7 replies to this topic

#1 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

You know those stupid things that bother you when they really shouldn't?

Really stupid things that mean nothing but you worry about them anyway... specifically in regards to what people think?

The mods (very politely) removed the pics of my kids from the "Faces of Mechwarrior" thread. Citing a handful of reasons that all made gobs upon gobs of sense. This wasn't intended as a game for minors, don't want to give the impression that they're allowed in here, etc.

I don't argue with the decision at all. Everything mentioned made perfect sense, especially from a "public website management" perspective.

..so when they mentioned that they had no way of knowing if those were even my kids, or just some random pix I pulled off of a social networking site... It hit me like "OhmuhGawd! They're right!!!!!" All the photos were in different parts of the house, at different times. Me and kids are caucasian as can possibly be (three of the four are adopted, so only one is a perfect cloned mini-me), and my (2nd) wife is hispanic, so she really doesn't fit.

So... to anyone at all who saw the pics I posted and remembers them (which will probably not be a single soul), and thought anything askance by them... I SWEAR TO GOD THOSE WERE REALLY MY KIDS!!!!!!

Ok... sorry for that. Thanks!

#2 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Think of it this way....
The Mods, were thinking of your best interests, and of your kids.
IMHO, I think there is no need to aplogize...
And, don't swear, the kids might pick it up... ;)

#3 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

You are absolutely right, lol.

I was striken, last week in fact, with the unreasonable paranoia that the people I play MWO with (or the mods, or the dev's) might've gotten the impression I'm actually some creepy so-in-so that would post pix of other people's kids and claim them as my own. And it being the interwebs I've got no plausible way of proving that it was even me in those pictures, (or need to, since we're all just here to play a game), so it really was a absurd thing to stress over, but there you have that.

#4 xenoglyph

• 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I thought it was cool. Nothing wrong with a proud father showing off some pictures of his family. I think the creepy thing is someone actually thinking they might not be your kids, removing them, and then telling you that.

#5 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

..tough....

#6 Violette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nope, you're clearly an internet pretend-father, trying to gain father-cred so people will think you're mature and worth listening to. BUSTED

#7 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Noooo! I've watched c-sections! I've cut umbilical cords (it was gross). And tended to an autistic kid for six years and a deaf one for five! I'm mature! I'm mature! Arrrgh!

#8 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Don't feel bad, The devs banned me for 24 hours cuz I hurt people's feelings. Apparently, they come from a land of sunshine and rainbows.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users