Valkryie

#222 deathrollheng

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

I doubt there will be any unseen mechs but my picks I think the will need at least 1 more heavy and 1 more assault
my picks
Heavy Orion just due to it being kerenskys mech and black knight

Assault Mechs Victor because they need jump capable mech and hatamoto Chi fits well with after 3039 war

#223 Jakebob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'd guess a non-unseen from TR3025.... Whitworth? Dervish? Trebuchet? (we don't have a fire-support medium yet)
Orion if it's a heavy (still would love to see a Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman, Thunderbolt, etc... though)
Zeus or Stalker if assault.

I doubt we'll see a Black Knight, Guillotine, etc... at launch. These are Star League designs, pretty much limited to the Com Guards in 3049. They'd be extraordinarily rare.

#224 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Is this like thread No. 9,000 that's turned into a circular stupidity argument over Reseen/Unseen mechs?

can we just get beyond that? and you know actually just discuss Battlemechs we'd like to see and not the spinelessness of harmony gold, and whos a bigger knowledge ***** about reseen/unseen?

My suggestions:

Assault:

Annihilator

Battlemaster

Cyclops

Zeus

Highlander

Heavy:

Orion

Warhammer

Black Knight

Archer

Jager Mech

Rifleman

Medium:

Phoenix Hawk

Wyvern

Trebuchet

Shadow Hawk

Light:

Panther

Firestarter

Wolfhound (Counter to the Panther)

I attempted to only select mechs manufactured/introduced Before 3049, these are merely suggestions, and if any of them are over 3049 I apologize. Also I myself do not care about Reseen/Unseen, I just dont, so dont point it out to me.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 11 May 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#225 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostChristopher Dayson, on 09 May 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm still gambling on unseen/reseen being available in the cash shop sometime after release. Just seems like, tailor made for massive profit.

if your suggesting that it be in the MT shop only, I promise you before launch you are 100% wrong.

#226 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Wait a sec. I thought there was 4 lights and 2 mediums? Raven, cicada, jenner, & commando for lights. Hunchback & Centurion for mediums.

I want my mauler. :blink:

#227 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostBlackfire1, on 11 May 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Wait a sec. I thought there was 4 lights and 2 mediums? Raven, cicada, jenner, & commando for lights. Hunchback & Centurion for mediums.

Cicada is a 40t medium.

#228 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostBlackfire1, on 11 May 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Cicada is medium.

Ninja'd :)

Edited by 3Xtr3m3, 11 May 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#229 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Jagermech

I have never been a fan of the Jagermech, until now. I stumbled upon this piece in the FArt (Fan Art) section.

Posted Image
Credit to: shortpainter

#230 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 11 May 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Wolfhound (House Kurita's counter to the Panther)

You dun goofed, kiddo! The Wolfhound is the Lyran counter to the Kuritan Panther. The Wolftrap is the Kuritan counter to the Wolfhound.

#231 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Given the blindside of the Cicada appearing (Really, who would've predicted that to happen?), I'm expecting an equally "Where did that come from?" heavy.

Based on that criteria, I predict the Quickdraw.

Edit - Because I'm an *****.

Edited by trycksh0t, 11 May 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#232 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostCreed Buhallin, on 09 May 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

And this is exactly why I'm NOT expecting to see them, even the legally "Reseen" ones.

According to Sarna, the rights to the Reseen are still held by the original owners, and licensed to Catalyst. That may or may not have translated to PGI to use in MWO. But even if it did, IMHO it'd be risky for them to use them. Why? Licenses to use someone else's IP are almost always for a set duration. World of Tanks has been a HUUUGE hit, and MWO is going to be in the same vein, with a very solid IP behind it. If it does even half as well, that's some serious cash. What do you suppose would happen when it was time to renegotiate the license? Game's doing great, making good money, and the owner wants a bucket of cash to renew the license... and they've got PGI over a barrel, because we all know that gamers are the most calm, reasoned people about having in-game stuff taken away from them, right?

That's largely speculation, but it's at least informed speculation. As sad as it is to say, I don't think it's a risk I would take if I were in charge of the project.

Sorry for delay in response, RL was a pita. Anyways, there are completely RESEEN versions of the mechs, many of the designs are as good or better than the originals to some people. They can use those designs with absolutely zero risk of anything. I'd like to see what FD can do with the reseen Warhammer for example. I know some people don't like it, but it's not bad, and I love the reseen Marauder. REALLY want to see what FD can do with that!

So yeah, the big bad hasbro giant? Not a problem at all unless they try to use the originals, and judging by what FD did to the Centurion I think he could even differentiate those just fine.

#233 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 11 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Based on that criteria, I predict the Quickdraw.

I am all for this so I can name my first one "McGraw."

#234 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 11 May 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Is this like thread No. 9,000 that's turned into a circular stupidity argument over Reseen/Unseen mechs?
can we just get beyond that? and you know actually just discuss Battlemechs we'd like to see and not the spinelessness of harmony gold, and whos a bigger knowledge ***** about reseen/unseen?
Also I myself do not care about Reseen/Unseen, I just dont, so dont point it out to me.

The problem is simple: this topic wan't to discuss what would be the eleventh mech in the MWO. As seems, the MWO (at least in the start) won't had any unseen mech, so it's the same if you wan't a clanner mech, a mech, which only exits after 3050, or an unseen mech - those are won't fit for the line.

#235 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostCifu, on 11 May 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

The problem is simple: this topic wan't to discuss what would be the eleventh mech in the MWO. As seems, the MWO (at least in the start) won't had any unseen mech, so it's the same if you wan't a clanner mech, a mech, which only exits after 3050, or an unseen mech - those are won't fit for the line.

I literally understood, %0 of what you just said.

View Postpursang, on 11 May 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

You dun goofed, kiddo! The Wolfhound is the Lyran counter to the Kuritan Panther. The Wolftrap is the Kuritan counter to the Wolfhound.

I am now aware of that.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 11 May 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#236 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

The Assault is almost certainly going to be humanoid. Just 1 more chicken walker to set things right!

I speak of Marauder of course. Which gives me the idea of grouping up a lance of Catapults and Marauders very closely together to confuse enemy radar to say "MAD, CAT, MAD, CAT, MAD, CAT". Which, of course, will cause them to **** their pants and run.

Edited by Zakatak, 11 May 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#237 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Did I say Jagermech, because I meant

Jagernaut
(personally I think the the SRM's are superfluous, but if I don't get a Rifleman to work with, I'll take a Jager)

Posted Image

#238 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

^^^^^^

Thats alot of Air Conditioning 5 units :blink:

#239 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

If anyone out there is listening to little old me... please... KING CRAB!

Edited by Dr.Killinger, 11 May 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#240 Mistwolf

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

For the heavy I will guess:
the Orion, the Grasshopper, or the Black Knight.
They will likely choose a 70-75 ton as we already have lighter heavies. Also these mech are more rounded heavy fighters to compensate for the fast moving, Dragon and the fire support, Catapult.
I'm leaning towards the Orion as it is a well known command mech as well as a solid attacker/defender

For assault I would say:
the Stalker, the Mauler, the Cyclops, or the Highlander.
These are all popular designs, just depends on the role they want.
While they could do the Zeus, Victor, or Devastator, I would doubt it as there are already mechs of that weight class, and so far they seem to want to mix it up to provide variety (a good thing IMO)
Mind you they could always come out of nowhere with a less known design like the Shogun or the Crockett.

I would, naturally like to get the unseen, but barring some shock announcement, I'm not holding my breath.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users