#21 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostMerovigian, on 27 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

Not when they're bots made to look up and shoot everything.

Right, but bots adapt a lot quicker than devs.
I bet it takes less than a hour to adjust the scripts.

#22 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

You'll have to program a script that lets you go, without slamming into a wall, from either side, into a place that, on every map, is a hotspot for crossfire.
It's no small task. We might have a while before that.
>Make a captcha required to exit lockdown at the start of the match.

#23 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

this is a fantasy solution. i've seen guys alpha and die in literally under 10 seconds from when the match starts. you won't even be able to target them that fast

#24 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

I've only had problems when it was a Laserback or Awesome using Flamers and/or ER.
Shoot the side torso with everything. Knowing which side takes out the most and go after it first.
Then do the other one.
Very quick and simple.
Admittedly, not if you're LRM boating.
An LRM boat won't do much at all at the start anyway.
No getting around that. I've actually started fighting more direct-fire battles as a result.
Plenty of fun still to be had that way.
However; the lack of teammates is one thing that stings bad if it's an assault. :(
Everyone DOES seem to worry less about TKing though, a side effect of the times, I guess.
Of course, I do usually quickly make messages about bots so they know I'm not a TKer.
No reason to be.
It's expensive and dumb.
Xanthous gambit it ain't.

The x was a hard one guys. I feel proud of this.

#25 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yes there has been a huge rise in this. PGI needs to get on the case now. 90% of the matches I played in today featured at least one of these suiciders.

Solution?

Simple. If you kill yourself or run out of bounds you get 0 C-Bills, 0-XP.

#26 SaXoN UK1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGod's own County

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Ban everyone and then arrange face to face interview's with everyone who wants to play. That way you know if they are real. Or instigate perma-death. Once you die you are dead and can't play any more. Ever.

Alternatively address the grind that is forcing people to do this in the first place, as well as except there will always be farmers in games like these.

#27 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

And how, pray tell, will we get these face-to-face interviews?

#28 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ban everyone and then arrange face to face interview's with everyone who wants to play. That way you know if they are real. Or instigate perma-death. Once you die you are dead and can't play any more. Ever.

Alternatively address the grind that is forcing people to do this in the first place, as well as except there will always be farmers in games like these.

Ah looks like we have found another one. Hows that script working?

#29 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostMerovigian, on 27 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

And how, pray tell, will we get these face-to-face interviews?

Garth will fix it.

#30 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

You guys know that we shouldn't have threads floating around that present "solutions" to Farming in the form of shooting your teammates, right?

(Edit, typo - I just got done going over a TK thread, so I acccidenatlly typed "Team Killing" in stead of "Farming")

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#31 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostJavin, on 27 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Yes I have noticed a massive increase in suicide botters so they can make money. They do not care if they die because they bring in a cheap mech with no arms and missing a leg and get full money win or lose.

A solution might be: Code in if a player kills himself he/she get no C bills. Quick and easy solution.

Self suicides or no weapon damage should result in zero xp unless capture of enemy base. Would be nearly that easy to add. This would fix it because no one would be getting a free ride any more.

#32 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Killing teammates wasn't the issue of the OP.
Evidence of a strong suicide bot presence is.
Viable solutions do not include reporting.
In one instance, they advertise their bot and links where to get it, but for is own anonymity we must not say who publicly.
Nonsense.
A suicide botter is best dealt with by maiming the 'mech.
Not killing it. That leads to your own loss; while the team's just as short as it will be without interference
Can't get a posthumous participation payout if you're alive when you disconnect.
Helping that result along, removing their way to die in 20 seconds.
Or, we can just let it go and let them keep doing it.
Reporting does nothing, and some of them are getting brazen with this knowledge and gloat in their success.

You know, ********** ****, you're missing the point of my statement. I know team killing is a stupid endeavour, and when I go about my cash deterrent, I get accused of TK once in a blue moon. I give a quick explanation and move along away. If that's not good enough they get the TK penalty and I say YOLO at them.
If they kill me for my actions, their pars are too weak.

And I, rather uniquely of anyone else who whines about the farmbots, am offering an actual possible solution that can be done right now by the players. Not a "I think it should be like this" or "The devs should X". Screw reporting them to the Devs, it'll do nothing. Take action yourself and you'll contribute to the chemo rather than the cancer.
I swear this fanbase is as ******** as Gaia Online sometimes.

Edited by Merovigian, 27 November 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#33 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Right now, going out of bounds nets you zilch for the match.

If you see someone deliberately Suicide by overheat, then report their name, the map, the time and data (and timezone) to either <support@mwomercs.com> or report them from their profile page using the "Report Player" function.

People who shoot Suicide Farmers are subjecting themselves to be reported for TK by other players, or even the Farmers, themselves, so just keep that in mind.

Edit - Also, wounding a farmner lets the enemy kill them just the same, and they will get a full pay-out; it'll take them a few minutes longer to get killed, that's true, but after the match they can Report the shooter for firing upon the team, and if they back it with a screenshot then it looks bad for the anti-farmer in question.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#34 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 27 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

You guys know that we shouldn't have threads floating around that present "solutions" to Farming in the form of shooting your teammates, right?

(Edit, typo)

We shouldn't have a situation where the community doesn't trust the developers to properly police the game, either.

#35 bogmali

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

We shouldn't have a situation where the community doesn't trust the developers to properly police the game, either.

This!

#36 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 27 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

What has warranted our trust? If anything PGI has shown us they can't be trusted.

#37 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 27 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

(Edit, typo - I just got done going over a TK thread, so I acccidenatlly typed "Team Killing" in stead of "Farming")

why not? there are at least 2 up right now suggesting TKing as a solution to AFKers, or even to people who are slow to load or slow to leave base

#38 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostJavin, on 27 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Yes I have noticed a massive increase in suicide botters so they can make money.

I haven't - do you have any numbers how often this happens in your matches or is this just a sentiment? Up till now and since OB start I've only had 7 matches where some dude ran off into fiery death.

#39 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostJason1138, on 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

why not? there are at least 2 up right now suggesting TKing as a solution to AFKers, or even to people who are slow to load or slow to leave base

The reason why we should not be posting topics proposing the killing/shootin of teammates, or be performing these acts personally, is because we all signed electronic documentation during the account-creation process promising to abide by the MechWarrior: Online Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Acting in open defiance of these rules makes one subject to admnistrative actions. This includes Suicide Farmers, TKers, and people who make forum posts advodating either of those acts while knowing it's a ToU/CoC violation.

I am happy to see a large number of people who all agree that Suicide Farming is bad, but it's one of those problems we'll have to settle with non-e-violence. I know, for a fact, that not all Farmers get reported because people think it's a fruitless exercise, and that's just the same as people who complain about election results after not voting. Please, if you see a Suicide Farmer (or even a TKer) then report them and encourage your teammates to report them as well because duplicate reports can offer verifications of authenticity.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#40 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

All we need is our own little name and shame forum that can not be touched by the mods here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users