9 replies to this topic

#1 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Can some one give me some more background information on Free Rasalhague Republic?
I know a little about them but for some reason i feel drawn to this house. Don't know who to go to when it will count.
Persuade me please! :D

#2 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.sarna.net...lhague_Republic

#3 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I supose the most important thing to know is that if history goes as planned, it won't be there two years from now. :P

Edited by SuomiWarder, 10 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#4 MostlyHarmless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 138 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Garth for the quick linking!

View PostStrataDragoon, on 10 May 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Can some one give me some more background information on Free Rasalhague Republic?
I know a little about them but for some reason i feel drawn to this house. Don't know who to go to when it will count.
Persuade me please! :P

If you are looking for action look no further!! While it is true that the clans rolled over the FRR during the invasion is should also be noted that later on the remaining FRR worlds merged with Clan Ghost Bear with dual governments in about 10 and a half years game time.
The FRR is the single least written about state in the game right now. Most of the big authors of the novels stuck with the other houses and often shadowing their views into their work. All the other houses have some messed up leaders to put it politely and that made for great stories to be written around the framework of the dysfunctional leading families. In a sense the FRR can be blessed in that we never had anyone that crazy/evil to merit a book to be written. The source book Brush Wars has about the most info of anything that was published. The Sarna link Garth posted is a great place to start reading. And as the ultimate plus we are the resident space vikings so that's kinda awesome, even if there really is a multi ethnic population its just the Norse side that is most famous.

View PostSuomiWarder, on 10 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I supose the most important thing to know is that if history goes as planned, it won't be there two years from now. B)

oh it will be there, just really reduced in size, and then later merge with the ghost bears to come back bigger and badder than ever. If anything we will see the most action of anyone for the timeline of the game so really its kinda a plus. I mean we are planning on playing this game so that we can stomp around in huge metal death machines so that we can blow stuff up aren't we? I can't really see an Atlas as a practical way to plant a daisy, so I'll stick with my FRR and all the targets I could ever want!

#5 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

wow good info thanks specially like the part that we had no crazies in our house like the others

#6 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostStrataDragoon, on 10 May 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

wow good info thanks specially like the part that we had no crazies in our house like the others

It kinda helps that we aren't one of the Great Houses, we kinda aren't even a house, our prince is elected :P

#7 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

lol well I'm a big fan of having all against me soooo, more enemies, more mechs to my collections, more kills, more money, more girls, more fame!

#8 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

The 20 year update sourcebook is where it all begin with The Free Rasalhague Republic so its a very good start reading up on the FRR.

#9 Richard Falkenberg

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

The few the proud.... :D here we go! :)

#10 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostRichard Falkenberg, on 23 May 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

The few the proud.... ;) here we go! ^_^