Faction Talk - Subforum Brotherhood Of Randis ?

6 replies to this topic

#1 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I wounder how a small power like the FRR get a own faction, and I cant even join the faction "Pheriphery" with my faction Brotherhood of Randis !
Posted Image
MfG, MEX

PS: What did you do to get a own faction ?

#2 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

From the article you linked: "[color=#000000]The Brotherhood's military might during this period was questionable: they were assumed to have control of less than 12 operational 'Mechs in [/color]3025[color=#000000], mostly of the [/color]Light[color=#000000] variety, and of dubious capability. The strict and harsh training method resulted in MechWarriors with equally dubious combat skills. Despite their intentions to improve the quality of life on Randis IV, their focus on MechWarrior training came at the expense of the planet's development. The unit would, however, seek off-world contracts, which provided a steady (but meager) source of income for the planet's economic base. Because of this tendency to seek employment, the unit was seen not as a private militia of the planet, but a mercenary unit. The few off-world jobs taken all resulted in near disasters, and the unit barely survived the closing years of the [/color]Succession Wars[color=#000000]. Their sole victories came from defensive operations against less organized attacks on Randis IV."[/color]

The brotherhood isn't really a faction by the MWO definition; it's a merc unit, and a small pre-existing one at that. It looks like when CW is implemented canon merc units may be available for lone wolf players to "unlock", thereby allowing access to their skins / decals, but all truly joinable merc units will be original and player created. Sorry.

The FRR may be small compared to the Great Houses, but we play a crucial role as the frontline of the upcoming clan invasion, and we hold our own amongst the many political intrigues of the Inner Sphere.

#3 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Asume that I KNOW what the Brotherhood of Randis is ... and they arent Mercs, they are a small power of the Pheriphery !

Because of Mariks Knights of the IS I prefer to see them as true "Knights of the Pheriphery" ...

View PostGrafvitnir, on 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

The brotherhood isn't really a faction by the MWO definition; it's a merc unit, and a small pre-existing one at that. It looks like when CW is implemented canon merc units may be available for lone wolf players to "unlock", thereby allowing access to their skins / decals, but all truly joinable merc units will be original and player created. Sorry.

The FRR may be small compared to the Great Houses, but we play a crucial role as the frontline of the upcoming clan invasion, and we hold our own amongst the many political intrigues of the Inner Sphere.
Actually I didnt complain about not having a own Brotherhood of Randis faction, I complained about not beeing able to join the faction Pheriphery, which even has its own sourcebook like the Great Houses !

MfG, MEX

Edited by M E X, 06 December 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#4 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostGrafvitnir, on 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

I wont call being trampled by the Clans a CRUICAL ROLE ... the FRR just has the bad luck of beeing in the way of the juggernaut clan warmachinery on its way to Terra !

Or are you refering to the GHOST BEAR DOMINON, founded 3060, and only see yourself as a placeholder for Clan Ghost Bear for the next 10 years ?

MfG, MEX

Edited by M E X, 22 December 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#5 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Because unlike the FRR the Periphery isnt a unified state but a large number of independent realms usually numbering only a few worlds.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 22 December 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#6 Kelb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

The Periphery may be brought into the game at a later time. The FRR is a minor power within the IS.

#7 aelfkins

• PipPipPip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostM E X, on 22 December 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I wont call being trampled by the Clans a CRUICAL ROLE ... the FRR just has the bad luck of beeing in the way of the juggernaut clan warmachinery on its way to Terra !

Or are you refering to the GHOST BEAR DOMINON, founded 3060, and only see yourself as a placeholder for Clan Ghost Bear for the next 10 years ?

MfG, MEX

Funny the page you liked is titled Rasalhague Dominion.
It seems that Ghost Bear is the placeholder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users