Joining The Faction

47 replies to this topic

#21 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostMelthir, on 09 December 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

First off breathe its a game not worth getting mad over. Second facts are straight the posting style of houseliao.com is rp and its not a bad thing you seem to be thinking.

I'm not getting mad I just don't see why we have to get called out on our own forums. We must have very different ideas about RP, because the only RP aspect to the site is the ranking structure and some of the announcements. That's literally just about it. We have a closed off section for members only that includes threads about Mech tactics, Map strategies, general gameplay etc. I assuming you don't have access to it because there is nothing RP about it.

The fact of the matter is you are not the definitive house liao community by numbers your one of the smaller ones the bar is pretty high on that. Once again that's not a bad thing as you all enjoy playing together. The thing is is that you are representing yourself as the whole of the house liao community and making announcements as such on the only "official" forums for the game and that's just wrong. Talk about how to illegitimate a group of people. And its not accidental it is deliberate choice made by the people who are posting it, they know better.

We are the largest MWO Liao community (barring Lowtax). Should have clarified that, apologies.

Also read what I said about in the forums vs drops. Again it is100% accurate. houseliao.com post are generally made in a RP style your drops are free from it as far as I have seen. Also as to my original post about tourney play. You do not participate in community tourneys to represent House Liao the only members of House Liao to do so so far it the Word of Lowtax. Once again that is not a bad thing either as it is a game and people have real life responsibilities that take precedence over a game. This is healthy and good.

Still don't know where you're getting this idea we are majority RP, I honestly don't see it. Regardless, we don't participate as House Liao any more, it's up to the inidividual units to represent themselves in tourneys. Some of our units are smaller than others, it takes a while to get the numbers and skill to say "we're ready for tournaments".

Nothing I have said here is belittling anyone far from it. I'm actually saying that you guys are all right if some one wants to play with a group that post in a RP style on there forums that i visit almost daily. Im also saying you guys are a casual group of people that don't play in tourneys or at least not yet. That is all. I hope after reading this that you are able to calm down and understand our point of veiw in that blindly directing people to houseliao.com if they want to play the liao faction is a rather silly thing to do as not all are welcomed there, in fact many have been made to feel very unwelcome.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on some points. We just want to consolidate as much of House Liao's MWO fighting power as we can, it's in the best interests of the faction, that's what I feel anyway. We aren't a casual group we are a collection of quite a few different groups, some of which are casual, others more hardcore. I can't recall any time we have ever made anyone feel unwelcome on here, except for Lowtax perhaps, but we tend to stay out each other's way these days.

Can you not see it is a better thing for Liao players to fly under one flag rather than pug it out there on their own? If they aren't on HouseLiao.com where are they supposed to organise themselves?

Edited by Balls of Steele, 09 December 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#22 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

So what your saying is that 95% of the people who are playing the Liao faction are not welcome on houseliao.com why would i recommend players go there. Really i'm not trying to troll. That is absurd that you would make such a large group of people feel that unwelcome just so someone can maintain their position of power. Seriously we have 1500 active members and at least that many that that are waiting to see if community warfare is any good.

Its actually good to hear that you have broken up into smaller groups hopefully you can now make your own decisions about who is in charge and new life had been breathed into the houseliao.com community. It needed it.

Speaking of smaller groups please have the leaders log on here and tell us about themselves and what there groups represent so it becomes a transparent system rather that a join first ask questions later setup. The vast majority of the new player base has no idea that there are sub units in houseliao.com and it would be informative for those people to know what they are sighing up for.

Edited by Melthir, 09 December 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#23 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Wow what? Where did we say any where that anyone was unwelcome? Seriously, point me to it, I want to see where you're getting this from. I'm not being sarcastic, honestly, I'm just curious why you think 95% of Liao players are somehow unwelcome. We don't discriminate, at all. Anyone who is Liao is welcome on HouseLiao.com, heck if you're a friendly merc or a Kuritan or Marik you're welcome on the site. If you're reffering to Lowtax then they are in no way unwelcome, we have Lowtax members on site and they are amongst the highest quality contributors. Hell the Liao TS server is run by a WoL member.

You are right, we should be advertising our units more. My unit, the Preston's Lancers, aren't allowed to recruit on these forums since we are technically not an official Liao unit. We have to set up shop in the merc recruiting section, which is pointless as we are looking for Liao players only and can't get a single response there. What's more is the same restrictions aren't enforced on the other Houses. I can see at least three such recruting threads on the Davion forums and three on Kuritan and that's just at a glance. Why the hell do we have to recruit in the merc corp while they are allowed to post in their own forums? It's double standards in action, completely absurd.

#24 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Murphy's law and the Skye Rangers both recruit on both the Steiner forums and the merc forums. I mentioned that once and RAM got mad at me...

Edited by dal10, 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#25 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 09 December 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

I can't recall any time we have ever made anyone feel unwelcome on here, except for Lowtax perhaps, but we tend to stay out each other's way these days.

#26 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

But we reconciled, I was there, I helped make it happen. If it's come to blows again (which I feel it hasn't) then I'll do what I can to make it stop.

#27 Coolwhoami

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 09 December 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

You are right, we should be advertising our units more. My unit, the Preston's Lancers, aren't allowed to recruit on these forums since we are technically not an official Liao unit. We have to set up shop in the merc recruiting section, which is pointless as we are looking for Liao players only and can't get a single response there.

Who is stopping you? It seems weird to me that a group external to this forum is preventing your lance from recruiting here, especially considering that you are specifically looking for Liao people.

#28 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostCoolwhoami, on 09 December 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Who is stopping you? It seems weird to me that a group external to this forum is preventing your lance from recruiting here, especially considering that you are specifically looking for Liao people.

I should clarify: the mods on these forums have disallowed our unit from recruiting on these forums, except for in the merc corp. We are no different from other player-run groups yet have to suffer this restriction. I think it was to have a unified policy since Lowtax also can't recruit on these forums, although I'm not sure if that's because they are technically seen as mercs too or because of moderator bias. Regardless of the circumstances it is blatant double standards.

Believe me we've tried and are still trying to appeal.

Edited by Balls of Steele, 09 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#29 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 09 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I should clarify: the mods on these forums have disallowed our unit from recruiting on these forums, except for in the merc corp. We are no different from other player-run groups yet have to suffer this restriction. I think it was to have a unified policy since Lowtax also can't recruit on these forums, although I'm not sure if that's because they are technically seen as mercs too or because of moderator bias. Regardless of the circumstances it is blatant double standards.

Mr. Balls of Steele:

We here at the Word of Lowtax choose to not recruit on these forums. The methods involved in recruiting are somewhat beyond the scope of this forum.

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your post. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment electrons and appreciate that you're spending your posts on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future electron spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bro-Bots with Mech Romney, Member of the 53%
Commissioner of Entertainment Electrons
A [REDACTED] Asset
Oft Imitated, Never Duplicated
Crackin' Turtles since 3049
Master of the Trial of Walter
Marik Militia Masher
'Mechstradamus
Campaigning in the Inner Sphere for a better Capella
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis
Podcasting Propaganda Information directly to your Neurohelmet 24/7/365
ilKhan of Clan Moderator-in-Exile
"The Goonders"
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#30 Coolwhoami

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 09 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Believe me we've tried and are still trying to appeal.

A brief perusal of other faction pages appear to show recruitment on those subforums. Is this all mods, or was it specific mods that told you this was not allowed?

#31 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostAnders, on 09 December 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Thankyou.

View PostCoolwhoami, on 09 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

A brief perusal of other faction pages appear to show recruitment on those subforums. Is this all mods, or was it specific mods that told you this was not allowed?

It was a moderator decision based on a report made to them. We were informed by one specific mod, but that doesn't preclude it being a joint decision between mods as I honestly don't know what kind of system they have in place.

#32 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 08 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

You need to get your facts straight, badly. Some of our more vocal members do RP, but the vast majority of us - literally +90% - are dropping regularly and are in this for the game and for House Liao. We are not the official House Liao in-game faction as it simply doesn't exist yet. But the same goes for the Marik, Davion, Steiner, Kurita and Rasalhague groups out there.

housekurita.org aren't the in-game Kurita either, but you don't see people deliberately pointing that out on their forums. I don't give a sh*t who is "official" or not, by going around and saying "these guys aren't official House Liao" you are deliberately trying to illegitimise what is bar none the definitive House Liao community. Even if you disagree with that, the fact is we are made up of pro-Liao pilots exclusively and by trying to illegitimise that group you are hurting your faction.

Stop trying to belittle the people who are on *your* faction. These are guys that are on *your* side, stop being stupid.

We have a ton of units, some casual, some serious. If you are Liao there is plenty for you to find on HouseLiao.com

Very well said Balls and right to the heart of it. You are 100% correct and I really care not what other negative things are said. You have nailed it and no one can legitimately argue your point. Once the factions are introduced, everybody will finally see who IS truly House Liao.

#33 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostFireBerretta, on 09 December 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Very well said Balls and right to the heart of it. You are 100% correct and I really care not what other negative things are said. You have nailed it and no one can legitimately argue your point. Once the factions are introduced, everybody will finally see who IS truly House Liao.

May I present to you example one of people who go out of there way to make others feel unwelcome. Last I heard houseliao.com had divided into separate groups, why would you try to kick the hornets nest of lumping all the groups togeather again.

Go beat your chest some where else or state something in a constructive fashion. Your statement shows the narrowness of your mind. This thread is not about who is House Liao but about groups within House Liao. The only House Liao is on these forums. Everyone else is just a part of it no mater what they may think.

If you have a specific group for the OP to join make your case. Or something constructive to add about a group. If not get out.

Edited by Melthir, 09 December 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#34 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostMelthir, on 09 December 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

May I present to you example one of people who go out of there way to make others feel unwelcome. Last I heard houseliao.com had divided into separate groups, why would you try to kick the hornets nest of lumping all the groups togeather again.

Go beat your chest some where else or state something in a constructive fashion. Your statement shows the narrowness of your mind. This thread is not about who is House Liao but about groups within House Liao. The only House Liao is on these forums. Everyone else is just a part of it no mater what they may think.

If you have a specific group for the OP join make your case. If not get out.

did you know beating your chest increases blood flow actually making you stronger?

Edited by dal10, 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#35 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Postdal10, on 09 December 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

did you know beating your chest increases blood flow actually making you stronger?

It can also cause lacerations to the skin and if done hard enough broken bones, if you miss you chest and hit yourself in the neck it can also cause connective tissue damage. The things you know.

Edited by Melthir, 09 December 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#36 Tyene

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

I'll say this again. The website known as House Liao is a conglomeration of units that want to fight for House Liao. We grouped together to bring some organization for ourselves. The invitation is extended to others who enjoy House Liao (The faction) for whatever reason. Even inside our website, the elected leaders don't run around telling us what to do. At no point have members from the Website House Liao stated that it is central command, in charge of every Liao player on earth, or attempting to do so. When someone is promoted to leader/ high rank on the website, nobody is saying that this "leader" is now in charge of every Liao player under the sun. Just those of us who have chosen to group together. If you want yourself or your group to remain independant, fine. It makes you no less Liao. If you want to join up on the website for some organization and opportunities for some great drops (No matter what the subtle trolls say the website is hardly RP.), the splendid. And even if you don't join you can still try to work together with us, because you know.. its a game in the end. So. At this point, if someone starts screeching about how we are being dicks for organizing ourselves, and insisting that we are trying to enforce something, anything, on non members of the website... then you will have seen some one go full ******. Or trolling.

Addendum/TL;DR : We alone are not House Liao. We are some units who love house liao, and we grouped ourselves together booohoo.

Edited by Tyene, 10 December 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#37 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Ok, as you refused to play nicely I have to do it: I am the biggest Liao faction and I welcome no one. Period!

And no TV for you, young man!

#38 Tyene

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

^_^ Not even a little tv?

#39 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 10 December 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Ok, as you refused to play nicely I have to do it: I am the biggest Liao faction and I welcome no one. Period!

And no TV for you, young man!

meh I don't watch TV anyway, so oh well

#40 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Just curious who has been a **** because you organized?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users