My Centurion Cn9-A Build

27 replies to this topic

#21 Chameleon Silk

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 98 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

@capriocorpus ah sorry must have missed the extra ammos, interesting thank you for your input.

#22 Lichschool

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostChameleon Silk, on 08 December 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

@ Lichschool: heat dissipation is a bad stat to forget some can tolerate lower and some like a lot better dissipation.

Late reply :P

Heat dissipation is decent but not amazing; 1.19. I just can't remember how many heat sinks I have.

#23 Tenzan

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostLichschool, on 07 December 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

AC/5, 2ML, 3 SRM 6

Stock engine, 320 armor, 3 tons of srm ammo, 1 ton of AC ammo
Endo, can't remember the heat sinks.

60 Firepower.

Have brawled dragons, cataphracts, hunchies, other centurions, and an atlas and come out on top.

I only carry the 1 ton of AC ammo as the arm tends to get blown off during or after my first slug match. It does enough to be worth having the cannon even if only for that short time.

I used to run that exact build and found it works really well. It became apparent that nearly everybody targets the gun arm no matter what you have on it so I dropped it to an AC/2 and threw an Artemis on there. Yeah, I know, but triple SRM6 hitting for 45 damage with good accuracy is sweet indeed and you hit them in the face for a ton of damage while they try and shoot off the peashooter on the arm :)

I do use an XL engine with it but lots of practice being a sneaky ******* in a Dragon helps avoid getting shot at too much. It's a trade off between fragility and firepower/ammo. I found both ways worked and the XL is just personal preference. Repairs can get pricey with it though :angry:

#24 MacMactA

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMoncton, NB, Canda

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi CHameleon!
its nice to see another maritimer kicking *** in a Centurion :lol:
WOuld you be able to enumerate what your final build is? I would like to get it too its right in my style of playing.
Thanks man

#25 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Have enjoyed this thread. My laptop isn't the best in the world, so for a while I was running a dual LRM15 w/ Artemis and 2 med lasers and an AMS. I feel like I was a pretty darn good support mech for my size. Unfortunately I'd say 4 out of 5 matches I'm running into very ECM heavy teams that make it very difficult to run that way.

I am going to have to try one of these SRM builds and see how I do, it's hard for me to pinpoint an AC20 shot on someone (Makes me sad when I play my YLW), but maybe a cluster of missles could work so I can brawl better.

#26 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm surprized no 1 has said an ultra ac5 in the right arm I've done mayb 20 drops in the cent. A with 240 st, 2 med lasers and 3 streaks and the ultra ac5 75 rounds ammo and always go through all the ammo b4 arm gets blown off if it even does. I always come at enemies from there left and circle so the shield arm is closer to them. Guess load outs r 100% preference But i have done very well in this setup. Of course this setup need DHS and endo.

#27 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

xl engine? check
machine gun? check
case on a XL engine? check
lots of srms but no artemis? check

Edited by Broceratops, 14 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#28 Thourq

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

I saw this topic on google so.. sorry for the necro, I hope people still look at this thread.

I have an upcoming CN9-A and I've been playing with smurfy-net.de's mechlab. I think I've hit a sweet spot of a build with 2 variants.

1st Variant
UAC/5 w/ 2 tons ammo
2 SRM4 + 1 SRM6 w/ 2 tons ammo
XL255 Engine w/ DHS
2 MPLs
Max Torso Armor and decent Leg/Arm armor w/ 304 Armor Rating.

2nd Variant
AC/5 w/ 1 ton ammo
1/2 SRM 4 + 1/2 SRM6 w/ 2/3 tons armor
XL255 Engine w/ DHS
2MPLs
Same armor as 1st build

I have yet to test any of these as I don't have the complete money yet. I was thinking of adding an extra DHS to the 2nd variant but instead have 2 tons of SRM ammo and 2 SRM4 + 1 SRM6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users