15 replies to this topic

#1 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

In a different soon to be deleted thread the question came up about the suicide farmer fix that went in a while ago. The fix was for running out of bounds not overheating. When pgi fixes the overheating suicide exploit then another one will crop up to take its place. Grind is not the problem. Any currency based game will have people trying to bot. The only way to combat this for pvp is to eliminate rewards for a loss, and instead base rewards strictly on performance. The bonus for a win can stay, but the difference between losing, and winning can be just the extra bonus for a win, then normalize performance based rewards to match about the same gain as we have now.

#2 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Reposted as I suspect like op the other thread will go away pretty quickly:

So when matchmaking begins to take into account skill vs skill, will these issues go away (or at least relegated to matches were the winner was the team that couldn't suicide the fastest?). That would be an interesting and amusing solution.

#3 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Fix this devs.....stop the hero mechs/paint....work on the real problems PLEASE!

#4 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Problem is that penalises new and casual pug players the most.

#5 1RCapcom

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDenver, Co

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

just make is so dmg has to be given in a round to earn any points,
then they have to target someone, they have to shoot..
run out of bounds all you want, if you dont target and shoot and get atleast 1dmg pt.. no pts for u,

#6 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

If they implement pay to complete tutorials then performance based rewards being low for beginners could be off set a bit by this. Plus it would get beginners into a mech a little quicker. I still think the trials have merit, but a little leg up for the first mech wouldnt be tragic. The chronic suicide farmers are not new. At least in terms of account age.

#7 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have fixes listed here:

How To Reduce The Grind And Create A Great New User Experience

yes, get rid of the win/loss bonus and rebalance the reward system.

#8 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Reducing the grind for new players will have zero effect on cbill farmers.

#9 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

The simplest fix is to lock ALL the trial mechs if one is still in a match......it makes it so that suicide grinding takes as long as playing normally...Solved.

#10 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 28 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

The simplest fix is to lock ALL the trial mechs if one is still in a match......it makes it so that suicide grinding takes as long as playing normally...Solved.

You could still suicide grind in purchased mechs by simply not repairing between matches.

The simple fix would be to lock all mechs during the time any mech is in a match, or remove cbill payout entirely for any suicide (latter idea still leaves suicide by opfor as a loophole)

#11 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Not even close to fixed, just longer.
They use a bot and when they wake up they just have less money.

View PostSpiralRazor, on 28 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

removing win/loss bonus and rebalancing rewards is the only real basic answer.

#12 Matte Black

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Once the skill based matchmaker is functioning all these scrubs will just be put in low skill games with nubs that can use them as training dummies.

I do not understand why anyone would play a game to "not actually play the game" seems very silly to me.

#13 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

..and it will l destroy the game experience for new players = sad panda.
... because the grind is so grindy (and people are stoopid), which needs to be fixed ala:

How To Reduce The Grind And Create A Great New User Experience

View PostMatte Black, on 28 November 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Once the skill based matchmaker is functioning all these scrubs will just be put in low skill games with nubs that can use them as training dummies.

I do not understand why anyone would play a game to "not actually play the game" seems very silly to me.

Edited by Taryys, 28 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#14 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostMatte Black, on 28 November 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

I have never understood it either, but as long as they make money, at what ever insignificant rate they can then they will. Its not a new player issue.

#15 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

The real issue is a repair bill.
It negates all my income. What is there reason to repair, bills are almost higher than a lose reward? Playing just to lose money on repair - it is not what i want.

Yep, I'm a puger, i have no much time to find a group to play with so lose is a common situation.
It is normal for me. Suiciders are helping in this. But i do not really care, I used to it.
But when after this this i see my repair bill i just what to become one of this suiciders or whatever. (I'm playing without premium now).

Am i have to use trial mech just to buy next mech that i want? Because repairing my own mech leaves me almost with nothing.
Or am i have to play only my janner without any upgrades just to save some money?

It is not fun, totally not fun. Repair bills - they're real ruiners of the game.

Edited by Vovochka404, 28 November 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#16 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Easy fix: get rid of trial mechs, give each new account one mechbay and 10,000,000 cbills along with a mechlab and piloting tutorial. This will stop sucide farming and will make the people who think trial mechs are unfair happy as well as make anyone else who reads the forum happy, because they won't have to read about these issues.

Edited by quasihuman, 28 November 2012 - 02:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users