Pgi, You Will Get My Money In $100 Increments For These Milestones

53 replies to this topic

#1 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi PGI.

I will have to pass on this MC sale but I want you to know that I still support your endeavor and to help you understand how you can get more of my money, I'll outline it here.

First of all I won't be paying anything more until I get

- better netcode and collisions

It's not 1999 so this is basic stuff that hasn't tripped anyone up in years. I never expected that I'd need those lag-aim techniques from Quake 2 again in my life but here I am, missing 2 jenner lengths ahead to hit server-side. My reaction to this is that Broceratops Is Not Impressed. If anything, Broceratops is surprised that this can even happen in 2012 (not the good kind of surprise either, it is the PGI thanksgiving kind of surprise), similar to if I got smallpox tomorrow. I would be like "WHAT? I THOUGHT WE WERE PASSED THIS?!".

Let's assume you manage to meet this minimum level of competence. Now we can talk about money. I will gladly pay for the following because they are core Must Have features and when you do them, assuming they are not half-assed like the last several patches, it shows me that you 'get it'.

- ELO Matchmaking
- community warfare
- bug fixes: CTD, yellow screen, black screen, wwwwwwwww screen, getting stuck on stuff, getting disconnected, all of this is happening entirely too much and it is not getting better it is getting worse.
- mechanic fixes: preventing afk and suicide farming, a real UI (I'm tired of having to theory test using excel), a less than total reliance on TS/forums for talking to people and grouping, all these things make for a terrible new player experience unless someone has the patience of a turtle.

Until this is done, I will not pay for the following:

- Mechs
- MC Sales
- Bobbleheads, Skins, other customizations
- Premium Time

Please do not market these things to me in the mean time. This is a privilege that finished games have and MWO, in my mind, isn't even close to that. In fact I am uncomfortable because it makes me think that you think MWO is good to go, when in pretty much every category other than "Is it a MechWarrior Game" it would get a failing to mediocre grade from me.

Best of luck,

BROCERATOPS

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostBroceratops, on 22 November 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

If anything, Broceratops is surprised...

Broceratops should always refer to himself in third person. I'll add in the Schwarzenegger accent myself. :)

But very true. I really don't feel like paying more for a game I CTD 3 out of 4 matches. The fact that I still play must mean I am either insane or a true die hard fan. PGI will just have to be happy that I am willing to put up with the game at this stage instead of asking me for more cash.

#3 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

amen

#4 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Indeed...I doubt I'll go for premium time because $10/month for an arena shooter with mechs is a bit rich, but I anticipate dropping a reasonable amount of cash money over time provided the game holds my attention. But beta beta is beta and I'm not going get more financially involved until it's up to snuff.

#5 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well not that i actually think you will do good on your promise but i look forward to your spending spree.

#6 hanitora

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I support your way of thinking. I will also spend my money on those milestones.

#7 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Wow! 700 matches since Oct 29th.

Wins / Losses:

475 / 226

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

841 / 264

Kill / Death Ratio:

Kill Assists:

Just saying... I'm glad, despite all the issues you are experiencing, you seem to still be having lots of fun. I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, as we address a lot of your concerns. The team is hardening right now, which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.

#8 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Reverse crowdfunding.

Interesting.

#9 Skylen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

your a lier
your hooked and addicted I highly doubt youll beable to keep your mouse away from that add more MC button

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

I am really glad to hear that. I enjoy the game a lot, and play it almost exclusively since I got into CB. I guess that's why I play despite all the problems. I always planned on spending money on this game (it was a toss up between this or getting into WoW), and when problems get fixed you can expect my support. :)

#11 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Wow! 700 matches since Oct 29th.

Wins / Losses:

475 / 226

Damage Done:

Kill / Deaths:

841 / 264

Kill / Death Ratio:

Kill Assists:

Just saying... I'm glad, despite all the issues you are experiencing, you seem to still be having lots of fun. I hope you'll see an improvement in the coming weeks, as we address a lot of your concerns. The team is hardening right now, which means we're focusing on squashing bugs.

And now? Why don't you comment on what he said instead of attacking the OP? Attacking forum-users has never been a good decision in my opinion, but this is your forum, so I will have to get along with it.

Am really looking forward to the new fixes - the last three patches have been rather disappointing.

In case you also want to check my stats and publicise them, too: no, I don't play that often anymore.

#12 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Kill Assists:

Why can't we see this statistic? I'd love to see how many assists I've managed.

#13 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have to agree with this.

I do want those shiny skins and cockpit items they've been talking about, but there is no way I'd be getting them at all if I hadn't gone founder to begin with. I love the new stuff, I do. The Cataphract is very fun, and the UAC/5 (even after hotfix) is now valid (not overpowered) again.

The issue is: every time there is a new patch, a bunch of new bugs get added. This might be ok, if the old bugs are getting fixed, but I still see old bugs we've seen for weeks and weeks. I understand that time spent on content might not theoretically translate to bug fixes. But, wouldn't that mean it's time to hire more people in these areas that are lacking?

Edited by Brickyard, 22 November 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#14 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 November 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

I am really glad to hear that. I enjoy the game a lot, and play it almost exclusively since I got into CB. I guess that's why I play despite all the problems. I always planned on spending money on this game (it was a toss up between this or getting into WoW), and when problems get fixed you can expect my support. :)

We look forward to earning it!

View Poststjobe, on 22 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Why can't we see this statistic? I'd love to see how many assists I've managed.

It's coming soon. We're working on the interfaces for the client ATM.

#15 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

+1

I'll keep playing because I do enjoy the game, but the current netcode issues are a real downer.

Edited by The Cheese, 22 November 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#16 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

We look forward to earning it!

Does that mean we would get the total damage done as well?

'(<.<)' Just as long as no one else can see the damage my Cataphract does. '(>.>)'

#17 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Oh goody :) Thanks!

Oh, and does this mean we get to see statistics in the client and not just on the webpage? If so, double-goody!

Edited by stjobe, 22 November 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#18 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi PGI.

I will have to pass on this MC sale

There is an MC sale?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#19 Mitta

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hi PGI.

I will have to pass on this MC sale but I want you to know that I still support your endeavor and to help you understand how you can get more of my money, I'll outline it here.

First of all I won't be paying anything more until I get

- better netcode and collisions

It's not 1999 so this is basic stuff that hasn't tripped anyone up in years. I never expected that I'd need those lag-aim techniques from Quake 2 again in my life but here I am, missing 2 jenner lengths ahead to hit server-side. My reaction to this is that Broceratops Is Not Impressed. If anything, Broceratops is surprised that this can even happen in 2012 (not the good kind of surprise either, it is the PGI thanksgiving kind of surprise), similar to if I got smallpox tomorrow. I would be like "WHAT? I THOUGHT WE WERE PASSED THIS?!".

Let's assume you manage to meet this minimum level of competence. Now we can talk about money. I will gladly pay for the following because they are core Must Have features and when you do them, assuming they are not half-assed like the last several patches, it shows me that you 'get it'.

- ELO Matchmaking
- community warfare
- bug fixes: CTD, yellow screen, black screen, wwwwwwwww screen, getting stuck on stuff, getting disconnected, all of this is happening entirely too much and it is not getting better it is getting worse.
- mechanic fixes: preventing afk and suicide farming, a real UI (I'm tired of having to theory test using excel), a less than total reliance on TS/forums for talking to people and grouping, all these things make for a terrible new player experience unless someone has the patience of a turtle.

Until this is done, I will not pay for the following:

- Mechs
- MC Sales
- Bobbleheads, Skins, other customizations
- Premium Time

Please do not market these things to me in the mean time. This is a privilege that finished games have and MWO, in my mind, isn't even close to that. In fact I am uncomfortable because it makes me think that you think MWO is good to go, when in pretty much every category other than "Is it a MechWarrior Game" it would get a failing to mediocre grade from me.

Best of luck,

BROCERATOPS

AMEN!

Really if I had a choice (there isn't for MW games right now) I wouldn't even be playing this.

Edited by Mitta, 22 November 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#20 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

+1 for Bryan! It seems to me that they have more than achieved the "Minimum Viable Product" that they told us they were shooting for around this time. Things will only get better from here, gents, it's not like they're sitting around eating bonbons up in Vancouver. I'm looking forward to seeing things grow... and thank you for the UAC5 hotfix today. You guys are on top of things. :)

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users