Artemis + Srm Mislles

5 replies to this topic

#1 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

I have been thinking of getting a SRM6 boat loaded with an Artemis system now my question is.

What exactly does Artemis do? I have scoured the forums and used Search and couldnt dig up any info.

Thanks and sorry for the noobness.

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

It makes it so that your missiles dont spread out as much. Instead of flying in a very big cone, they fly more or less in a straight line.

You have to note however, the Ammunition cosst will skyrocket as soon as you install Artemis. The Artemis uses semi-inteligent rockets which have in turn a higher re-arm cost each match to replace the spent/destroyed ammunition.

#3 WiIIiam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

On SRMs, this is from personal experience, the Artemis will group the missles alot tighter. So instead of a shotgun with no choke in it, you get a shotgun with a ultra full choke (loose pattern, very tight pattern). The downside here is off coarse the re arm cost, I know a handfull of guys that were running 4 SRM6's and 2 SRM4's that were having trouble making money with this build even getting upwards of 3-4 sometimes 6 kills per match.

Personally if I put SRM's on any of my builds now I either get Artemis right away or the first upgrade I do to the mech when funds are available is Artemis.

#4 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Ok, got it. Thanks!

#5 TechKnight1337

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I've been running a Hunchback 4SP with 2x SRM6+Artemis. I only got Artemis after the last patch (1.1.161), so I don't know how it used to be, but in general I haven't noticed a significant improvement in missile grouping. I'll keep using it for now because I don't think it's worth the money to strip it back off, but food for thought.

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

The practical effect of Artemis on SRM's is to keep the spread tight out to their full flight path. Regular SRM's are clusters of death out to about 150m and spread out after that. Artemis SRM's are clusters of death out to their max range of 270m. If you're a mech that makes your living circling around in melee and hammering one target, this is significant as it doubles your range of effective engagement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users