Hello, Newbie Here.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Steampuhnk

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationGA, Canton

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Just downloaded, and signed up for MWO. Been a Mechwarrior fan for YEARS. Just saying hello. Also, is this the actual game? Not the Beta, and is it always going to be F2P?

#2 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostSteampuhnk, on 25 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Just downloaded, and signed up for MWO. Been a Mechwarrior fan for YEARS. Just saying hello. Also, is this the actual game? Not the Beta, and is it always going to be F2P?

It is the Beta, in that it's still being developed, new stuff is being created, the main gametype (a large galaxy-map based metagame involving conquering the worlds of the Inner Sphere) hasn't yet been implemented, and things (like weapons, equipment, etc.. that you will be familar with from other MW games) are being balanced.

When you drop right now, the only gametype we have atm is a basic Team Deathmatch/Capture the base hybrid, which is excellent for the purposes of beta-testing, balancing, learning the game & practising your skills for when s**t gets real, but isn't the Dev's final vision of what they want.

However, it's all permanent, nothing from your account will be wiped, and hasn't been for the month or so since the game entered open-beta (things got wiped regularly during closed beta so that different stuff could be tested in a neutral way).

It'll always be FTP, they've stated that a few times afaik.

Ps; Good to have another MW vet on-board!

Ps2: Don't mind the odd bit of QQing you'll find in the General forum, folks get very - ahem - passionate about what they want from a MW game, since it's been that long since we had a good one, but as I assure you, this is a good one. <3

Edited by BigJim, 25 November 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#3 Deztroyez

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

well, good to have you on board XD as stated by BigJim, everything is correct ;)

a tip before you venture into the game: look at the tutorial 1st, they explain alot X__X I'd mention the others, but I might just babble along XD ask me if you need more tips :huh:

a few more pointers about certain weapons too:
LRMS - dont work within 180m, so dont shoot those, they just bounce off if done so
- must have a target lock then it will home into its target (press R)
- after 1000m, it will explode without reaching its target
PPC's - they have a minimum range of 90m, anything within that range will give less than desirable results
ER PPC's - they dont have that minimum range o__O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users