Joining the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (LCAF) Combat Training!

28 replies to this topic

Poll: Different aspects of LCAF combat taining (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Which LCAF combat training centre would you join, if granted the opportunity?

1. The Nagelring (27 votes [30.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.34%

2. The Sanglamore Academy (8 votes [8.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.99%

3. The Coventry Military Academy (CMA) (10 votes [11.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.24%

4. The Royal New Capetown Military Academy (RNCMA) (6 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

5. The Melissa Steiner Academy of Bolan (MSMA) (7 votes [7.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

6. The Alarion Naval Academy (ANA) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. The War College of Buena (2 votes [2.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.25%

8. The Military Academy of Somerset (9 votes [10.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

9. The Tamar War College (6 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

10. Blackjack School of Conflict (11 votes [12.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.36%

11. Pandora College of Military Sciences (1 votes [1.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

12. Flight Academy of Thorin (0 votes [0.00%])

13. None of the above (2 votes [2.25%] - View)

If offered, which LIC group would you be likely to join?

1. Lohengrin (8 votes [8.99%] - View)

2. Propaganda (2 votes [2.25%] - View)

3. Norns (4 votes [4.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

4. Diplomatic Guard/Corps (16 votes [17.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.98%

5. Espionage Loki (8 votes [8.99%] - View)

6. Espionage Bodians (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Espionage Molehunters (1 votes [1.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

8. Heimdall (27 votes [30.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.34%

9. None of the above (23 votes [25.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.84%

Which (possible) faction/empire training programs other than that of the LCAF would you consider to be on a par or even better?

1. Training programs of the Federated Suns/House Davion (41 votes [28.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.87%

2. Training programs of the Capellan Confederation/House Liao (4 votes [2.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.82%

3. Training programs of the Free Worlds League/House Marik (5 votes [3.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.52%

4. Training programs of the Draconis Combine/House Kurita (15 votes [10.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.56%

5. Training programs of the Free Rasalhague Republic (7 votes [4.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.93%

6. Training programs of the St. Ives Compact (8 votes [5.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

7. Training programs of the Tikonov Free Republic (although dated before 3050, the launch time of MWO) (1 votes [0.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

8. Training programs of the Duchy of Andurien (although dated before 3050, the launch time of MWO) (2 votes [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

9. Training programs of ComStar (37 votes [26.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.06%

10. Training programs of the Word of Blake (10 votes [7.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

11. None of the above (12 votes [8.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Neo Kell

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationArch-Royal, Lyran Alliance

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Haha, I'm Merc Trained, I never went to any school for training or will go to! Dragoons! Dragoons!

#22 Merrik Stryfe

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I was torn between Buena and CMA but eventually chose CMA for two reasons: the lore is a little more dynamic; and, due to my RL job, when I tell people I did my military training at CMA they're likely to think I mean the Christian and Missionary Alliance. :(
Any chance I get to make people's day a little more surreal...

I also went for the Diplomatic Corps/Guard because bodyguards get paid big money, the work tends to be less lethal, and you can make some excelent political contacts.

#23 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

The Nagelring is just too prestigious to miss. Graduating from the same school as Kerensky must count for something.

In terms of Spooks I went for Loki, because these are the people that will make the enemy soil their pants

#24 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I was wondering how important combat training will be for House Steiner in MWO and can we rely on the developers to create a training scenario that will allow those, who decide to join the LCAF, to become proficient in mech combat as needed for the Lyran Commonwealth to be successful and fight on the same or a better level in comparision to other factions in MWO?

Would it be a good idea to start a LCAF training initiative (for instance, via the Steiner hub) with experienced pilots offering guidance/advice/duelling to complete newbies (and make specific introductory training courses mandatory in certain House units)? If so, are there any veteran mechwarriors out there who would be willing to train new recruits/cadets for the LCAF/House units?

#25 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostGwenaelle Focht, on 11 August 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Would it be a good idea to start a LCAF training initiative (for instance, via the Steiner hub) with experienced pilots offering guidance/advice/duelling to complete newbies (and make specific introductory training courses mandatory in certain House units)? If so, are there any veteran mechwarriors out there who would be willing to train new recruits/cadets for the LCAF/House units?

~Salute~ Gwenaelle,

This is exactly one of the functions the Hub was intended to serve...the sharing of knowledge with new players for the success of our House. We have many pilots adept with training who are affilitated with our efforts and we gladly offer whatever assistance and training would be beneficial. The game has changed visually/mechanically, but the general tactical requirements will not. Established units can partake in recruit training and undecided pilots can take advantage of the experience of veterans to learn the game while they also try to find a home.

In my experience, nothing is more important than knowing your lancemates and battlefield awareness and communication when it comes to success on the field.

#26 Shadow Skye

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Trained in the BJSC in MPBT. Soft spot for it.

View PostGwenaelle Focht, on 11 August 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I was wondering how important combat training will be for House Steiner in MWO and can we rely on the developers to create a training scenario that will allow those, who decide to join the LCAF, to become proficient in mech combat as needed for the Lyran Commonwealth to be successful and fight on the same or a better level in comparision to other factions in MWO?

#27 Andreas Stefanus

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I hope they do a tutorial on new people or a tutorial map.

#28 Wilhime

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Wilderness, Canada

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

kewl, I love having so many ppl that talk about the lore of the game. I think that they should develop a way to have the inner sphere gaining and losing territorries or planets with certain battles that players can fight in.

#29 Irtar

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Military Academy of Somerset because of my respect of Scotish gusto.

Character wise, I'd refuse to take part of any section of the LIC because, simply put, I'm already driving a hundred tonne mech. Got more important things to worry about than skulking. ;)

And I tip my hat to House Davion (as currently we're all one big happy family, how could they be worse than us? :D), Comstar due to their tech access, and I give the Word of Blake a nod for the amount of trouble they cause after the Clan Invasions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users