Ecm Feedback

2028 replies to this topic

#61 arkanis

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the ECM, the game experience is even more sh1tty now. Premade groups that don't play 8vs8 make your life as pug even more miserable. The new dimension it adds is even more depriment, because you already couldn't see anything beyond 600mts, with ecm you cannot detect them also. Thanks a lot

Edited by arkanis, 04 December 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#62 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Came back from a run with my RVN-3L, and ECM is indeed strong.

No lock at all under ECM cover made a Snow Colony match with a major brawl at center of map. It was really fun, not having to worry too much about LRMs ruining the party.

Making it harder to lock, and easier to loose lock(no LoS = loose lock within 1-2 seconds) mechs with ECM cloaking would seem better. No lock at all is quite strong, especially since Cloak/Jam is a button press away from dropping all locks within 180m.

Edited by Stingz, 04 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#63 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm sure you've heard this one before, haven't read all earlier posts but... I have been running in a 8 man premade and we suffer from the new exploit: 8 man premades deciding to exploit the 8 atlas ddc group and base sit. I propose a limit is placed on the number of ecms allowed to deploy in the field. What number limit i do not know.I like ecms and do see them as a valid peice of equipment, but the current state of play is very much ecm is not overpowered unless players choose to exploit it and they are.

#64 Barsov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, Spinward Sector

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

ECM is very good addition. Well done Developers! ECM bring new tactiacl dimetions into the game. Thanks a lot!

#65 Jacob Roamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationTSA Training Facility *Classified*

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Its a great addition, but PLEASE for the love of all thats Holy, dont make it able to be equipped on every mech. Let them be only on the variants you have listed. That provides diversity and sticks to canon.

#66 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I wish that firing a weapon would toggle your ECM off. Unless it does. I didn't notice.

#67 Jale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

in general
-ECM isnt op
-light mech will be harder to play once collisions are added (dont worry)
-ECM was wrongly introduced - there should be limit!

#68 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

The ECM is definitely a good addition to the game which become much more tactical however I think it is a bit too effective right now.
Probably BAP should be able to counter it.

#69 Jacob Roamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationTSA Training Facility *Classified*

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 04 December 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I'm sure you've heard this one before, haven't read all earlier posts but... I have been running in a 8 man premade and we suffer from the new exploit: 8 man premades deciding to exploit the 8 atlas ddc group and base sit. I propose a limit is placed on the number of ecms allowed to deploy in the field. What number limit i do not know.I like ecms and do see them as a valid peice of equipment, but the current state of play is very much ecm is not overpowered unless players choose to exploit it and they are.

I havent done a full 8 man yet, but my group was afraid of this.

PGI is going to have to implement a tonnage limit on 8 mans to counter this.

#70 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm running my RVN-3L with BAP, TAG, ECM, 2x medium lasers, and 2xSSRM2(2 tons ammo). Oh and an XL280 and Endo-Steel. I have yet to die once in this mech.

It's a beast i tell you! A flippin' BEAST!! It is EVERYWHERE!!!!

Don't bother to cap my base, i go 129kph i'll be there before you can type to your team to tell them where you are. Don't stray too far away from your main force, or i'll have my TAG on you and streaks in your back. Big brawl in the middle of the map? I'll be right there, and so will my ECM bubble. They have ECM? I'll counter it and TAG the enemy ECM. Big brawl over and no targets? I'll be the first in the enemy cap.

Thank you for making my RVN-3L what it is supposed to be. One of the most feared EW mechs in existence.

#71 MordorSV

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

What is happaning now - ECM turs off streak srm and LRMS. Thease 2 weapons are too expencive and so fare they become useless (and mechs whearin it too) no one will use them.
It is no fun when you can not fire the missles becouse target cannot be catches becouse ECM.
so i do not see the empruvement of this. Just remove LRM and STREAK SRM from the wepons optins an play good old gun shooting...
I have played cats - thier power were missles, now the only usefull Cat is the one with lasers and cannons.
;)
See after some time streaks and LRMS will be on tryals mechs only....
Happy are only cannons and lasers players....

#72 Zombie SixNine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 04 December 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I love the ECM, nice kick to the nuts of those abusive streakers.

Running around in my Commando with ECM, and I managed to kill a Jenner, slap around a streak Catapult and streak Commando, and live with all of my parts.

'(^.^)'

Just in a match with my COM-2D w/ECM...4 kills...used ECM to counter an Atlas ECM...I'm lovin' it.

#73 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostDr Killinger, on 04 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

As an Atlas DC pilot who dropped with only one team mate this evening, I can confirm that I have never had PUG mechs so tightly pressed against my mech in my entire time in MWO!

confirming! I went to a point where i wasn't able to fire a single shot, because teammates arround me in every direction. It felt awesome though, best way to get pugs to stick together ;)

#74 Fabian Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

as it's now ECM is a winner if your teamis he only one that has one adn s shyre way to lose if you don't have it. Having ECM should be like a Submaring usling Acive sonar you are detectable from a very far range but not with pinpoint accuracy same should be true about the BAP. It also seams that ECM is afecctinf direct visual LOS

#75 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Not sure what to think yet. The ECM mechanism seems to be cool. It does and will add a new layer of tactics to MWO. However we, or the devs rather, should be carefull that it will not result in teams winning because they have one ecm more. Or the ecm scout got unlucky and got killed in the first 3 min, resulting in a team without ecm (or counter). Being in a team versus a team without the ability to counter is boring as ****. (and imho more annoying than streak cats).

Edit:
Oh and now would be a nice time to fix netcode a bit. So one actually has a change to shoot the scouts sporting the ECM ;)

Edited by J4ck4l, 04 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#76 Dueliest

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'd like to know if it is working as intended atm. As earlier stated, I am unable to target things from much farther then 180 with LOS. I really don't like how unstoppable it makes light mecs now. If it is really intended to be unable to target an ECM equipped mech at any range then the one thing light mech exploit the most (net code) becomes a shield no LRM or streak can track. Can the ECM be destroyed like any other equipment? (weapons, ammo, JJ) Even if they intend to add any further fast mech counter measures (knockdown), the timing is ill got because such things should already be in place before ECM, not after. I'm really mixed on the whole thing, I haven't got my head around how its going to affect the game as whole. One thing worth noting: if tracking damage (streak, LRM) is going to be ingrained as more sporadic (statistically) then maybe they should have there damage bumped up? At-least to original values. (FYI I hate lrm boats) So my bias oppose's the concept.

#77 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

My personal opinion, totally ruined my favorite mech the Jenner D

Its basically Raven 3L all the way now. I don't think this was an appropriate way to get players to use Ravens etc more by simply nerfing other mechs, because thats what happens.

So D is pretty much nerfed now, next thing, jumpjet nerf. U will need multiples of them soon to make it even worthwhile, More jenner D nerf.

Either make Beage Active Probe some sort of counter for the locking stuff, or change something else.

QQ over.

#78 Kommisar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Is everyone still going to love ECM when everyone swaps over to one of the ECM mechs to compete?

#79 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostDueliest, on 04 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'd like to know if it is working as intended atm. As earlier stated, I am unable to target things from much farther then 180 with LOS. I really don't like how unstoppable it makes light mecs now. If it is really intended to be unable to target an ECM equipped mech at any range then the one thing light mech exploit the most (net code) becomes a shield no LRM or streak can track. Can the ECM be destroyed like any other equipment? (weapons, ammo, JJ) Even if they intend to add any further fast mech counter measures (knockdown), the timing is ill got because such things should already be in place before ECM, not after. I'm really mixed on the whole thing, I haven't got my head around how its going to affect the game as whole. One thing worth noting: if tracking damage (streak, LRM) is going to be ingrained as more sporadic (statistically) then maybe they should have there damage bumped up? At-least to original values. (FYI I hate lrm boats) So my bias oppose's the concept.

For the most part, agreed. Damage bumped i don't know. But nevertheless, ECM use/effects/results should be carefully monitored.

#80 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

The ECM basically just nerfed LRM's Totality, just played my first match and was able to fire one salvo of missiles. Even though I could see the mech plain as day not more than 2 squares away. But could still not target that mech before it was under the effective range of LRM's. I seem to have wasted all this time gaining CB to get a module to increase effective detection and this ECM also nerfed that. Now All mechs are basically just cannon fodder. Due to my low frame rate, Lrm's were the only effective way I could participate in the game. Due to the fact that the frame rate already at 8-10fps becomes 4 fps in a brawl and the mech controls freeze. Thanks for killing the game for me. So I guess LOS means that everything you can see you can shoot. Then make Lrm's able to fire on mech that are visible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users