Lb-10X Ac Vs Ac 10

78 replies to this topic

Poll: LB vs AC10 (319 member(s) have cast votes)

LB vs AC10

1. Voted LB (171 votes [51.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.51%

2. AC10 (161 votes [48.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

As medium, I use the LBX for 3 reasons.
1 Weight, that 1 ton makes a big difference when I only have 13 or 14 tons for the slot and I'd like to have 45 shots.
2 Accuracy, I have none. Moving at 97 or 106 (300 or 330XL) Kph, jumping over a target and trying to hit him is hard. So when I do shoot, I'm usually in MPL range and I like to shove the barrel right into the targets guts, fire, and jump out of his field of fire.
3 If I do have the tonnage for an AC10, ie SHD 3M (2B slots) or WVR 6R (2B slots) I prefer to fit in 2 x AC2s instead,

#42 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostInfavol, on 28 November 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

pros and cons of each?

Depends on the purpose of the build. I once ran, rather successfully, a JM6-DD with one of each. The AC for pinpoint shots at medium range, and the LB for close-range and lights.

There are pros and cons to each. The strengths, as I see it:

LB10X-better chance to do SOME damage, MAJOR crit seeker, accuracy less of a problem
AC10-better damage focusing, occasional one-shot killer deeper into the match, better performer at far end of the range

I've taken shots at over 300m with the LB, which were dead-on, and not a single projectile hit. I've taken those same shots and had all ten on-target. It's a die roll.

The all-or-nothing of the AC10 can be frustrating against fast-moving targets, though, and you get a little better chance to get SOME damage with the LB, at the price of likely not getting all your 10 damage from it.

If the role is brawling, it's a toss-up. For a light-hunting SHD build, LB10X is my choice. For a non-derp JM6, though, I prefer the AC10.

In the end, it's up to your role and your tastes and your skills. Neither is a BAD weapon, and neither is necessarily the obvious choice.

#43 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I can't get away from the LBX. It's just more fun to use for me and that's that.

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

pros and cons of each?

The comparison.
Info: Heat. Range. Slots. Tons. Specialty.
AC/10. 3.00 | 450. | 7. | 12. | Pinpoint (MWO).
LB/10-x. 2.00 | 540. | 6. | 11. | High Crit Bonuses (MWO).

The following is not yet implemented and will never be implemented without repair and rearm.
Quirks:
AC/10. Uses several ammunition types.

List and prices per ton.

• Standard 10,000
  • Armor-Piercing 40,000
  • Flechette 15,000
  • Incendiary 20,000
  • Precision 60,000
LB/10-x. Uses only Cluster Rounds and standard AC/10 ammunition.

Notes:
Under repair and rearm (Paul did state in one of the last AtDs that it is on the backburner to be reconsidered after Community Warfare is released and "not off the table."), the LB/10-x costs considerably more to repair due to its LostTech nature.
AC/10 costs less, but given its larger slot size it is easier to 'destroy'.

Edit: Disclaimer: Prices pulled off of Sarna are not likely to be the same as prices in MWO when the ammunition is finally made available.

Edited by Koniving, 13 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#45 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Don't forget the LB10X's higher projectile speed (according to the all-knowing Smurfy, 1100 to the AC10's 950), and its lesser heat per-second. In a heat-conscious build, all else being equal, the LB10X offers that little advantage as well. It comes a little closer to pairing with the AC5 for projectile speed (1300) than does the AC10, too. Neither pairs very well with any other ballistic. That's kinda important when trying to track on a moving target--the greater difference in projectile speed, the more one needs to change his lead distance to keep rounds on target.

#46 Syndrome Stoned

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

The LBX is for close range and i love it, but i use it like that, my hunchback has a max engine in it so it runs at 98kph making it easy to get up close and on the back side of mechs where my lbx cant hit one area because im right up on that mech, but i have another hunchback thats slower and carries an AC10, they are both good weapons, for different roles, i use mine as intended, also it seems like my LBX10 range mod seems to have tightened the spread at around 300 to 370 meters, making it easier to hit the areas i want with out much dmg loss wile im closing in to punch holes

and BTW the LBX10 has a much lower cycle speed and nearly no heat compared to the other AC weapons

Edited by Syndrome Stoned, 17 April 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#47 Clogsman

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

Well, AC10 is my favourite weapon in the game so.... ;)

#48 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

I've tried both, but as stated above, lighter weight, lower heat, and crit seeking ability makes the LB-10X my weapon of choice relative to the AC-10. With its spread it is also more forgiving if your aim is off (at least you'll do some damage). If I were a better shot, maybe my opinion would be different I suppose ;).

The difference between the ACs becomes more noticeable when you pair them up. A dual LB-10X mech can be an absolute meat (errr...metal) grinder, especially later in the match as the red team has shed some of its armor. Also you have 2 extra tons vs. dual AC-10 for whatever stirs your heart (more LB-10X ammo please).

My best success with the LB-10x is with the Firebrand and/or Jager-S. I run dual LB-10Xs and 4 MLs. Spam the LB-10s when they are far away, MLs and LB-10s as they close in, keep firing the LB-10s when you get hot from the MLs. You can pretty much fire the LB-10s continuously as the generate so little heat.

#49 Clogsman

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostSon of the Flood, on 19 April 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

I've tried both, but as stated above, lighter weight, lower heat, and crit seeking ability makes the LB-10X my weapon of choice relative to the AC-10. With its spread it is also more forgiving if your aim is off (at least you'll do some damage). If I were a better shot, maybe my opinion would be different I suppose ;).

The difference between the ACs becomes more noticeable when you pair them up. A dual LB-10X mech can be an absolute meat (errr...metal) grinder, especially later in the match as the red team has shed some of its armor. Also you have 2 extra tons vs. dual AC-10 for whatever stirs your heart (more LB-10X ammo please).

My best success with the LB-10x is with the Firebrand and/or Jager-S. I run dual LB-10Xs and 4 MLs. Spam the LB-10s when they are far away, MLs and LB-10s as they close in, keep firing the LB-10s when you get hot from the MLs. You can pretty much fire the LB-10s continuously as the generate so little heat.

Try running 2x AC10 and 4MLAS vs 2x LBX on a Catapult K2, IMO the LBX can't hold a candle to the accuracy of a regular AC10.

#50 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

LBX all the way for me ! ;)

#51 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

pros and cons of each?

there aren't really any cons because both are good, but here are the differences

ac/10, think rifle:
range
pinpoint damage means good for stripping armor
only one shell with an average crit multiplier vs internals

LBX/10, think shotgun:
easy to aim
spread damage means hard to miss and easy to wreck internals
each pellet has a chance for 2x damage vs internal

although now that i think about it, you can stack 2 lbx/10's in a side torso because they weigh 1 less ton and take up 1 less slot. However its an awfully lot of tonnage for a makeshift lbx/20 when you can have an ac/20 for 8 less tons. Then again 8 dps plus up to a 40 potential damage vs internals might just be worth the extra 8 tons. Just don't expect to be very speedy and survivable with two lbx 10's, you usually get one or the other (although if i could fit two lbx 10's effectively on a hunchback i would immediately do so)

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 April 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#52 Rei Fukai

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

With best ping > 150 - LBX is much more accurate. I find it hard to snipe "teleporting targets" at 450 meters range.

#53 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

pros and cons of each?

DAT AC10 breh, don't question it, JustDoIt™

#54 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

The LB10X is just better for my playstyle. I like brawling and snapshots.

For longer range shots I prefer the ac5 to the ac10.

And I love the Triple shotgun Ilya.

#55 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

View PostUrsh, on 15 May 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

The LB10X is just better for my playstyle. I like brawling and not aiming.

FTFY

#56 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

Good read thanks !

#57 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

AC10 is effective, LB10X is fuuuun. ;)

#58 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

It's worth pointing out that even on hot maps an LBX run's not only heat neutral but with you're actually still venting heat while keeping up a full rate of fire.

I can't tell you how many times I've cornered a narcoleptic hot running build on Terra Therma and had my way with it with a nonstop close range LBX barrage. Meanwhile they keep firing two medium lasers and shutting down halfway through the burn time.

Edited by Dago Red, 16 May 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#59 RLBell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

There are some niches where the LBX rocks-- you can fit two of them in the same side torso. It requires some compromises, but you can fit out many Atlas chassis with an over-and-under, double-barreled shotgun. For a drilling (twin rifle barrels) you are limited twin UAC/5's. Combining an AC/10 with a UAC/5 will fit, but, unless the weapons have identical projectile speeds, they do not work together at long range.

#60 Facetious

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Personally, just my opinion, I don't like the AC10. I find the range is too short and the projectile speed too low for a single shot weapon. Normally I will either spend extra tonnage to do two AC5s or I will save the tonnage and go LB-X. If I wanted a close range slugger I'd try to squeeze an AC20 in there.

The AC10 just seems like it is in that purgatory middle ground of nothing I want it to do.

Dual AC5s have been my weapon of choice on 4 or 5 different mechs, but I have had a ton of fun with an LB-X and two ERLL Thud as well. The AC10 and two ERLL shadowhawk I had to retire just because it was annoying me.

Edited by Facetious, 20 May 2014 - 10:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users