• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PoststVillain, on 30 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

LOL, CLAN fan-boys ahoy! jesus...

I honestly think that the biggest mistake for MWO will be to introduce clan battlemechs so quickly to this game. the awesome roll warfare that we currently enjoy will get dashed to ribbons when you can pilot 75 ton heavy mechs that cruise at a nice 90kph all day.

nothing like seeing teams of 8 TIMBER WOLVES. (not Madcats you schmucks.)

but all that aside.

in the blood of Kerensky novels it's not actually till 3051 that innerphere pilots actually get and use clan / clan equivalent tech. SO while maybe we'll see some dev controlled clan mechs. or maybe even some bot controlled clan mechs you wont be getting no grubby fingers on any clan tech till late next year or even middle of 2014.

enjoy that.

Who's to say we won't be able to change to clan houses instead of IS?

#142 h00n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PoststVillain, on 30 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

you wont be getting no grubby fingers on any clan tech till late next year or even middle of 2014.

enjoy that.

That sounds like a good reason to not play.

I'm not 40, my first exposure to BT was MW2 and I don't hold stupidity like the Griffin or Battle Master on a pedestal to gaze upon with my rose tinted glasses.

I want my Clan mechs. I want my walking pair of MRLS's with lasers. I want mechs that look like weapons of war, not men wearing space suits.

The artists have done a wonderful job representing some of the worst looking designs in gaming history. The developers have also done a wonderful job reminding me why I dislike most Inner Sphere designs.

#143 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

The thing about it is, the invasion of the IS proper (that is, not the Periphery) starts in March of 3050, and proceeds in several stages.

Notably, there is a one-year lull (from Oct. 31, 3050 to Nov. 3051) where the invasion is halted due to Tyra Miraborg's slaying of ilKhan Leo Showers.

What I would expect to happen is something along the lines of:
  • We initially see ISN posts in the announcement section about worlds falling to "mysterious invaders" and such. (March-April 2013)
  • We see the concept art reveals of the Invasion-era Clan OmniMechs. (March-July 2013, assuming 1-week intervals)
  • Later, we see ISN posts in the announcement section regarding key battles with the Clans (e.g. the fall of Trell I, the first and second Battles of Twycross, the fall of planet Rasalhague, etc), as well as more information about them. (April-October 2013)
  • We see PGI/IGP staff and their relations (e.g. "Friends and Family Beta" participants) appear in-game in Clan OmniMechs for special "Fight Against the Invaders!" events. (August-October 2013)
  • "Leo Showers is killed! Clans halt their advance and fortify holdings!"; separate Clan servers are set up and the general playerbase is allowed to create Clan accounts. (October-November 2013)
  • One year of isolated tech matches (Clan vs Clan, IS vs IS) allows both sides to practice with their available tech, establish units, and build up XP. (November 2013 - November 2014)
  • "Fifth wave of the Clan Invasion begins!"; Clan and IS players are able to fight against each other in Clan vs IS matches. (November 2014)
I think that such a plan would work in PGI's favor because it would allow them plenty of time and opportunity to create, observe, analyze. and adjust Clan-related content as needed.

Though, it should be noted that the above is my personal musing, and that I do not (currently) know how PGI will implement the Clan Invasion... :D

Your thoughts?

#144 OfTheDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

So when do I get my Mad Cat...

Spoiler

#145 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostOfTheDark, on 30 December 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

So when do I get my Mad Cat...

Spoiler

The Mad Cat (in its first five configurations) was among the original 16 Clan OmniMechs encountered in the first wave of the Clan Invasion.
Thus, it is likely that it will appear with the initial appearance of the Clans.

The Mad Cat Mk.II is a non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech where the original model makes its debut in 3066, the second variant comes into existence in 3069, and the third variant comes into existence in 3082.
Given the original model's late introduction date and the much later introduction date of its third variant (as three variants are needed for a 'Mech to work in MWO's XP system), it seems highly unlikely the Mad Cat Mk.II will be in MWO anytime soon... if ever.

#146 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hah hah, The MadCat MK II should be arround in 2029 if they stick to the day for day timeline LOLZ.

I imagine that if the game does well enough to last for a few years that they'll make some time jumps here and there.

#147 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

This is the wild mutterings of some news hound. Kerensky and his goons have been gone for many years and probably went into a black hole. This must be a NEWYEARS prank. There is nothing out there that is human. I would stake my life on it. Like last week someone said something about the Borg? They should put that guy away.

Edited by shotokan5, 30 December 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#148 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postrolly, on 29 November 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Lol. Wait. Do the folks in the Periphery have Jenners? Then we don't have to worry about the Clans invading. Our netcode, lagshielded- uber Small Laser/SSRM Min-maxed Jenner armies will stop them. :)

Sorry good ol' Nick Kerensky. We have you beat.

(Wait. Unless the Clans all have Jenner IIC's... then we're in trouble. j/k)

If they don't fix the net code, lag-shielded jenners will be a fond memory when compared to lag-shielded, ECM carrying Kitfoxes (one of the variants carries ECM anyway) and superfast Firemoths.

#149 OfTheDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Mad Cat (in its first five configurations) was among the original 16 Clan OmniMechs encountered in the first wave of the Clan Invasion.
Thus, it is likely that it will appear with the initial appearance of the Clans.

The Mad Cat Mk.II is a non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech where the original model makes its debut in 3066, the second variant comes into existence in 3069, and the third variant comes into existence in 3082.
Given the original model's late introduction date and the much later introduction date of its third variant (as three variants are needed for a 'Mech to work in MWO's XP system), it seems highly unlikely the Mad Cat Mk.II will be in MWO anytime soon... if ever.

Heh heh...I swear I should just stop telling jokes... :lol:

But hey...I can hope...

Spoiler

#150 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Mad Cat MKII after it gets 25 tons of Hardened armor in the Jihad era is a super Zombie, the thing is utterly nasty, can take about half against as much damage as an Atlas.

For the first 4 Clan mechs, I'm expeting:
MadCat (Most iconic of all clan mechs)
Nova (Good match overall for Swayback laser Hunchie)
Gladiator (Less ridiculous firepower than the Daishi, will be an initial test for clan assaults)
Puma (Not too fast for a clan Light, this is good)

I know people want the Daishi, I'm sure it will show up, I just don't think it will be in the first batch (Almost certain they'll introduce a group of 4 like initial IS mechs, and they may have a clan buy in system similiar to founder where you can get a bunch for a lot of moola)

Edited by verybad, 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#151 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Always something strange going on in the Perphery. My money's on Comstar. They're always up to no good. I'm not conspiracy nut but just look at the New Vandenburg White Wings and the Jolly Rogers. They both smack of the same kind of weird and are on opposite ends of the 'Sphere. Only those damn robes have that kinda reach...

#152 Zloj Mangoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postverybad, on 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Mad Cat MKII after it gets 25 tons of Hardened armor in the Jihad era is a super Zombie, the thing is utterly nasty, can take about half against as much damage as an Atlas.

For the first 4 Clan mechs, I'm expeting:
MadCat (Most iconic of all clan mechs)
Nova (Good match overall for Swayback laser Hunchie)
Gladiator (Less ridiculous firepower than the Daishi, will be an initial test for clan assaults)
Puma (Not too fast for a clan Light, this is good)

I know people want the Daishi, I'm sure it will show up, I just don't think it will be in the first batch (Almost certain they'll introduce a group of 4 like initial IS mechs, and they may have a clan buy in system similiar to founder where you can get a bunch for a lot of moola)

Will take Nova any day
tbh - I'd expect more Summoner/MadDog/Warhawk - as they're more common in clan toumans

#153 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Having to wait till '52 to get my Dual LBX 50 ER Med Ebon Jaguar (that I lifted from the Factory #13 thanks much) really sucks but I think I can handle a Kitfox/Uller. Just hope I can strip it to the bones and put a long tom on it and have a ammo carrier following me for reloads.

#154 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hating that I have to wait until 3053 for my Bushwacker. Glad the Cauldron Born will be available before that however. :)

#155 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 31 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Hating that I have to wait until 3053 for my Bushwacker. Glad the Cauldron Born will be available before that however. :lol:

"Named after the zombies of Irish myth, Inner Sphere warriors that first encountered it during the Battle of Luthien called this 'Mech the Cauldron-Born. Ironically, the Clan Smoke Jaguar 'Mech that was intended to replace the Loki was not referred to by its Clan designation, Ebon Jaguar, by other Clans as it was still so new that many Clans just called it by its Inner Sphere designation."

While the chassis (the prime configuration, and configurations A, B, and C) might have existed in 3049, it (like the much-older Shadow Cat) was not seen by the IS until the (first) Battle of Luthien in early 3052 - and, evidently, the Cauldron-Born hadn't been seen my (m)any other Clanners outside of the Jags before that point. :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't expect the Clan factions to launch with access to much beyond the original 16 Invasion-era Clan OmniMechs (as listed in TRO 3050) and maybe a handful of non-OmniTech "second-line" Clan BattleMechs to fill the role of "trial 'Mechs"... :(

Edited by Strum Wealh, 02 January 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#156 Xenok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Mountian Time Zone

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

What I want to know is do we get some PvE as the clans invade or is it just going to be the same old PvP we have been playing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users