Request: Fixing The Black Screen Guide.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Bluerey

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I am still getting one of the following on the 4th match played after starting the game: Black screen, yellow screen or 6 FPS. How are people fixing this problem?

#2 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Me find that most people deal with it by rage quitting & restarting their client.
& others just have their teammates direct their blind mech to the cap so that they can at least buy some time if anyone tries to rush.
(.-.)

There currently be no known fix other than to hope your team can play while down one mech.

Edit: me noticed that there be a way to trigger the map and/or targeting computer again while stricken with the black screen bug so that you can play while blind. (you won't be able to see terrain and stuff though as the entire screen will be one solid color.)

Edited by MagicHamsta, 05 December 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#3 Eclipse186

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

For the black screen, a simple ALT+TAB works for me.

For the 4FPS bug, **** SHIFT+ENTER to put the game in windowed mode, then open up your web browser. Afterwards you can ****+ENTER again back to fullscreen for full-functionality. I have no idea why this works, but it does.

For the yellow screen: Close your eyes, spin around 3 times whilst repeating the phrase: "Timmy the Tooth Tailors Tremendous Trousers on Tuesdays".

For the mini-map bug: Buy the Garmin GPS module in the Pilot Lab for 1.5 billion CBILLS. I attaches to your right cockpit window for easy viewing.

Hope this helps. (btw, my first two solutions really do work)

#4 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostEclipse186, on 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

For the mini-map bug: Buy the Garmin GPS module in the Pilot Lab for 1.5 billion CBILLS. I attaches to your right cockpit window for easy viewing.

LosTech.
D:<

#5 Bluerey

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the replies so far.

#6 Bluerey

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Maybe black screen only happens to people who haven't paid them any money yet...

#7 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

For yellow screen, try switching to heat vision. It helps a little. But its hard to tell friend from foe.

#8 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

For yellow you can turn off the HUD with Right shift and F10 [toggle] and whilst it doesn't fix it, you can at least see a bit better. Knowing who the enemy and friendlies are is anyone's guess, I have gone with those who shoot at me I shoot back at and try not moving your arms too much as you have no rectile :D

#9 Subsandwich

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

When I have blackscreen, I will have one of my teammates (I usually have one or two friends on mumble) direct my mech with verbal instructions while I pilot the mech to at least move into our own base to help stop enemy base cap even for a little while if need be.

Then if I hear my mech getting shot, I will ask my teammates if any friendlies are in our base, if not, I will spin and just fire my weapons. Sounds stupid but if it distracts the enemy trying to cap while reinforcements return to base then at least it wasn't a total loss.

#10 RumRunner151

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostShiney, on 06 December 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

For yellow you can turn off the HUD with Right shift and F10 [toggle] and whilst it doesn't fix it, you can at least see a bit better. Knowing who the enemy and friendlies are is anyone's guess, I have gone with those who shoot at me I shoot back at and try not moving your arms too much as you have no rectile :)

Its actually Right Shift+F11. It removes the HUD which is causing the yellow screen. Annoying but playable. Hard to tell friend from foe though.

Mainly, IMO most people who are having problems, seem to have them after X number of games, where X is a variable dependant on your system. For me its usually 8 to 12 games. I simply re-start my client after every 5-6 games. Doesnt take long, even if in group and keeps my blood pressure for skyrocketing due to bugs. OP may need to do it every 3 games. :angry:

Edited by RumRunner151, 11 December 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#11 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Pressing Right Shift+F11 will remove your HUD, it's an extremely hamfisted work around for the yellow screen. When overheating/powering up you remain in the "overheated" hud, you have to manually power down and power up to fix it. Blackscreen/4FPS are actually the same bug and it's a memory leak in your videoram. You want to restart the client every 5-10 games depending on how much ram your card has and you'll never experience it again.

#12 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostBluerey, on 06 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Maybe black screen only happens to people who haven't paid them any money yet...

nope... happens to me after several matches... before i bought my new "4 core girlfirend", i had it right after the match that i got the 4fps bug...

now with my new girlfriend, i get the 4fps bug in 90% of all matches, but only for a few seconds... (funny thing is, i have the exact same issue in Planetside 2... every now and then - i´d say every 10 minutes or so - i get 4 - 5 constant fps for a few seconds, and then it runs smooth again)

the blackscreen still appears after about a dozen matches or so...

i had a system monitoring tool running, and the only thing i can imagine is, that that (the 4fps) happens when core no.1 hits the 90% usage... that´s the only number that really was noticable after 3 hours of play... average usage of 50/20/20/40
but there are spikes recorded, something like 90/40/20/60

at least depending on what the monitoring tool says, there was no exceptional high RAM or GRAM usage to notice...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 12 December 2012 - 02:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users