My First Jenner, Which One?

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Jenner do you prefer? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Jenner?

1. JR7-K (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. JR7-D (12 votes [92.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Black Crusade

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've decided to save my points to buy a Jenner as my first mech. I am wondering though which Jenner is superior? Is it the JR7-D which the extra missile hardpoint. Or the JR7-K with the C.A.S.E addition?

Edited by The Black Crusade, 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Col Forbin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Get the D. CASE is kind of useless as you should be planning to drop an XL engine in there anyways...

#3 Baldur Mekorig

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

From my limited experience, stay away from the -7K, it is not worth it unless you are trying to master the Jenner. Start with the -7D for streaks, or the -7F if you like lasers.

#4 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

JR7-K trades one missile hardpoint for one extra module slot.

A lot of people will tell you that a Jenner with only one missile hardpoint is useless. They are wrong. It might not be as effective if you are dependent on Streak SRM-2s, but if you take the time to learn how to aim standard SRMs you can have very effective builds using one SRM-4 or one SRM-6. Plus, module slots will be more valuable as they add more modules.

This is your first Jenner, so go with the JR7-D so you don't get b!tched at for getting the wrong version by every Tom, D!ck, and Harry. But don't forget the JR7-K -- just keep a single-missile build in your back pocket for when that extra module slot is needed.

Edited by PapaKilo, 23 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users