#1 Alioth Sternfeuer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOver the Sea, on Skye

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys,

New player here. I am trying to change the amount of armor I have in different places on my mech, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

I'll use my hunchback for example. When I first enter the mechlab and look at the center torso, I see that it has 50 points of armor, with a max of 62 and 2 points available. I can add up to 2 more points, until the location has 52 points of armor with 0 available and a max of 62. How do I increase the armor the rest of the way to 62?

Is that number only reachable with ferro-fibrous or something?

Sorry if this is a n00b question, I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks!

#2 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostAlioth Sternfeuer, on 03 December 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Hey guys,

New player here. I am trying to change the amount of armor I have in different places on my mech, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

I'll use my hunchback for example. When I first enter the mechlab and look at the center torso, I see that it has 50 points of armor, with a max of 62 and 2 points available. I can add up to 2 more points, until the location has 52 points of armor with 0 available and a max of 62. How do I increase the armor the rest of the way to 62?

Is that number only reachable with ferro-fibrous or something?

Sorry if this is a n00b question, I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks!

Remember when referring to the torso's for armor, the max available points you see is split between your rear and your front. So Im guessing if you have 50 up front 62 total, you have 12 in the rear. ;)

You can only have 62 total between the front and the back spread it out how you like!

#3 Alioth Sternfeuer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOver the Sea, on Skye

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ahhhh okay that makes so much more sense. Thanks!

#4 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Remember too that the game designers added a bit much to rear armor, especially as the mechs gett into heavies. You can generally enhance performance by taking some from the back torso and adding it to the front. This is highly dependent on your piloting abilities however, try at your own risk.

#5 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Except for hunchbacks that tend to have really weak rear armor stock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users