#1 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I did a complete install and redownloaded the client to see if that would reduce the CTD on launch errors. I launched a game and forgot that I did not check the menu box to run as Full Screen

well my game was WAY smoother than full screen when in window mode... I was getting 25 fps steady and not dropping very much in the dogfights. The framerates were still kinda low, but it was not nearly as much stuttering when the fps did drop.

it was actually playable... although it's not optimal and running windowed mode probably pretty much sucks as far as game experience, but i suppose it is better than not playing at all. i did switch to full screen but the laggy stuttering returned and made it less than playable.

so window mode it is until something is fixed...

Edited by Dagger6T6, 22 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Oh the joys of Major MWO Patches, personaly rather wait for a dev to atleast SAY something on the matter before i bring myself to wanting to unistall the game again, then again i may be asking for too much right there.

Nice find though for those who are still persistant.

#3 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I only mention the reinstall because that is what I did... I don't think the reinstall really did anything

if you are having low fps you should just try windowed mode without doing a full reinstall... just to see if it allows you enough fps to at least play

#4 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

The strange thing for me is that I get better FPS by 2-4 fps in fullscreen compared to windowed.

#5 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Can confirm p4r4g0n's observation, down to the xact same of FPS I am better in FS than windowed.

Strange also, both "windowed" and "Full Window" give me the same tiny window in the center of my display to play in...useless....

#6 Adian

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I was getting 60FPS with DX 11before they shut it down?

Now i am getting 20-30 FPS it is really agravating. I will not be spending any more money until I get better FPS. This is not my computers issue but a programming issue. I understand that it will take time. I am just stating my reluctance to spend any more money until most of the AMD issues are taken care of.

Please bring back DX 11

#7 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,727 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

dx11 was never ingame :)

#8 donjr777

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I, too, have a laptop as my primary rig and have been bummed out by the idea that I can't play the latest incarnation of my favorite game.....in searching for a workaround to the fps problem I found this thread and tried running the game at 1024x768 in windowed mode...now it's smooth enough that I can actually aim and hit a target with some effect...got my first assist!...yaaayy...woo hoo...probably still won't be able to hit the lights but at least I can enjoy the game in a limited fashion...playing in a window isn't a big deal to me...I fire up Diablo 2 in an 800x600 window and enjoy it just fine...obviously I'm not a serious gamer...life doesn't allow me to do that but now I'll be a little more inclined to think about shelling out some cash for MWO........

Scytale<HisKrapper>

#9 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah it's smoother fullscreen for me :/

#10 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I tried windowed and it was no better, maybe worse. I did delete the shader cache as suggested elsewhere and got about 5-8 fps improvement, which helps.

#11 Snoogins

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Windowed mode at 1024x768 did increase my FPS by ~15. At least its back to a playable state. Hope its resolved soon so I can go back to fullscreen. :)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users