Projectile Path Or Model Clipping?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mounty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 220 posts
  • LocationOrange, NSW, Australia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

How many time have you fired a shot only to have it hit a near by piece of scenery that you thought was out of the way. Well I may have proof that something is amiss. Hopefully there's a video below, if there is you'll see I'm using a Highlander with a gauss. When I fire the gauss I hit the building but when I walk forward my mech doesn't hit the building, thats doesn't make sense.

I know nothing about the coding that makes all this tick so i'm not sure if this is a problem with calculating trajectories or if it's simply a problem with the mech model not clipping the building properly. This is easy to reproduce in training grounds, I did it several times before I made the video to make sure it wasn't a one off glitch.

#2 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

you fired a weapon off your arm yes? looks like fire point is behind the building to me but the impact is off. That said you are correct and building hit detection is iffy sometimes. Tormaline desert is becoming a worry though, i'm starting to see ravens trying to abuse clipping into some of the ridges so they cant get hit

Edited by Ralgas, 21 April 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#3 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostRalgas, on 21 April 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

you fired a weapon off your arm yes? looks like fire point is behind the building to me but the impact is off. That said you are correct and building hit detection is iffy sometimes. Tormaline desert is becoming a worry though, i'm starting to see ravens trying to abuse clipping into some of the ridges so they cant get hit

Arm sniping around crystal blocks on Tourmaline is absolutely ********.

Why?

Cuz if 70% of your body is actually physically around the ******* crystals, able to shoot, but I can't return fire to that 70% showing, in reality it's like 10%, their arm/shoulder actually touchable.

I just fail to grasp the reason for having LoS not be........ LoS............... meh w/e

#4 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostSoy, on 21 April 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Arm sniping around crystal blocks on Tourmaline is absolutely ********.

Why?

Cuz if 70% of your body is actually physically around the ******* crystals, able to shoot, but I can't return fire to that 70% showing, in reality it's like 10%, their arm/shoulder actually touchable.

I just fail to grasp the reason for having LoS not be........ LoS............... meh w/e

Yeah, the crystal hit detection is completely fubar'd.
I don't know how many times I have been above the crystals
shooting a mech which is clearly shooting me and yet my shots
hit the crystals in front of me instead of the mech I'm aiming at.
:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users