• Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

*Nodds*

#22 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Great stuff Mac!
I'm kind of inspired to write some stuff up like this of my own - I've been tinkering with the idea of doing some serious writing for a few weeks now. We'll see if I get the time after my resits.

#23 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 26 June 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Tried to devise one of the worst possible fates for a Clan Mechwarrior. Mental scarring with Claustrophobia seemed to be the best I could come up it. Think it works?

That was awesome, though I was a little thrown off by you saying Draco looked down on you. As for the ending, sucks to be him.

#24 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

That was awesome, though I was a little thrown off by you saying Draco looked down on you. As for the ending, sucks to be him.

I think that would be the Clanner indocridation (however you spell it.) thinking. DeMarkus does see Rick as a tech, but that doesn't mean looks down on him.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 03 July 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#25 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thom has it right, it is the focus of the current story about how Clan Indoctrination can poison and twist a person's thoughts and feelings. I can also imagine it's an excersise in stockholme syndrome.

Dont worry guys, OOC, we're all good :P

#26 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thank God, hopefully Draco can keep that part from happening.

#27 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 05 July 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Thank God, hopefully Draco can keep that part from happening.

Don't worry, it's more of a 'What if' situation, though I am starting to think it might be a great followup to the Jade Falcon RP. I'll see how it goes, but if it goes to a point where Rick ends up in a light scout lance (Hope so!) to offer a fire-supported retreat path, it would make for an interesting continuation of the RP.

View PostRogueSpear, on 29 June 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Great stuff Mac!
I'm kind of inspired to write some stuff up like this of my own - I've been tinkering with the idea of doing some serious writing for a few weeks now. We'll see if I get the time after my resits.

I am really glad to hear Rogue, I never get the opprotunity to discuss writing with you, so I am hoping to read some good stuff :D

Maybe we can work on a colaborative creation at some point. I'd like to keep working on writing and drawing. Personally, I hope to someday make a living online (I really dont do well in 9-5 situations, even when it's 11am-7am, which I am glad to do since I am a bit of a night owl if ya noticed my posting pattern). In order to make that, it requires just working on my art, be it in JPG or DOC.

Hope to hear from ya soon. I'll try to keep working on these short stories, and I hope I can develop a larger audience, but for what I have gained is a very small but very loyal readership, and I couldn't be more appreciative or joyful for it.

Thanks to all of you who are reading and writing back, it really does make my day, each and every day.

#28 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

You're absolutely preaching to the choir there Mac, I'm exactly the same. I've only ever been passing good at drawing, and I can paint Warhammer models to a reasonable degree, but I love telling stories. It's why I went into games - but I'm finding the programming to not be as interesting as I'd hoped and hard to concentrate on. I'd always known it was going to be a means to an end situation where I did coding to get into design, but here we are.
Doing a collab story sounds great to me though! As does discussing writing - it's only the last month or so that I've started trying to really throw myself into it, so it would be great to talk about it sometime. Do you possess Skype or steam?

#29 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Question. How would Rick handle meeting Thom? What would he think? I'm pretty sure that he'd make the connection. I was thinking about trying to do some writing about T.... My innner thug is screaming for release.

#30 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Unsure, Rick is not a particularly abrasive character, in fact he somewhat shys away from violence and provokation. It may be an interesting experiment of RP. Have any posts you care to share for me to study?

#31 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

No. All the post I've ever done with Thom were in the Windborn Raven RP...

But I was asking GW about joining the his Clan invasion RP, in which case I'd beg for Thom to join.

But I was wondering what Ricks thoughts on 'Whoa, I know your dad, kid.' would be.

#32 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Lol, that's an angle I never thought of, as far as all the RPs on the board, Rick is one of the few characters not only involved in many of them, but is actually old enough to know family generations. Now ya got me curious!

#33 Donovan Jenks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

great work man, love the seediness and masochistic rebellion of Barret.

I hope we get to see what he can do with a blender ;-)

#34 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Rick, Thom, and Rogue, I gots a couple of stories on me external hard drive, that are unfinished books, will be a little bit before I can get them to you, but, would you guys like to proof read them, and give criticisms?

Edited by guardian wolf, 07 July 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#35 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Of cours, dude. Also, call me James. If I hear the word 'Thom" I'm thinking that any comments or critisims I have need to be voiced with the funky Warlockian accent...

#36 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well, I can try to see how Rick would proof-read it, but it might just be easier of me (MacabreDerek, Derek, Mac, MacD, MD, ***_0L3, etc) did it instead.

#37 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well, making a thread in the Jettisoned Communique with an excerpt, the Book, is called Star Wars: Shadows Rising.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users