Ask the Devs 2!

81 replies to this topic

#61 The Bounty Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Runnin' Game

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

The Bounty Hunter would like to know if you have gotten further in the detailing of what a Lone Wolf will and will not be able to do? The info on the Lone Wolf role still seems to be influx and sparse. Thank you very much.

~ Coolant Flush Technician

#62 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

So far we have two jumpers, the Jenner and the Catapult. What are the chances we will see more? I only ask because we're already ten in.

#63 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 10 May 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Thanks!

NP buddy, happy to point you in the right direction :D

#64 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Do you have an estimate to announce on when we will hear an announcement, one way or another, on the status of the Unseen/Reseen?

#65 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Can you discuss the reason behind the ranges that are currently being used for weapons? Apparently it's a big deal and some reasoning behind it might help to quell the Nerd Rage de la semaine.

What's the cycle for bug fix/new content release going to look like for BETA? Will you concentrate on mostly bug fixes with very little new content (since Clan invasion will be coming up).

Will you publish a soft list of features you want to get in for BETA (or at least the order of those features)?

Can we limit repeat questions in this thread and simply vote with likes, so the more likes a question has, the more chance we have of getting it answered?

(just a thought to keep thread post count down to something easily managable).

Thanks!

Edited by Kaemon, 10 May 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#66 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

HI :D

Can you please (and feel free to be specific here) clue us in to the "cost factor" involved here? i think I speak for most, in that, it's not going to matter much, I simply want to play, but it would be nice to know the figurative cost of items or spifs within the game itself. We know the game will be F2P but I would love to see a listing of the "associated" costs of doing business in this universe.

Sincerely
Lpmagic!!!!

#67 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Will there be day/night cycles in maps or just some nighttime maps?

I can imagine, under a half moon, certain engagements could look incredibly immersive with good lighting effects, explosions and glowing hot mechs.
Maybe certain modules can be specifically developed for nighttime skirmishes to aid in team intel in low vis.
Tactics could change quite a bit. Furthermore, a few pitch black alleyways/valleys could be quite scary/fun to traverse. :D

Edited by MadBoris, 10 May 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#68 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Can we pretty please with coolant on top get some info on how exactly we Merc Corp folks will be handling our metagame interactions? Specifically things like do Merc Corps have a collection of 'Mechs the unit maintains and our pilot members use, or do players bring their own personal 'Mechs to official Merc drops for planetary control? As you must sign up as merc, faction or lone wolf, can people that sign up as Merc join house drops on their own (to gain experience with the game, test load outs and tactics, and have fun) or will a group of Merc players have to band together and accept some type of mini-contract from the game servers to go on a house drop?

It is difficult to form our internal command structure as a merc unit without knowing what game related actions a merc unit will need to take within the MWO system to function as a merc unit.

Or if there will not be mercs in open beta then fine, just tell us so we stop trying to guess what functions we need people to be in charge of for MWO.

As merc units actively recruit non BattleTech fans to join our outfits and play on-line games with us (bringing in new customers for MWO that might not have wandered into the game on their own) we could use a little love in the form of some solid information about our role in the MWO metagame system.

#69 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Here goes:

1. Will omni tech allow people to equip any weapon type in the mechlab?
2. Will we be able to change the mechlab background? Or will this depend on where you are?
3. How will the metagame work? Is it going to be like Star Trek Online (I personally like the approach they took)?

#70 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Will i be able to view what mechs my team is piloting before i drop so i know what i should be?

if every ones an Atlas im going to pilot a Cicada.......also means everyone on my teams Steiner :D

Also something ive been wondering about, when a mech goes critical will i be damaged if im near him?

#71 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

1) What kind of live team-led events are you all dreaming up and how are you going to ensure that those events happen on a regular basis across the Inner Sphere? For example
- A new mech prototype is being tested on Hesperus II. The faction or unit that wins combat on this planet will get exclusive access to this chassis for one month (this would also work with equipment or weapons).
- You could do something similar with a found Star League Cache

2) If I'm Liao and I want to attack a planet waaayy deep in Kurita space, what could stop me from doing so? Can I only attack planets adjacent to my own worlds or can I attack any planet in the Inner Sphere?

#72 R Type

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Will MWO support 3D monitors and video cards, glasses, etc.?

#73 Tadakuma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi I noticed from the original answer that there was a large amount of lostech scheduled to be in the game at launch.

Given that some of these item, like double heat sinks, can represent a serious balance issue are you going to need to regulate access to them in anyway?

#74 Lothahnus

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi,

In Mechwarrior 3 you could snipe the pilot in the cockpit and get a one hit kill but you could only do this in zoom mode and usually only succeeded if the mech was stationary. My question is, Will there be critical shots? and in one hit kills if the shot is perfectly aimed?

In MW4 they did away with this and made the fighting more generic as in the hits only accounts for amount of damage in that area and not the precision of the shot.

How is MWO damage different and what paramiters if any will you use to determine how much damage and/if it will be considered a crit hit?

Thanks

Chris

#75 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Will hits be determined by "bounding spheres" or by point of impact?

Edited by Suicidal Idiot, 10 May 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#76 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Will standing in flames heat up the mech?

Will rocks or building floors above falling on you damage your mech?

#77 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

My 1st set of questions relate to the map / battlefield sizes as I hope the maps are large enough to develop plenty of strategy but not so big as to having to hunt way more than fight. If this is going to be 1 life or set limited lives, the sweet spot of map sizes need critical attention in my opinion.

-Approximately what will the average size of the battlefield maps be?
-Can you give a list of maps and sizes currently being tested or created?
-How many do you expect to launch with Beta?
-Any favorites?

My 2nd set is generally about live feeding. In League of Legends and Dota 2 you can actually in game see a list of current games and can spectate the live action.

-Will MWO: Mercs have any sort of spectating feature?
- If so will it have "Directed" Cameras or Independant (free roaming spectator controlled)?
-Will players in the game or spectators have the ability to download replays?
-Will spectators be allowed to type to each other or those involved in battle or those who have died and waiting for the battle to end?

Thank you for your time, my first time asking directly any questions. If you do answer my questions feel free to edit my post as you see fit to answer :P

Edited by OnLashoc, 10 May 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#78 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

A quick question and a few big ones:

Quick question: Have there been any decisions made on bringing in 'mechs like the Bushwacker, Thanatos, etc into the game earlier than the 5-20 years we'd need to wait at a pure 1-1 timescale? If so, what's the decision?

Big questions: The metagame. While I'm very excited about the actual fighting, there's been very little information on the metagame released for a long time. What bonuses to do Mercenary Corporations get for controlling tertiary planets? Are these planet specific, or can the corp spend it's money to upgrade the planet? Do MercCorps have a shared bank account? What bonuses do players get for playing for a specific faction? It's mentioned that some equipment will be hard to acquire - does this mean more expensive or will players need to actually achieve certain goals to gain access to them? Cash economy - how is real world money being implemented? Any news on what we can buy, specifically, yet?

I have many, many more questions, but to wrap up, any information about the metagame that you can feed me tell us would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#79 Kiyoshi Amaya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 366 posts
  • LocationWaiting for PVE Co-op

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

An environmental question, just out of interest...

I noticed in the IGN videos that the trees weren't affected by the hunchback with flamers, and seemed to be immune to lasers, ballistics and missiles as well.
Will certain environmental objects be subject to collateral damage?
(I'm sure this has been asked before but can't seem to find the answer).

#80 Deeth

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCumbria united kingdom

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hiya

I'm sorry if these has been asked before but.......

The way I understand things at the moment are we join a House or become Merc's, the Houses fight over planets in the inner sphere and the Merc's fight over the ones in the outskirts, my question is does this mean that House's and Merc's don't meet in battle ? Or do the Merc's get contracts from House's to fight in the inner sphere ?

Just on a side note thanks for all the info your providing and I can't wait to strap a Mech on and get my *** kicked ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users