Petition For More Painting Options On Founder And Hero Mechs

88 replies to this topic

Poll: Paint for founder and hero mechs. (218 member(s) have cast votes)

You believe the Special Edition mechs should have more options for painting. Which category best describes you?

1. I'm a founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (173 votes [79.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.36%

2. I'm a non-founder and I think you should be able to paint founder/hero mechs. (45 votes [20.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Here's my idea:

Founders/Hero mechs come with a single pattern unlocked with that chassis only, not useable on other chassis.

Founders/Hero mechs unlock the affiliated color to use with every mech, just like normal color purchases.

Founders/Hero can be painted just like any other mech.

This would solve 2 problems:

1. The desire to repaint founfer/hero mechs
2. Add value to the founder/hero mechs purhcases as they unlock additional colors.

http://mwomercs.com/...-colors-change/

#82 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

absolutely. I'd even pay 500MC for a cool permanent Founders Skin.

#83 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

I want to paint my uber expensive mechs with more uber expensive paintschemes. win-win situation for you PGI isn't it? I'm bored by the same skin over and over again. You can differentiate the hero/founder mechs with their names in the damage window. Enough recognition!

#84 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

i would like to be able to keep the paint scheme of my hero mechs, but change the main color...for example the death's knell blue, into a green etc

#85 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm a founder, and I have to say no founders mech, camo options, I'm unlikely to bother spending money on any camo options, as the founder mech, is the ones of that chasis ill use the most

#86 Daedra

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm assuming this has already been covered, but I'd rather not read through every reply at the moment to be positive. Anyway, I don't remember exactly which post I read this in, but it was an official one from a developer (Most likey a Q & A), which explained "Hero Mechs" are pretty much "as is" to keep them recognizable. I have two hero mechs, and have no qualms with the inability to alter their paint job and such. If you want to custamize your own mech, purchase a regular one (something I've also done several times over).

#87 The Government

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationReading, Pennsylvania

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Honeslty, I'm still cheesed off that they changed the paintjob of the founder's mechs. It used to be Black and Steel, now it's some trashy off-blue. My Atlas looks like friggin' GARBAGE now.

I am going to go on record in that I want my original paint jobs back. I did, after all pay money for them.

Big ups for the repainting (and recoloring) of Hero Mechs as well. Not gonna buy one of those until you can take brush to them.

#88 Thirdrail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • Private
  • 169 posts
  • LocationI'm just wandering around.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just thought I'd stop by and see if any progress had been made here. Oh well. Back to other games then.

#89 TseTse

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA USA USA!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Rabble Rabble Rabble. Needs more painting of founders mechs

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users