Getting in touch with old friends/finding new ones...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Abrahms

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

So, being very excited about this game after playing MW2, MW3, BT3025, MW4, and MWLL, I started to reminisce about the teamplay and people that I knew, despite not hearing from any of them for YEARS now... some its been what... a good 10 years?

MW4 leagues, I remember something about STG19th, and the guy that drove real tanks in the military who always took the mauler/awesome...think his callsign was Thunderbolt... but I can't remember! I wish there was a way to find all these people again without digging up dusty hard drives just to find out the information isn't there or is gone.

House Steiner and BT3025 though... hence the repping.

1)Anyone have good recommendations to find old lancemates and/or units?
2)Anyone have good idea of what features will be offered to find NEW ones in this game? Not sure if I missed any posts about it but I did see some brief info on inner sphere, etc.

#2 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Facebook works great. My old MW2 unit has a group there.

#3 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Check the recruiting forums for old unit names you might remember and the people you are looking for can't be far away.

#4 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Rich K (aka Marc Chimera) & Steve C from Vacaville! PM me if you get this!

Lashelle's Donuts for the crew!

Vex!

#5 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I rember playing netmech for MW2 had a few friends on ICQ but who knows anymore. my name has not changed still saren21 if any of my old buddys are out there.

#6 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

You can find new ones all over the place here.

#7 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostGun Bear, on 11 May 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

You can find new ones all over the place here.

Very true sir,

the comunity here is very friendly and helpful.

Me and my wife used to play MW3 we were still dateing at the time and i con'ed... err asked her to try it out with me. we made a fairly good team me in my shadowcat her in a mad dog( Vulcher). i would tag targets and she would rain LRM 20's down on them. It was alot of fun she now says she was just trying to get closer to me but i still remember quite well the cheers and silly dances she would do when she would win. If only i could get her to play MWO when it comes out.

#8 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostSaren21, on 11 May 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Very true sir,

Me and my wife used to play MW3 we were still dateing at the time and i con'ed... err asked her to try it out with me. we made a fairly good team me in my shadowcat her in a mad dog( Vulcher). i would tag targets and she would rain LRM 20's down on them. It was alot of fun she now says she was just trying to get closer to me but i still remember quite well the cheers and silly dances she would do when she would win. If only i could get her to play MWO when it comes out.

View PostSaren21, on 11 May 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Very true sir,

I bet you could. Convince her that you think it would be a good opportunity to do something together... you may have to suffer through a some kind of shopping trip or function with her family in return but really it should be worth the wife approving of your MW:O hobby right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users