No replies to this topic

#1 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

This was brought up in a recent thread that got deleted/moved. But the general consensus when purchasing a mech was there is not enough in-game data to make an informed purchase. Such as where all the hardpoints are, what modules can be equiped, or how many critical spaces are in each location (i.e. will an AC/20 fit in the arm of a Dragon?).

My suggestion is pretty simple: let us build and modify the mech before we buy it. Use the same Mechbay system that's already implemented, but just disable the "Save/Purchase" button if you don't have the cash.

The advantage of this system is "what you see is what you get", and most of the UI functionality is already in the game. PGI doesn't have to create/maintain any additional documentation, and we know exactly what will work and what won't before we commit the cash.

Additionally, I'd like this to work for even mechs we own so we can play with different builds. Allow us to equip those Guass rifles to see how the mech balances out, even if we don't have the cash to pay for it yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users