• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

First of all, this bothers me a bit.
Urdson

Hello Malyshus,

The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon.

This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database. You can reply to this mail if you have pertinent information to add and the ticket will be reopened. Thank you for contacting the MechWarrior® Online™ support.

Regards,

Urdson
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

July 4, 2013, 1:44 amMalyshus

When sustaining critical damage all the pieces of my mech chassis which are visible from within the cockpit turn to a bright white with a glowing red outline.

This makes it extremely difficult to do anything once taking this damage, and nearly impossible to see during night maps.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciate.

FYI: I have run the repair tool multiple times, cleared shader cache, update graphics card drivers (and rolled back drivers) to no avail.

If it is a 'known issue' why can I find 0 results of similar nature when searching the 'known issues' sub-forum (and using google). Also, how about you don't go closing tickets simply because it is a metric used to track workload/performance unless you provide at least SOMETHING useful, like a link to the thread that has this known issue or a workaround in it?

Poor form PGI, poor form.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Can you post screen shots?

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

Just because an issue is "known" does not mean it is either common or prevalent.

also keep in mind a huge portion of the game's players never use the forum; your bug could've been seen a hundred times but not by anyone who posts in the forum. Also most people simply file bugs in the correct manner (by email) and not by a forum post (which often doesn't accomplish anything)

I've seen lots of weird bugs you won't find on the forum anywhere.

If there is no fix, then then there is no point keeping the ticket open. When there is a solution they will give it to you!

#4 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 15 July 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

If there is no fix, then then there is no point keeping the ticket open.

Really? Is that how they think of it?

I'm not trying to start anything here, and I'm not trying to troll, but is that really how they view it?

#5 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I don't think that it is they are not going to fix it, I think it is more that it is in the works to get fixed, possibly in the next patch. I could be wrong...

#6 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I work in software, specifically I work in QA. This can be a common practice. The issue is very much open. Its closed as a ticket in these forums but as he said, it is now being tracked in their internal QA tool defect tracker which is their "system of record". its easier to track that way then having to track issue in a forum like this. There it will reside until it is fixed and truly resolved and deployed.

Don't worry, I assure you they are tracking all of these issues and tracking metrics on the number of times an issue has been reported. This will help them with decided what gets fixed when.

#7 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

As Tarl said, screenshots/video would really help out both commenters here and the devs.

Good luck with resolution.

And no, I don't think I have an issue with them keeping their databases of thing cropping up and known issues awaiting resolution separate.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 15 July 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 15 July 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Really? Is that how they think of it?

I'm not trying to start anything here, and I'm not trying to troll, but is that really how they view it?

Essentially they forward the information if it has something relevant. For example DXDiag information, screenshots, or anything that would help the debug people actually figure out the issue.

If it's just a message like "Your game's broken, fix it." Then nothing happens. There's no info as to what's wrong or info about what it could be related to.

#9 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Image of issue:
I have lots of these saved, there is one thats normal, on forest colony map and another on river city night.

Forest Colony: http://imgur.com/i6OmqLW

River City Night: http://imgur.com/zibVeL9

Hopefully someone can post some insight to resolving this.

#10 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 July 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Essentially they forward the information if it has something relevant. For example DXDiag information, screenshots, or anything that would help the debug people actually figure out the issue.

If it's just a message like "Your game's broken, fix it." Then nothing happens. There's no info as to what's wrong or info about what it could be related to.

The funny thing was they never even asked for DXDiag or anything related to the issue, just closed the ticket told me they knew about it and that's all.

#11 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostMalyshus, on 20 July 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

The funny thing was they never even asked for DXDiag or anything related to the issue, just closed the ticket told me they knew about it and that's all.

Then it is a Known Issue that they know how to reproduce already but they can not fix for X reason.

They made some changes to graphics on Tuesday have you tried since then?

#12 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes I have played extensively since then, and even tried another clean install to no avail. Not sure what to do at this point.

#13 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

What company is your graphics card? Old new? Latest drivers? Do you have custom visual tweaks or settings in the user.cfg? If it is old buy a new one. If it needs new rivers... downlad em. If you have tweaks remove em. If it is a very new card maybe the drivers are bugged and will be fixed shortly. Not much else i can say other than sorry dude.

#14 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

New Card, Gigabyte GTX 650ti, newest drivers, no tweaks, drivers have updated twice during this issue with no improvements.

Thanks for the advice though.

#15 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Interesting screenshots. Have not had this happen myself, but have you tried turning off the cockpit lights (default button is <period>)? Almost looks like the reflection from those lights has gone haywire.

#16 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

In one, you are using night vision (River Night), the other heat vision?
  • Are any of the sliders adjusted in game (contrast/gamma/bright?)
  • No tweaks, as in no customized user.cfg settings?
  • Are you using a default low/medium/high default setting? If not what are the settings for each slider? What happens when you set to Low as a whole and not touch anything else?
  • Do you have the video card in the Nvidia program set to performance/application control? Are you using any sort of customized settings for the video card?
  • On the video card, have you removed the drivers completely, including using a Driver removal tool before installing new drivers?
  • Again, no third party tweaks, correct?
On the River night in night mode, I get extremely bright frames that if I am in Frozen City.

Instead of doing a complete repatch, have you utilized the MWOrepairtool? Something could be damaged during download but not enough that it would crash the game.

Mwo Repair Tool Public Release

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 July 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#17 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback, community infinitely more helpful than support line.
  • Repair tool - yes, multiple times.
  • Nvidia Settings - Yes, application controlled.
  • Gamma / Brightness - Default settings.
  • Overall Settings - I have tried setting items individually (advanced settings) to no avail, and simply with the overall slider (basic mode)
  • No third party items affecting game.
  • No user.cfg modifications at all.
  • Cockpit light - No I have not tried that, good advice I will check it out.
  • Drivers - No I have no removed via a driver removal tool to completely reinstall, I will also try this suggestion and report back.
I appreciate the advice guys, will let you know if anything improves.

#18 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

just grasping at straws but does your motherboard or cpu have on board graphics?are they set to help the vid card or turned off?if you have onboard does onboard have the issue with the card uninstalled (if your tech savvy ) do you have onboard drivers and vidcard drivers?

#19 Malyshus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Update: Removing driver via removal tool and reinstalling fixed issue.

Thanks Tarl!

Edit: Update #2 - Issue has recurred now out of no where with no change to system. Great.

Edited by Malyshus, 23 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

What does the picture look like in normal mode, without Night/Heat Vision engaged?
Are you playing in Full Screen or one of the windowed modes? What happens when you switch to the other?
What is make/model of monitor?
And do you play any other game that may affect the system's gamma settings? (EQ is one.. :) )

Does this happen in the training grounds? You can select the map you want. What I would like you to do is go there, if the issue occurs, open up the nvidia control panel, locate the section that has the gamma slider in it. move it a point to the left, apply now check game.

Of course, as to your original post, they have it in their database but they may not be able to replicate it satisfactorily to patch it. So all of the above suggestions may work one time but due to something, some sort of conflict/issue, it keeps arising.

Edit: Does it occur with any mech you pilot, and if so and with all, do they have a custom paint job?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 July 2013 - 09:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users