7 replies to this topic

#1 auniqueid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUSA east coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

also, looks like the ecm can be mounted in the yen-lo (it comes up as an option) in the head, but there's not enough slots... is this because I went with FF armor?

#2 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...dian-ecm-suite/

David Bradley said:

The ability to equip an ECM suite to a Mech will be limited to specific variants. At first, only the following variants will be ECM capable:
  • Commando COM-2D
  • Raven RVN-3L
  • Cicada CDA-3M
  • Atlas AS7-D-DC
As we add new Mechs into the game, some of them will be ECM capable, and we may even go back and reconsider existing Mechs deserving of the capability.

#3 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

LINK

The ability to equip an ECM suite to a Mech will be limited to specific variants. At first, only the following variants will be ECM capable:
  • Commando COM-2D
  • Raven RVN-3L
  • Cicada CDA-3M
  • Atlas AS7-D-DC
As we add new Mechs into the game, some of them will be ECM capable, and we may even go back and reconsider existing Mechs deserving of the capability.

#4 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostZynk, on 03 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

LINK
  • Commando COM-2D
  • Raven RVN-3L
  • Cicada CDA-3M
  • Atlas AS7-D-DC

Of these which will become the next Boogeyman? I think the Cicada is the odds on favorite, but a really good SRM pilot in a Raven might have some true tear inducing power.

#5 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

In short? Whichever one isn't being run by a PUG. Recognizing, counteracting, and toggling an ECM unit isn't the sort of thing you want to leave to typing! If you thought premades ruled it up over puggers to begin with, this tech will ultimately shift the balance even further away from the disorganized group.

#6 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Heh, hope the patch tomorrow addresses the fact that ECM is set to take up 2 slots, and is only equippable in my Atlas' head. Which has one slot, of course, because it's a head...

#7 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

No, not really. Since matchmaking is heading towards grouping premades with premade etc.

I think the Atlas wins this one, i have a D-DC which will have ECM, BAP, AMS, Gauss, LRM, Lasers and a hell of a lot of armor.. ..now since you cant get an easy missile lock on me and i can pick out your non ecm protected mechs early with my BAP... ..bonza!!!

#8 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

i pilot ravens but i got the atlas dc for ecm
i dont like the raven 3L

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users