9 replies to this topic

#1 Greglomaniac

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

No, I am not implying that statistics should be removed entirely. What I'm trying to say is that there should be an option that would allow players to disable their personal statistics. Now let me explain why this option should exist.

Any fellow Mech-pilot could relate to the frustration that erupts from having one's mech destroyed. It's even more frustrating and relatable when your mech is destroyed in a shameful or embarrassing manner. At times like these some pilots would even have the urge to punch their monitor. However, my faith in the human race convinces me that most won't do that. Statistics aren't helping with this anger issue. Don't misunderstand: statistics don't worsen the situation either. In fact, Statistics are great for showing off if they're good stats. However, statistics can also irritate people and destroy their enthusiasm if their stats are beyond repair. Not everyone cares about personal statistics, of course. I assume to them, statistics are just sets of numbers. Statistics are not just sets of numbers: they're sets of numbers that determine whether you're a skillful warrior or a terrible fighter. Statistics are no different from the report cards you get at high school. I was done with high school six months ago, and grades are nothing more than playing risk with one's emotions.

I know what some of you are going to say: "If you hate statistics so much, why don't you just stop looking at your statistics?" That's easier said than done, my friends. The very knowledge of knowing that these personal statistics exist drives me crazy. That's why this option should be implemented. I would say more, but I've already said so much ._.

#2 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

I can't wait until stats go public.

:P

#3 Velba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Your one of those "sensitive" types....

#4 Greglomaniac

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostVelba, on 20 December 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Your one of those "sensitive" types....

Indeed I am

#5 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostKingGreggules, on 20 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I know what some of you are going to say: "If you hate statistics so much, why don't you just stop looking at your statistics?" That's easier said than done, my friends. The very knowledge of knowing that these personal statistics exist drives me crazy. That's why this option should be implemented. I would say more, but I've already said so much ._.

Even if you could disable your stats, Ceiling Mech ™ would still watch you play and keep track of your losses - you know that, right? So, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. :P

#6 Greglomaniac

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 20 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Even if you could disable your stats, Ceiling Mech ™ would still watch you play and keep track of your losses - you know that, right? So, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. :P

Posted Image

#7 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have seen several games were some kind of stat deternins ones worth. Unfortunitly, it is the only option many have to guage ones skill without atcually witnessing it. However, people should not take statistics to seriusly. I have herd of many groups that test the person to guage thier worth. Instead of guageing it with some arbetrary numbers.

My personal stats are terrible. Mostly, with the way it is hard to do anything at less then 10 frames per second. When I get a better computer. This will improve, like the differance between night and day. So, I can sympathize with the OP. But, I also have no problem with explaing the reason for my stats. It may sound to them like excuses. But, it's the truth and I'm sticking to it.

#8 Puppeteerxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Maybe not making stats public would keep people from Alt F4ing in their jenners when they're legged on Frozen city. Maybe it won't.

#9 LarkinOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Stats are never beyond repair.

#10 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostKingGreggules, on 20 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

"If you hate statistics so much, why don't you just stop looking at your statistics?" That's easier said than done, my friends. The very knowledge of knowing that these personal statistics exist drives me crazy. That's why this option should be implemented.

No. Because for every one of you that obsesses over your stats, there are ten of us that enjoy knowing how well we're doing.

Let me rephrase this using a different situation, and see if you still think your complaint sounds legit:
"If you hate alcohol so much, why don't you just stop drinking it?" That's easier said than done, my friends. The very knowledge that alcohol exists drives me crazy. That's why we should get rid of alcohol.

If you're going to answer, "But I just want the option," save your fingers the trouble. You already have the option. Don't log in and look. If they give you a disable/enable switch for viewing stats, you'll just be one step removed from doing the same thing.

Don't want them tracking your stats at all? Too ******* bad. They'll need a lot of them for the new matchmaking system, and the rest are the ones you shouldn't care about.

But why not add an option? Because they have six solid months of **** to accomplish. Everything from the netcode to the UI is a complete disaster, community warfare is serious business, the Clans are supposedly arriving in March, etc.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 04 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users