MW4+expansions, MC; also played xbox version of game. i've also read most of the novels set during and after invasion, as well as all of the Mechwarrior: Dark ages novels. I have not played RL version of game, but have a few pieces.

Preferred role: Prefer fire support, though am willing to use long range weapons at the minimum range. Most comfortable on fringe of firefight harassing multiple targets.
Preferred 'Mech/Class: I like lasers and PPCs, though not too attached to a particular chassie. (Clan:Mad Dog/Vuture or Scarecrow/Ryoken); Wolfhound, Uziel, Thunderbolt, Black Knight, Warhammer

Tell us a little about yourself: Old school PC gamer, only really played MW and first person shooters. Avid reader of the novels, interested to live out an aspect of the universe. Graduated a while ago, working full time right now. I have a wife and kid, so most of my gaming would be late at night (Midwest/Central time)

Questions and concerns: My concern is that my gaming time may be limited to a few hours a week during the week. Little time on weekends. If we do missions, I'd have to schedule out time a day or so in advance. Otherwise, I'd expect to be on point most nights. But I am with Brendus with concern on the focus on group's dynamic. I just want to have some fun while i'm here.

#13 Rayne Usho Luzon

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

By the way, i logged into the website. Looks good, though i think it is only a few hours old. looking forward to seeing more of it.

#14 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostRayne Usho Luzon, on 21 May 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

By the way, i logged into the website. Looks good, though i think it is only a few hours old. looking forward to seeing more of it.

Indeed it is brand new :P, and I just spent the night finishing the emblem! (and I might have made it a wee bit big, but oh well, haha)

As for your concern, achieving a strong group dynamic is neither difficult nor time intensive. Putting in effort can make it stronger, but the core element is willingness to operate as a cohesive unit. And if my time in WoT has taught me anything, it is that fighting alongside competent and team-focused friends makes a game more fun and helps you win a lot more. After a couple days of playing with each other, platooning with a pair of my buddies became lethally efficient because we knew how everyone else in the group thought and moved, and acted accordingly. It was not uncommon for the 3 of us to claim half the kills on a team of 15, and our win ratio was between 80 and 90%. Trust me, all it takes is a little time before operating as a group becomes second nature.

That said, welcome to the Wolves Rayne!

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 22 May 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#15 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Timezone: UTC +1 CET
Preferred call-sign: None preffered, give me one you like.
Experience (both TT and MW): Played MW3 + 4 and MW:LL, no TT exp yet but I bought a starter Box, so maybe sooner or later.
Preferred 'Mech class and roles: Light to medium Scout, Chavalery roles and quick firesupport, I love Flankattacks and Backstabbing.
To get an Idea how I play (the WoT example) I rather choose quick and light vehicles (Light/medium), read the take some time to read the map and watch the spread of combatants to leap out and try to encircle flank and support people. I love to get behind distracted enemies to punch away their armor and run before they can shoot me. In Heavy vehicles I am a frontline grunt, taking damage like a berserker and rushing froth to build up preasure on enemies lines and drive the advace further. (sometimes, with bad teams, I get outflanked quickly)

Tell us a little about yourself: I am german, I do speak english (at least I think so^^), I am a student so I have some freetime but also times where i go to submerged status and dissapear from RL and VL radar. I was not a big fan of TeamSpeak yet, because most organisations use it as chatter place and I do not like chatter in combat. I prefer short combat orders rather then chatter. But I am communicative when it comes to written stuff.

Edited by Andar89, 22 May 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#16 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Welcome to the Pack Andar! Your English is not perfect, but it seems to be very close to perfect. You have a better written grasp than half of young Americans! Glad to see you enjoy tactics and teamwork, because that will be core to our strategies. As for Teamspeak and other chat clients, we will be using one if there is not an in-game chat function. However battle voice communications will be combat focused. Hopefully, we will get to stride onto the battlefield soon, I feel Beta may not be too far away.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 22 May 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#17 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

The website is still in the early stages, but we do finally have both a unit insignia and a working website (sorry it took a couple weeks :P). People who join us early will be able to voice directions that they want to see the unit take, and partake in helping with the collaborative design of insignia. Senior members (people joining and helping to form the unit before Beta will be granted senior status at launch) are going to enjoy having a voice shaping the goals and direction of the unit, and will be considered first for promotion when opportunities arise to thank their dedication (given that the person is suited for leadership). For people joining after the launch of Beta, expect to be given Senior status 2 or 3 months after you join. I will also be developing a rank advancement system based largely on time with the unit and command ability. If you  have any ideas for how ranks should be handled or what they should look like, please join the discussion on our forum!

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 22 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#18 Gauge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

You all seem like a cool bunch. I particularly like that you guys aren't concerned about building some elaborate ranking system (That would all just go out the window anyways the moment one person isn't online and you try to form a game). My plans are still up in the air about what all I'll be getting involved with in the game, so I won't be submitting an app, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for you guys. Good luck out there!

#19 Vininator

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

*Timezone: UTC -3.00

Preferred call-sign: Vininator, Vinny, Vince, Vin, Vinchenzo, Vinay-nay, "You there, the guy in the Hunchback, yes you", I don't care. as long as I know you're talking to me :angry:

Experience (both TT and MW): Minimal. My only experience with Mechwarrior is the Mechassault series on Xbox. Instantly fell in love though, and I've spend every second since then waiting for a new Mechwarrior game to come out...
I do have a lot of experience in other tactical combat games though. Especially World of Tanks, which is quite similar to MW:O in a few ways. In any case I'll do my best to be a valuable team member!

Preferred 'Mech class and roles: Not sure how the 'mechs will handle yet, but from what I've seen I'm liking the Catapult. I also want to try my hand at Scout 'mechs as well as Assaults.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not exactly from "around here" :P I live in Suriname, a tiny little country in South America.
Posted Image
I enjoy making pixel art, fishing, and making big things go boom.
Feel free to PM me or something if you feel like chatting. You know, if you're cool like that.

Questions and concerns: Just a note: I do have a job, and it's a bit demanding of my time. I probably won't have much time to play on weekends, and during the week I might have to bail at a moment's notice. Hope you understand ;) I'm sure I can get in a solid 2 hours a day during weekdays. probably more.

#20 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Vininator, welcome to the Pack! Most of us will have jobs (hell I just got home from mine) that will take up our time. Working around real-life issues is a challenge in any online game like this, but I believe we can make it work. Very glad to see you joining the team!

Gauge (glad to see they fixed the capitalization error for your name!), thank you for your interest. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for, and I hope that it turns out to be us! As for ranks, it is a POSSIBILITY, although they really would not have much meaning and would probably be uniquely oriented around wolf pack styling, such as Alpha, Pup (for brand-new recruits), and Long-Fang or something like that. Just to track relative position and time spent with the unit. As a pack, we will all be nearly equals. Pretty much the only exception to that is me, because as the Alpha I will be giving us a direction to follow, but with input form the entirety of the group.

We are going to have a lot of fun, and if things go as planned, our name will be as easily recognized as the Grey Death Legion or Kell Hounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users