Tag Into Ecm - Cannot Target

9 replies to this topic

#1 Povier

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

"However, if you TAG a mech with ECM OUTSIDE of their sphere of influence, it allows you and your friendlies to target"

I tag an enemy, I see the empty triangle, but I cannot target him, nobody did.
Without the tag I was outside the sphere of ECM-influence but not near enough to target.

Am I to understand that it should work this way i used my TAG?

Edited by Povier, 04 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#2 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I think I had this too. It illuminated them with a hollow triangle, but I couldn't target. Battle was too fierce, I moved on, but I guess it WAS as-unintended.

#3 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

once you have it tagged and the symbol is up you should be able to target it, not sure if theres a time you have to keep tag on it on not though.

#4 ElCadaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Do LRM's fired with no lock on automatically pickup and home in on the nearest Tagged enemy? Is this the way we are supposed to counter ECM with LRM's?

#5 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Bottom line: The window that this is supposed to work in is too small to be viable in a combat situation.

I could see this being useful on a D-DC that was standing still, and not aware that you were there tagging him. But other than that this mechanic needs to be adjusted to be of ANY use whatsoever.

LRMs fired with no lock will travel to whatever they were aimed at when fired, and do not track anything.

#6 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostXendojo, on 04 December 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Bottom line: The window that this is supposed to work in is too small to be viable in a combat situation.

ahm dunno... ecm is 180 m, TAG is 450m... thats a 270m range you can use TAG on a ECM mech, standing outside his bubble if i´m correct... takes a little practice and this stupid thing called "working together", but it´s not an impossible mission...:)

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#7 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The thing I would really like would be if we had a button to toggle TAG on and off, instead of having it in a weapons group. That way, we could just aim it, instead of having to aim and hold down the button.

Also, does NARC work again ECM, or is it useless?

#8 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

useless.

Also have been unable to get missile lock on targets that i can target normally ( due to eccm) so seems a bit buggy?

#9 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

From the one time I tried it, it seems to be broken. You can tag all you want from 450m but it won't let you actually select the lil f--ker.

But I admit it needs more testing. Who knows, maybe there was another GD ECM mech standing behind me while I was trying to tag the other one.

#10 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostSpirit of the Wolf, on 04 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Also, does NARC work again ECM, or is it useless?

no it doesn´t... the ECM bubble doesn´t let any signal out... disabling the ECM (negating by counter ECM) or tagging the ECM´ed target from outside the bubble should be the only ways to lock on an ECM guarded mech...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 05 December 2012 - 12:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users