7 replies to this topic

#1 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I think it should. It's already an expensive mech fitted out with all kinds of high-tech stuff, so why not push it the extra mile?

Either that, or give every Raven variant the ability to carry ECM. I'm not going to buy two pieces of trash just to have one mastered ecm mech.

#2 _Rorschach_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Definitely not. The CN9-D is one of my absolute favorites, but with ECM it would be ridiculously OP. As fast as pretty much every light, much heavier armor, much more powerful weapons, excellent hardpoints. Add ECM to that and it'd be way to strong. I can take on ANYTHING in mine anyway.

#3 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

In the sense that I love Cents and would love to play an OP one, sure! Why not? :o

I can see the logic here, but I think the CN9-D with ECM would just be a little too good. Let the Ravens and Commandos have their fun.

#4 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

No please no. I love this mech but I think ECM should not even be on the atlas. This is one of the few mods that give scout mechs a role. The Cent-D is antiscout.

#5 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postpack wolf, on 05 December 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

The CN9-D is one of my absolute favorites, but with ECM it would be ridiculously OP.

Agreed.

I vote yes.

#6 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Nope, don't need to make the Cicada full on useless. The Centurion was built for combat, not running around as a scout.

#7 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

The Cicada was a useless mech in tabletop, why it was ever included in MWO is still a mystery to me. :D

Sure, the Centurion was built for combat, but the 9D can hold engines that allow it to act in a scout role.

I can see your positions though, regarding why it shouldn't have ecm. MWO needs to give people a reason to buy Cicadas and Commandos.

#8 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Short answer: **** NO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users