"Best ever" thread

232 replies to this topic

#221 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostPhrydaddy, on 16 December 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Played Starlance and R&R (I think) with Silver Scourge, Under Black Beard and Peg Leg... Right up to the day that it all fell apart and we all went our own "Cyber Ways" would be Great To find some of the Old Crew... Blackbeard, Pegleg, Rabbit, Destro, Gonzo, Randomheart.. Just a Few of my old Mech Whuppin' buddies.

I think in this thread or one in the merc corp section, Destro said he tried this game out and hates it. As for the rest of those names... no clue.

#222 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

#223 Maleficent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationToledo, Ohio

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Meh, I gotta stop posting after 3am

90/10

Edited by Maleficent, 17 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#224 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostMaleficent, on 17 December 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Meh, I gotta stop posting after 3am

90/10

Now you got me all super curious about what you wrote prior to that edit lol.

#225 P e n u m b r a

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

As good as Leo was, he also admitted that he used hacks, at times, to negate heat as a factor (these hacks were used post CSJ).

bit of a necro here but, err whut i never admitted that? and I've never used hacks in a league environment =/ and even if I did admit that, it is certainly something anyone would screenshot as proof.
a few of us on zone did get a hold of the program that would create hacked variants but they were only messed about with on private servers nova cats with jjs etc for laugh and never in league. You always seemed jealous and you never reached the prestige some of us did. We could change name and instantly be recognised by the level we played at, however you would always be average there is a difference to all out hacking and playing on the bleeding edge so to speak.
You can question my play style we were wrongly ejected from many leagues due to it but here we are 10 years later where we are remembered for the legacy we carved.

Edited by Le0yo, 11 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#226 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Thread has now been updated with the link to Le0's profile. Good to have another one back.

#227 swamp hag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostGaussDragon, on 11 February 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Thread has now been updated with the link to Le0's profile. Good to have another one back.

God help us all ;)

Edited by Glory, 11 February 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#228 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostGlory, on 11 February 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

God help us all

and also with you. I think that what they say next isn't it?

#229 swamp hag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 11 February 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

and also with you. I think that what they say next isn't it?

lol wat ;)

#230 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'm hoping that with
  • A fix of the netcode
  • Community warfare
... a lot of veterans will come back and really start to enjoy the game. This game has gotten a lot better in recent weeks.

#231 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

You mean the 3D wasn't enough? :lol:

I think that with private matches occurring same time as CW, that the player population will increase significantly.

#232 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 14 February 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

You mean the 3D wasn't enough? :lol:

With the changes to JJs and the ER PPCs, it feels like a bone was thrown to the old poptart/hillhump crowd. There's been a ton of my old wings who aren't impressed with this game and I'm hoping that successive changes will bring them back while still keeping the TT/purist crowd, though they whine about everything so I'm not holding my breath.

#233 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:47 AM

View PostL e 0, on 11 February 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

We could change name and instantly be recognised by the level we played at, however you would always be average there is a difference to all out hacking and playing on the bleeding edge so to speak.

You are such a liar Leo you heat buggin *****. I always wondered why your team seemed to vanish back in nbt4. Was it the humiliation of your best player losing a duel to a lowly pirate? Or maybe that was just a coincidence. I like to think your whole team had to change their names because of me *evil grin* I chuckle when I see your names in a "who was the best" list, and yet my name isnt listed above yours. Shame on you crovax for forgetting me. Your teams fighting style was easily recognizable because you never changed, and its also why I beat you on a regular basis. Anyway... nostalgia... many fond memories of eating egotistical self righteous clanners for breakfast that ill never forget. Thanks for that.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 05 November 2020 - 02:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users