Mechwarrior 3 (#2)

34 replies to this topic

#21 MoogyD

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationIn the woods of Georgia...and totally not behind you.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Part of the issue may also be that you're using the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Apparently MW3 doesn't quite like those either.

This guy actually has links to the threads on the Mechwarrior 3 website already mentioned on this topic on the youtube page for that video, but he ALSO has a mediafire direct download to the latest patch for the game, modern graphics card fix (Which, I might add, seems to mostly be with ati/amd brand cards), and an alternative loader to run the game through that helps keep the game from crashing and to keep vehicles from flying around and such.

Hope it helps.

Edited by MoogyD, 17 May 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#22 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Moogy, you might have just done it.

We already got the official patch and the graphics patch taken care of (it might really be just AMD cards; no game has used a 16-bit z-buffer in years, so support was dropped), but if this guy has something that fixes the physics-related crashes, that should cover everything.

Thanks for plugging that last whole there :rolleyes:

Also, it's hilarious that in the first mission briefing, they have to correct for you landing away from your intended site mid-briefing, which means the pilot was quite literally getting the briefing while hurtling through the air towards the ground :wacko:

Edited by Catamount, 17 May 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#23 MoogyD

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationIn the woods of Georgia...and totally not behind you.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostCatamount, on 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Moogy, you might have just done it.

We already got the official patch and the graphics patch taken care of (it might really be just AMD cards; no game has used a 16-bit z-buffer in years, so support was dropped), but if this guy has something that fixes the physics-related crashes, that should cover everything.

Thanks for plugging that last whole there :rolleyes:

Also, it's hilarious that in the first mission briefing, they have to correct for you landing away from your intended site mid-briefing, which means the pilot was quite literally getting the briefing while hurtling through the air towards the ground :wacko:

You're welcome. I was actually looking for ways to get MW3 running on my own system recently (Vista 64-bit...yeah I know, it's Vista, but it's not nearly as bad as some people will tell you :lol:) and did a lot of digging. Imagine my reaction when I stumbled upon that video with a mediafire link to the patch, the video card fix, and that neat little loader thing for some of those who have issues getting it to not crash on 64-bit systems and to keep vehicles from flying. As for the AMD/Ati card thing, Z-Buffer wasn't entirely dropped, it's more like modern cards do their own, modern z-buffer thing and try to run it back through as 16-bit or something along those lines. Needless to say, Mechwarrior 3 does not like that at all.

I personally haven't had many problems at all running the game after having everything set up, but sadly I can't make a 100% guarantee that this will work for everybody. Still, it's worth a shot and doesn't seem to hurt. Certainly hasn't hurt me much and seems to be working just fine. :D

#24 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, that's right; I do remember AMD tries to do something funny with the Z-buffer (almost like they try to emulate it or something?), and MW3 just goes NOPE :D

I don't recall the details, but I read up on it once.

Anyways, if that thing really does fix the physics glitch, then that should stabilize the game enormously. I managed to just muddle my way past that, since the problem was decently well-controlled on my own system I played at school with (W7 64 laptop, Radeon HD 5730), but I've hard it's the biggest cause of crashes so that should take care of it on most remaining systems that fail to run it.

We'll see if the OP gets it working

#25 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

There is no "search this thread" option, and can't find much in google.

I have MW3 workin (had until my HDD was gone...), everything worked fine, but then I encountered the problem that my game crashed in mission briefing. In maingame it crashed in 2nd or 3rd mission (after the undergroundbase) video and in pirates moon it crashed after loading the mission before the volcanic crater or so...

Edited by Andar89, 17 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#26 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thx guys! You're the greatest! I'll try to download it right away. I really appreciate the help you've given to a fellow mechwarrior ^^

Edited by Red_October911, 18 May 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#27 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

One last tiny request, I mentioned previously I had a jump jet problem in pirate's moon, would you guys know any known fix to it? (+ i have the same ATI graphics problem, could I use the same patch from MW 3 on MW 3 PM?)

#28 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

the graphics patch would probably work on PM, but the jump jet issue is a physics problem, and I'm not sure you can port over the physics fix :)

I suppose you could always just live without jump jets for the duration of the game...

#29 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yah I still have flying apcs sadly :)

The good part is the game doesnt crash but I can't capture the base at nav point able since I need to destroy the apcs (even thought my secondary objective of destroying all Jaguar forces is complete Fu*k logic)

Do you think that bringing the MFBs to the final nav would allow me to finish the mission?

If not forget about this thread, You guys have already helped me enough and I doubt there's anything more I can do to help it run properly w/o flying armored vehicles :ph34r:

Edited by Red_October911, 18 May 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#30 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Actually nevermind that, I manage to finish Op1 M2 by changing my graphics to 640x280 while keeping primary graphics and put everything else at high.

With that there were no flying apcs and the game had not crashed, I'm not gonna call fat lady yet, but I think i might of gotten a handle of the situation.

Given, nothing much would of been accomplished without your help Catamount and MoogyD. (I know I say this often but you don't know how significant this is to me, i've never been able to get past this mission because of glitches and what not ever since i first got it when i was merely a lad, now tht i'm finally past it, the rest seems promising :unsure:)

If ever you guys need me to return the favor, i'd be glad =)

Edited by Red_October911, 18 May 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#31 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

but still I do not know if the online mode is working.
PS I have fixed my crash problem when I installed it on my XP netbook, now I even have better graphic =D

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

My registration to the site has taken me 5 days... and still isn't accepted. I just want the MW3 loader program so that I can play MW3.

>.<; Why do they have to make this so hard? It's like do one of those check your email registration links.

Can someone host the file, or maybe do what cataphract did? His login/pass changed.

#33 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

Where is the AMD/ATI patch at? I've gotten it to install and run pretty good but I do get the tanks and other vehicles jumping around a little. But most importantly I can complete mission 2 because the 2nd missile launcher isn't there to complete the mission.

Posted Image

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 28 November 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#34 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Bump!!

#35 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 28 November 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Where is the AMD/ATI patch at? I've gotten it to install and run pretty good but I do get the tanks and other vehicles jumping around a little. But most importantly I can complete mission 2 because the 2nd missile launcher isn't there to complete the mission.

Posted Image

I have this problem as well the second missile turret doesn't spawn!! running 550ti with 64bit win7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users