v1.0.150

4 replies to this topic

#1 Czerno Alpha

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

I was on Caustic Valley, hit overheat shutdown cause I was fighting in the caldera (I know), and after I left to try to cool down, I couldn't and eventually exploded due to overheat. I was not inside the caldera, and I was not firing any of my weapons. I simply overheated and exploded as if I was standing in a heat source.

#2 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Moving produces heat, the higher th ethrottle setting, the more heat. So if you are hot enough, you'll make it worse as you begin moving. It might be enough to make you go POP! Generally, you'll pop very shortly after you begin walking though. The only I can see you not cooling down or having such a low cool down rate as to pop later on would be because all or most of your heat sinks were destroyed in combat.

#3 Vallyn

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

There is a few ways this happens - running your weapons too hot for too long without dropping below 80% heat, losing heat sinks in combat, or running while over 100% (but without shutting down).

There appear to be a few game mechanics relating to heat that can cause you to go critical that don't require you to be at 100% - just at a critical heat level which is over 80% I believe.

#4 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Also, ammo explosions happen over time, think kinda like popcorn. You may have walked out to cool down right when your ammo started exploding and once you got out it finished you off.

#5 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Also, overheating seems to cuase damage and CT coring faster on lighter mechs...since they have less CT to spare. If you watch your CT when overheating, you'll see that its actually taking damage...rather quickly in fact for lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users